Besiktas club crest!

Chineseboy

Took me a minute to realise what this was about.

We don't want to be waving banners of Istanbul's jakey team though, surely?

Galatasaray are the team of the wealthy, Fenerbahce are the team of the middle classes and Besiktas are the club that the dirt poor support in the worst areas of Istanbul. Don't want any association with them!

Maybe I just have too many Galatasaray sympathies to like this one.

Anyway, the muppets would be unlikely to get the purpose of this anyway.

3 hours ago, B1872 said:

Crossed my mind about getting a flag for the old firm, drape it over the front of the Govan. ??

I was on a plane from Istanbul to Gazinatep ( south of Turkey) heading to the Syrian border 2 xmas' ago , and a whole bunch of Beziktas fans were on the plane . They were a great bunch of guys, and very knowledgeable about our situation at the time. Wished us good luck for the future. Shit myself when it landed though as it must be a ritual for them to shout Beziktas as loud as they can upon landing. Took a video of it , must find it and post. Anyway, Beziktas are the Turkish team for me after that. 

18 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

I was on a plane from Istanbul to Gazinatep ( south of Turkey) heading to the Syrian border 2 xmas' ago , and a whole bunch of Beziktas fans were on the plane . They were a great bunch of guys, and very knowledgeable about our situation at the time. Wished us good luck for the future. Shit myself when it landed though as it must be a ritual for them to shout Beziktas as loud as they can upon landing. Took a video of it , must find it and post. Anyway, Beziktas are the Turkish team for me after that. 

So, did you get into ISIS or...