Mckay

Bellshill_Bear

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

McKay's performance sums up our insipid style of play in the final third.

No cutting edge at all,Kenny Miller comes on and seconds later makes the first direct run at the Aberdeen midfield and it results in them having to do some actual defending and eventually in a penalty.

1 minute ago, MasterD said:

Last season showed he has it at a lower level.

Ridiculously shite this season and that's what counts.

He has been poor this season but I think he needs a break because he hasn't really had one due to Scotland call up .It was a lower level , but he seemed to do alright even against spl sides in the cup . 

Time will tell , but I'm hoping a wee break will bring back that enthusiasm which has been lacking this season . 

5 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Maybe a wee bit over the top but to be fair more of a culmination of a really poor start to the season.

The boy has talent no doubt, he's not playing to his potential, and has lost confidence.  Fans getting on his back is only going to make him worse but I do agree he needs to be rested.  

I can accept a player can have a poor run of form.

I can accept that wingers tend to blow hot and cold.

I can even accept that occasionally a player's head goes down during adversity.

What I cannot and will not accept is a Ranger pulling out of a 50/50 challenge, let alone several of them.

He has the talent and for that to re-emerge, he needs dropped to remind him that he needs to give 100% for every second of every game if he wants to be a Ranger.  Only then will his talent shine through.

IMO of course. 

He, like Holt,  Garner,  Forresternand MOH are all OK footballers but we need a step up in level from guys like these  if we are going to challenge  

Foz, Tavernier,  Wallace,  Halliday,  Windass,  waggy are players we can build from  

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Took over an hour before he beat a man today.  Has been a passenger during all of our league games.  No goals, no assists, nothing. 

My mate reckons he is a championship player I doubted him but not now. Should have been subbed. 

9 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

What a shite thread about one of our best players today - now where's the tavernier is shite thread so I can go agree with where the blame lies for today 

Mckay was shocking today and has been in every league game this season, should have been dropped weeks ago before the fans start to turn on him. Tav has been one of our better players this season.