1. 1. Should Warburton Go?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. We need to sort the defence, but there is every chance that we will turn things round. We were better, away from home, than the second best team in this league. Very unlucky today. I reckon we will get second under Warburton, and every chance to beat the bad guys in the semi. 

Clearly our position, the results and performances have not been good enough. We should be doing better, much better. Warburton has made mistakes but everyone is culpable. IMO the starting line up was correct. I also believe we played pretty well in spells and outwith the calamitous first goal that's as solid as we've looked at the back in a long time. Goals change games though and our lack thereof is a huge reason why we are failing.

When we lose it's easy to be over critical. Emotions are running high and everyone is extremely angry. It's hard to be positive but as hard as it is I think there were lots of positives. If we won that game (obviously) we'd all have been really pleased. The line between success and failure can be so fine at times and it seems everything is going against us. As above Warburton has made mistakes but in terms of today's game he can't be held solely culpable for how badly Forrester, and Waghorn in particular played today. Yes they may not have been playing in their favoured positions but they were both pretty poor IMO regardless and were struggling to execute the basics. We have many good players but we just can't seem to get any consistency or a number of our players playing well at the same time. It's frustrating as fuck. We can't take our chances and any mistakes we make defensively are punished. We're getting some poor decisions against us too and we seem to be experiencing a horrendous run of bad luck.

I think Warburton is the man to take us forward although I understand the frustrations of some with how things are going so far. We need to tough it out as I really believe we can come out of this together, stronger and better. Changing the manager is certainly not the answer IMO.........

2 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

I'm sorry but this has been going on since before our embarrassing cup final display, so he should be out the door for me.

He's had ample opportunity and resources at his disposal to make light work of all bar them and he's been coming up short in every aspect bar possession since about March.

The players change and the positions are all over the shop yet the same play continues and we're the only team churning it out - how does that happen if it isn't by the managers design?

I firmly believe we have good enough players for all bar them and that's even with the refusal to sign the required CB in the Summer. We are simply playing the way the manager has created and it's making it hard for ourselves with frankly no evident progress against even the poorest sides.

If this were any other season and any other manager we'd have been far more on Mr Warburton's back by now. We get pumped off them and we've responded with a win against QOTS out of 3 and our latest defeat is to another of our most bitter rivals - at what point do you take off the blue tints and acknowledge that the same problems are there week in week out?

I can see in my own mind how little we need to change to dismantle teams but if the manager refuses to do so with bad result after bad result then what alternative is there to sacking him? 

We set up to fail with a lot of possession and that is exactly what we're achieving.

So he should be out the door coming from a guy who didn't even notice the Rangers captain was playing against Kilmarnock a few weeks back.Not only had you not been to game which is fair enough but you obviously hadn't even watched it on TV or read the papers the next day or you would have noticed that Wallace had actually played in game but now you think MW should be out the door.Well enough fucking said.

14 minutes ago, ben51 said:

If he continues to be as stubborn, then yes. 

I think he's more than capable, but he just seems like he doesn't want to due to his 'beliefs'. It's astonishing. 

stubborn in what way mate sorry no tactics or anything can be to blame for the chances we missed today. Neither can it be blamed for that decision at the end.

The manager ain't the issue

I have to laugh at the people (which includes Warburton himself) who keep going on about how we're creating so many chances and not getting what we deserve. Are we fuck, we create absolutely nothing, we have like one shot saved and a 30 yard shot over the bar and Warburton comes out and says "we had chances, just didn't fall for us today".

For a team who is apparently so attack minded we make absolutely no chances and people saying we "dominated" Aberdeen today, we didn't. We played okay in the first half but didn't make enough clear cut chances and absolutely didn't dominate them.

21 minutes ago, CottonRunt said:

Would anyone else consider writing off this season as a learning experience?

League has gone now, and IMO long term changes to the club are more important than short term fixes (like bringing in Davis or McLeish)

I still think we are moving in the right direction, but its gonna take time for it to come good.

Said it in another post if we finish in a decent position then hopefully he'll have more experience of the game up here to become a winner. 

Just now, KingKirk said:

stubborn in what way mate sorry no tactics or anything can be to blame for the chances we missed today. Neither can it be blamed for that decision at the end.

The manager ain't the issue

What is the issue then?

He signed the majority of the players, he sets the team up to constantly try and walk the ball into the net for 90 minutes every week and he coaches the same defence who are continuously so bad that they are basically giving every team we play a one goal head start every week.

I really like how well spoken Warburton is but the guy is tanking as our manager.

Just now, harlands plater said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but maybe a 50 year old with only 18 months experience as a manager wasn't the way to go.

He was the right man at the right time for where we were, whether he's the right man going forward now is another question 

Treading thin ice at the moment with me and I'm a patient person.

We have improved over the last few weeks and i think that buys him some more time, id say he has until the end of the year.

One problem for me is the rotation up front, let your striker play the central role, stop spinning the three of them. 

Play a 4321 or 4411 the 433 system leaves us a little weak in the middle.

Stubborn and naive comes to mind.

Just now, sammy cox said:

So he should be out the door coming from a guy who didn't even notice the Rangers captain was playing against Kilmarnock a few weeks back.Not only had you not been to game which is fair enough but you obviously hadn't even watched it on TV or read the papers the next day or you would have noticed that Wallace had actually played in game but now you think MW should be out the door.Well enough fucking said.

I have no idea what you are referring to. I'll be a bit more civil towards yourself than you are to me but are you sure you have the right person?

12 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

I can't believe we are even discussing this. 

We dominated them today, and if it wasn't for 1 defensive lapse and a questionable discussion to award a free-kick from which you would only score 1 in a 1000 times; we would have walked away with a point at least.

Granted, that we are not taking chances when they arise but I'm in no rush for McInness, McLeish, Davies or any other name that is thrown in the hat just for the sake of it to come in right now.

Warburton has to have the full season, then he will be judged.

Fuck up. 

Weve been saying dominated and defensive lapse since January

A point isn't good enough when you play for fucking Rangers. 

1 minute ago, Camshy said:

Stupid question......No but he has to learn every team sits deep and defends in numbers.

They all know how we play but like wise we know what they will do, sick of seeing a shite long ball breach our defence. Change it up Warburton

And last season we came at them from every angle. CM, FB, Strikers and wide players.

We've changed our game. That's the mistake he's made in my opinion.

Yes.

Tactically naive. Stubborn. The 4-3-3 doesn't work, he has no other formation or tactic he can use.

He doesn't make subs to change games. (As McCann pointed out, he makes subs to keep doing the same thing as the guy on previously was doing even when it's not working). He doesn't make subs in reaction to how a game is going. He knows his subs before a ball is kicked and unless there's and injury he doesn't change it.

Spent what money he had poorly.

We have a defence that is poor, a midfield that doesn't dominate, it doesn't create, it doesn't penetrate. Forwards & wingers that struggle to create, take chances.

We're easy to play against because everyone knows how to set-up against us and he doesn't have the answer on how to change that.

Before the Ross county game I thought we'd need to take 25 points between then and December the 1st. We've already dropped 5 points so no chance of that.

Although makes no difference we won't be paying him off and he won't be walking. A long season ahead where we can only hope at some point he learns to change his approach.

I don't think he should go, he should change.  Don't be afraid to drop players and change out formation and style

That said, I can understand any fan of that want MW to go. We've been under performing for months. Bur for me give him some more time to change his style

Surley now he has got to