• Yes
    • No

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

I think it is still far too early to just write this season off, it is disappointing that we haven't hit the ground running, too many new players and some look like odd signings, but we really need to get behind the manager and team.

There are still positives in our team, and we can get ourselves into the right sort of form, this is where character is truly tested. The next month is pretty critical.

The season isn't a write off as you say, it is if "you" genuinely felt we would run away with the league title but we could turn it around and finish the season with 2nd and silverware (merely 1 possible scenario).

I see plenty of positives in our players and play and I genuinely don't think we're far away from dishing out a good hiding/lesson to the vast majority of sides on any given day.

The issue, however, to me is that the manager refuses to change direction in the face of the same problems weekly or is incapable of using the talented squad he's amassed (or something along the lines of that statement).

When stretching for a magic bullet to describe the problem we say 'arrogance' or 'naivety' on the managers part but one is needless/costly and the other suggests he's not up to the job.

I'd love to avoid having to bring in a new manager, I'd far rather we decided on a new course, a first 11 of performers, and set about it in training with a run of wins on the back of it all; the question, however, is what do you see happening?, not what you'd like to happen but what you actually see; in this regard I am coming to expect basically the same issues every single game and as such I don't know where the cut off point for tolerance is.

To be fair to Warburton I don't believe he's far away but it seems like he will stick with what doesn't work, won't give what works a chance, has us pinning a team in their box when we need to score but had us wide open when we need to defend, has players playing who shouldn't be etc. etc. If it's all part of a clever masterplan it's fooling the shit out of me.

Even if Mr Warburton said "I know we could attack a team with quick counters and walk out comfortable winners but what I'm trying to do is bigger than that, it's not going to be plain sailing but for the years ahead it's instrumental" (unlikely but then I'd have something to hold onto bar doubts in his ability).

I just don't see what we'll "learn from that" because it doesn't appear we learned from it last time or the time before that.

I know it's negative but I can't be the only one to think we've benched better performers and played better performers out of position to suit players and a system which hasn't been working?!

It's almost as though we're on a leash to stop us from taking a team apart. 

As much as I hate to say it but it's a yes from me. It was a bad decision to extend his contract as questions were starting in second half of last season. He should have been made to prove himself in the top league which right now he is failing to do big time. He is under extreme pressure and it's showing in him. He gave us one of the best days ever in the semi last season and will always be thankful for that but it counted for nothing in the end up. I think he is well out his depth now and fear it could get worse.

At the moment it's a no from me but that could change over the next month. If it stays as it is and the players keep letting him down they obviously don't give a toss either.  There's no point in replacing him with a mccleish or some other stodgy manager. We'd be back to square one cheque book managers with absolute baffling line ups and more questionable signings than harry redknapp at qpr! Does anyone seriously want a manager that signed egil ostenstadt?  Fuck that

Warburton is not the problem, his tactics is creating lots of great chances, it was easier to score Waghorn's chance than miss it. Poor tactics did not cause the first goal, that was unforgivable, pub teams would be embarrassed to lose a goal like that. 

Warburton needs to start chopping heads off. Pick one of the numpties in the defence and set an example, stick him in the under 21's to learn the basics. 

Waghorn needs to lose his place. 

Warburton is a great manager but he needs to be harder on failures because the players are happy enough to keep repeating the same ones. 

30 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Warburton has spent a combined 2.3 million pounds on MOH & Garner in the past six months.

Players who cost that amount should be able to hit the net regularly in Scottish football.

And unfortunately both have been utter shite! Garner should get more time but the other is never going to add anything.

4 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Warburton is not the problem, his tactics is creating lots of great chances, it was easier to score Waghorn's chance than miss it. Poor tactics did not cause the first goal, that was unforgivable, pub teams would be embarrassed to lose a goal like that. 

Warburton needs to start chopping heads off. Pick one of the numpties in the defence and set an example, stick him in the under 21's to learn the basics. 

Waghorn needs to lose his place. 

Warburton is a great manager but he needs to be harder on failures because the players are happy enough to keep repeating the same ones. 

How about playing waghorn through the middle where he has proven to be the best option we have. 

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

How about playing waghorn through the middle where he has proven to be the best option we have. 

To tell you truth I don't care. Just change something and start making the players responsible for failure. That miss was diabolical. If that went in Rangers would of won that game. 

Warburton needs to be more ruthless!!

7 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Said it often, now we've strengthened the midfield we need to play with two fast  skillful guys upfront who can receive the ball and use it going forward.

Wee bit lateral thinking, but if we keep the ball on the deck and continue our passing game (which I think we should) I'd like to see if  Barrie McKay given a chance to come inside more and play alongside Waghorn in one of those two forward roles. Would leave plenty room either side for Wallace and Tavernier  too.......................

8 minutes ago, will2203 said:

No from me at the moment but the Board should be getting ready to act if no improvement by 31 Dec.

Something is not right. Too many non triers and others doing their own thing.

Disappointing and I like many others expected better things.

They want to act on themselves whilst they're at it!

The tactics arn't the problem nor is the team formation in my opinion.

Where we are dropping points are from individual players making mistakes either by poor marking,  being dispossessed, shocking passing at times or, as was evident  today , a mixture of the above, coupled with bad luck.

I'm sure none of Mark Warburtons prematch instructions included the players  marking like fuds , as in first goal.

I still believe our team has the ability  and commitment to progress in the league and that we will gain second place by the end of the season. 

RTID.

Well this is a long thread and I expect it will be more of the same as other threads  about MW.

I voted no, not because I'm happy with him, but because I don't know who's going to replace him and where we're going to get the money to get rid of his contract.

Yes. He plan A is dreadful and he has no plan B.

He can't organize the team defensively whatsoever, something he couldn't (or wouldn't) do at Brentford either and he's now being found out for it.

The "fluid" front 3 that he wants to play simply isn't working which results in us being completely toothless in attack. 

Once you factor in the signings he's made Barton, Kranjcar, Garner, Hill etc, I just don't think he's the man for the job sadly.

3 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

Well this is a long thread and I expect it will be more of the same as other threads  about MW.

I voted no, not because I'm happy with him, but because I don't know who's going to replace him and where we're going to get the money to get rid of his contract.

The same place the near 2m to sack Barton is coming from probably. ;):lol:

3 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

Quite right, unless he walks away, but not like Ally

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

The same place the near 2m to sack Barton is coming from probably. ;):lol:

Have you been wearing any magic hats, or capes, or shoes, or gloves, or any magical atire?

And there's me thinking Tommy Copper had died.:D

No and we need to think long term. Warburton has our whole club playing the same way from top to bottom. If we do change the manager we will need to find another boss willing to play to a broadly similar style or it will have been for nothing.  That won't be straightforward 

1 hour ago, wullyRFC said:

It would seem harsh but we've had the same problems since December and he's failed to correct them. How long do we plod along before accepting that he's not a good enough manager?

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

Sitting 7th and already out of the title race by September is shocking. We have the players to be doing better than we are, the shortcomings are completely down to the tactics.

Absolutely amateur approaches to formations, limited himself to the most inflated market in the world, no plan B, makes changes for changes sake at designated time slots for the sake of rotation and not when changes are actually required. Poor management of the transfers this summer regarding defenders, Garner looks to be a poor signing for that money which was maybe clear from last season and that he only really had 2 good seasons when other strikers were available to sign, awful defending, no organisation at set pieces. All possession but no chances and most importantly not getting the results.

These two posts say it all for me. (tu)