Should Warburton Go?

Broxi

Should Warburton Go?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Should Warburton Go?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

With regular banality our shots on target ratio is very very poor considering our high possession percentage rates  

Something is odd with them facts, odd as fuck btw. 

We had three shots on target today.  3

Too much pussyfooting around the opposition box. MW probably saying to the players "look after the football, don't lose the ball"! Fuck that, shoot, take risks, get crosses in, create panic in their defence and feed off mistakes! 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bighouse said:

Either way change needs to happen. If the mhanks win their game in hand  they will be 10 points clear of us after 7 games which as far as I can recall off the top of my head is unprecedented. Crisis is the mother of invention. We must move now to stop the rot setting in.

Mate it's no where near acceptable, I fucking hate every second of this. It's been a long 4-5 years but unfortunately we are going to have to wait longer than we all would like.

18 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

So you are writing off Garner who has been at the club for five minutes?

No but we desperately needed 2 CBs and an out and out goalscorer and he spunked £1.8M on a forward that scored 6 goals in 44 games last season so I wouldn't bother giving him money.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

With regular banality our shots on target ratio is very very poor considering our high possession percentage rates  

Something is odd with them facts, odd as fuck btw. 

We had three shots on target today.  3

Possession doesn't win games, goals do. MW has to encourage our players to attack the goal instead of trying to walk the ball in.

20 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

No but we desperately needed 2 CBs and an out and out goalscorer and he spunked £1.8M on a forward that scored 6 goals in 44 games last season so I wouldn't bother giving him money.

You couldn't make that up, buying a striker with only 6 goals in 44 games, coupled with defenders that are going to give away at least about 44 goals in 44 games and the poll backs keeping him in the job, you couldn't make that up either. The C/B's fiasco, that alone should have seen him out the door. 

Just now, danger ranger said:

You couldn't make that up, buying a striker with only 6 goals in 44 games, coupled with defenders that are going to give away at least about 44 goals in 44 games and the poll backs keeping him in the job, you couldn't make that up either. The C/B's fiasco, that alone should have seen him out the door. 

Giving Kiernan a new deal was a sackable offence in itself.

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Crazy of us to think we might beat the likes of Ross County and Hamilton at Ibrox.

We are newly promoted , we have no god given right to beat anyone.....id love to see him start to drop under performers and change formation but it's unfair to blame Warbs for refereeing errors and players missing open goals and defenders not being in position

In every game this year (Celtic aside) we've been comfortably the better team.

We haven't had the results we wanted, but we have had a mixture of bad luck, bad finishing and bad decisions.

I've complete faith in MW to start getting the results that the performances deserve. 

Just now, Gaffbear said:

We are newly promoted , we have no god given right to beat anyone.....id love to see him start to drop under performers and change formation but it's unfair to blame Warbs for refereeing errors and players missing open goals and defenders not being in position

We might just be newly promoted but, and it's cliche time, we're Rangers for fuck sake. Do you think when Juve went back to Serie A after the whole Calciopoli nonsense that they suddenly thought "fuck it, we can just be like the other wee teams this season"? Yes, we'll lose games and yes, I don't realistically expect that we're going to end-up with a last day title shoot-out but fuck me, I wouldn't have thought we wouldn't be 7 points off them by the end of September. We've bottled it in every big game since the semi. By the time the next semi comes round next month the season could be over.

Just now, The Dude said:

We might just be newly promoted but, and it's cliche time, we're Rangers for fuck sake. Do you think when Juve went back to Serie A after the whole Calciopoli nonsense that they suddenly thought "fuck it, we can just be like the other wee teams this season"? Yes, we'll lose games and yes, I don't realistically expect that we're going to end-up with a last day title shoot-out but fuck me, I wouldn't have thought we wouldn't be 7 points off them by the end of September. We've bottled it in every big game since the semi. By the time the next semi comes round next month the season could be over.

Juve retained some world class players. The majority of our 'Rangers men' jumped ship.

The whole 'aye but we're Rangers' is cringeworthy. Some people just can't understand / accept where we are in the rebuilding process. 

I am confident of still finishing 2nd. The league title was never on the cards. 

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Juve retained some world class players. The majority of our 'Rangers men' jumped ship.

The whole 'aye but we're Rangers' is cringeworthy. Some people just can't understand / accept where we are in the rebuilding process. 

I am confident of still finishing 2nd. The league title was never on the cards. 

I think to suggest I cant understand/accept where we are in the rebuilding process is nonsense. We are in a rebuilding process but we are also spending more money than any other club in Scotland outwith Celtic. To think that winning games at home to the likes of Hamilton and Ross County is 'cringeworthy' is ridiculous. I don't think there's a Premiership team in the country who dont expect to beat Hamilton at home. Christ, some Championship sides will expect to beat Hamilton at home but for Rangers it's 'cringeworthy'? Gies peace.

I'm not confident we'll finish second. We absolutely should and anything less should see a change in manager. The way we're going we'll be scrambling for a top six place come March.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I think to suggest I cant understand/accept where we are in the rebuilding process is nonsense. We are in a rebuilding process but we are also spending more money than any other club in Scotland outwith Celtic. To think that winning games at home to the likes of Hamilton and Ross County is 'cringeworthy' is ridiculous. I don't think there's a Premiership team in the country who dont expect to beat Hamilton at home. Christ, some Championship sides will expect to beat Hamilton at home but for Rangers it's 'cringeworthy'? Gies peace.

I'm not confident we'll finish second. We absolutely should and anything less should see a change in manager. The way we're going we'll be scrambling for a top six place come March.

Spot on,the excuses or the sheer blindness that some people have is staggering.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If you look at the sheer volume of posts that include sacking the manager, bringing back Walter or McLeish, or bringing in Billy Davies (Jesus wept) it's clear some people don't. 

We are spending more money, and for every game bar the old firm we've been the better team. We haven't had the results, and that's unacceptable. But we've been let down by bad finishing, bad luck and bad decisions (from refs and manager occasionally). 

I honestly feel if we were to play the same run of games again we'd have far better results. 

If we don't finish 2nd, Warburton MUST go, but only at the end of the season. 

57 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Possession doesn't win games, goals do. MW has to encourage our players to attack the goal instead of trying to walk the ball in.

Totally agree with this. Take shots from the edge of the box and around the box instead of keeping posession and producing fuck all. Put a ball in the box with power on and even if one of our players doesnt get it theres still a chance of a corner, a defensive mistake and getting another chance rather than a 10 min build up and a goal kick.

32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's an interesting comparison. Clearly Juve were far better equipped than us and without doubt their competition was far superior. We of course are nowhere near the level Juve were and our SPL opponents are of a far less level than Juve's Serie A opponents. However it took Juve 4/5 seasons to reclaim the Serie A title, finishing 2nd, 3rd and 7th (twice). Of course it's not a straightforward, black and white comparison but I think it shows that a far better side than us, despite having to face a better depth and quality of opposition struggled somewhat. You also look at the troubles Chelsea had last season too. In short football is a bastard of a game sometimes!

That said the results we have so far this season have not been good enough. We should be doing better than we currently are and I agree we should never settle for mediocrity. Maybe i'm being naive but I really believe we can still turn this around. Winning the title though is going to be extremely tough however...

Just now, graeme_4 said:

If you look at the sheer volume of posts that include sacking the manager, bringing back Walter or McLeish, or bringing in Billy Davies (Jesus wept) it's clear some people don't. 

We are spending more money, and for every game bar the old firm we've been the better team. We haven't had the results, and that's unacceptable. But we've been let down by bad finishing, bad luck and bad decisions (from refs and manager occasionally). 

I honestly feel if we were to play the same run of games again we'd have far better results. 

If we don't finish 2nd, Warburton MUST go, but only at the end of the season. 

There's only so many times a highly-paid professional footballer (or a team of them) can have 'bad luck' and it stops being bad luck and becomes not being good enough or not being set up properly or whatever else. Good teams get themselves into a position where, even if they have some 'bad luck' they are comfortable enough that it's not a problem. Losing once is bad luck. Twice, yeah maybe bad luck. Three, four, five times?

I don't actually think we've been all that bad but we're too predictable. There's a Pep Guardiola quote I posted earlier about tiki-taka and it's us. Down to a fucking tee.

"I loathe all that passing for the sake of it, all that tiki-taka. It's so much rubbish and has no purpose. You have to pass the ball with a clear intention, with the aim of making it into the opposition's goal. It's not about passing for the sake of it."

We like to keep the ball, but let other teams get behind it and we just don't play at a high enough intensity to pull teams out.

I think all this stuff about needing time to adapt to the league is absolute rubbish tbh.

Before we went to celtic park we played the worst four teams in the league FFS. Not going there with a full twelve points on the board was absolutely scandalous and it started a tailspin that we are struggling to get out of now.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think all this stuff about needing time to adapt to the league is absolute rubbish tbh.

Before we went to celtic park we played the worst four teams in the league FFS. Not going there with a full twelve points on the board was absolutely scandalous and it started a tailspin that we are struggling to get out of now.

The tailspin started before the Hamilton game, in fact it started long before the end of last season.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There's only so many times a highly-paid professional footballer (or a team of them) can have 'bad luck' and it stops being bad luck and becomes not being good enough or not being set up properly or whatever else. Good teams get themselves into a position where, even if they have some 'bad luck' they are comfortable enough that it's not a problem. Losing once is bad luck. Twice, yeah maybe bad luck. Three, four, five times?

I don't actually think we've been all that bad but we're too predictable. There's a Pep Guardiola quote I posted earlier about tiki-taka and it's us. Down to a fucking tee.

We like to keep the ball, but let other teams get behind it and we just don't play at a high enough intensity to pull teams out.

I kinda agree with you re bad luck .  I think most , if not all , of the games , pre c....c , we were pretty poor and I think the criticism was justified . In the last three games , performance has improved but when you're down , nothing goes for you . I certainly don't think we deserved to lose today and deserved more v RC . It will click , and while it's probably too late for first , I still think we'll get that second spot .