Should Warburton Go?

Broxi

Should Warburton Go?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Should Warburton Go?

• Yes
    • No

MW responsibility is a lot more than just making our first eleven champions this season.

That is obviously the goal but we cannot overlook everything else he is charged with producing. We are building our club from the bottom up to benefit Rangers and her supporters for future years. I can handle the patience required, others on here said they would too. Lies.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

So if MW goes, who do we get? There are a number of fans out there completely deluding yourselves if you think any big name, top class coach or manager is going to be remotely interested in coming to Ibrox. Really, you can forget it, those days are long fucking gone my friends, long fucking gone.

Exactly, not one person in this thread has given an alternative to Warburton other than McLeish who made truly dreadful signings and led us to 3rd behind hearts ffs

52 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We might just be newly promoted but, and it's cliche time, we're Rangers for fuck sake. Do you think when Juve went back to Serie A after the whole Calciopoli nonsense that they suddenly thought "fuck it, we can just be like the other wee teams this season"? Yes, we'll lose games and yes, I don't realistically expect that we're going to end-up with a last day title shoot-out but fuck me, I wouldn't have thought we wouldn't be 7 points off them by the end of September. We've bottled it in every big game since the semi. By the time the next semi comes round next month the season could be over.

they only went down one league & their best players stayed. I get your point, but the two situations are very different.

Just now, gmcf said:

I kinda agree with you re bad luck .  I think most , if not all , of the games , pre c....c , we were pretty poor and I think the criticism was justified . In the last three games , performance has improved but when you're down , nothing goes for you . I certainly don't think we deserved to lose today and deserved more v RC . It will click , and while it's probably too late for first , I still think we'll get that second spot . 

Definitely. Before Celtic we were shite, after Celtic we were a bit better but we've now hit that dip where players are a bit less confident and maybe wont try things they would if they were winning games and all the psychological side of things. Partick on Saturday will be a big marker for where our season is going to go. If we huff and puff again like we have I really fear we'll struggle. A good, comprehensive win would go a long way to turning it around though. Especially with internationals shortly.

4 minutes ago, writingranger said:

they only went down one league & their best players stayed. I get your point, but the two situations are very different.

They are hugely different in a lot of ways, but in terms of being a big, successful team having just been promoted back to the top flight I don't think it's far wrong. If we'd just scraped up I'd maybe see it a bit differently too but we faced a number of teams last season (and even the few seasons before) from this division and beat most of them and won the league at a canter

13 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

The tailspin started before the Hamilton game, in fact it started long before the end of last season.

It sounds mental to say it but I think one of the worst things that happened was beating celtic in April because the players have been resting on their laurels and coasting ever since.

This isn't some lower legaue English club where a 'scalp' gives you legendary status forever and somebody needs to tell them that beating celtic once doesn't mean you've made it.  

This breaks down into two parts.

The part the manager has control over is that the team needs to learn to change formation. We need to be able to change our approach to specific games and also be able to change things during games. That much is within Warburton's control.

This Mark can do but at the moment there is no sign it will be done.

What is not within his control is what is given to Warburton for the January transfer window. That much is down to the board. They need to step up and provide for the team.

This I am not so sure can be done. I don't think King has the money.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Definitely. Before Celtic we were shite, after Celtic we were a bit better but we've now hit that dip where players are a bit less confident and maybe wont try things they would if they were winning games and all the psychological side of things. Partick on Saturday will be a big marker for where our season is going to go. If we huff and puff again like we have I really fear we'll struggle. A good, comprehensive win would go a long way to turning it around though. Especially with internationals shortly.

Yeah , Thistle game will be a big test to the character of the side . I was pleasantly surprised by the response v RC after the c....c game , despite the final result , so I'm quite confident we can pass this too. 

5 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

We're a club who finished third in the Championship 2 seasons ago,that was unacceptable for us but it kind of illustrates how far we have to go and sadly no matter who the manager is that climb back to the top may be a long and painful one.

I think it will be long ( not that long),  but not painful.  The phrase that comes to my mind when thinking of this season is always - it will be interesting.

Just now, gmcf said:

Yeah , Thistle game will be a big test to the character of the side . I was pleasantly surprised by the response v RC after the c....c game , despite the final result , so I'm quite confident we can pass this too. 

We're very quickly coming to a point where performance becomes secondary and it's all about the result.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

We might just be newly promoted but, and it's cliche time, we're Rangers for fuck sake. Do you think when Juve went back to Serie A after the whole Calciopoli nonsense that they suddenly thought "fuck it, we can just be like the other wee teams this season"? Yes, we'll lose games and yes, I don't realistically expect that we're going to end-up with a last day title shoot-out but fuck me, I wouldn't have thought we wouldn't be 7 points off them by the end of September. We've bottled it in every big game since the semi. By the time the next semi comes round next month the season could be over.

Yes were Rangers but we've not spent the way we should have .. As a club we've underestimated being back in the PL..Hence why I think the witch hunt of Warbs is wrong..The blame lies everywhere

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

We're very quickly coming to a point where performance becomes secondary and it's all about the result.

Absolutely , if not already .

I think a lot of the frustration and criticism is a build up of the poor performances / results of the first 4 games where we should really have had 12 points .  Failure to do so , made these last two must win games , and when that wasn't achieved the knives were out despite relatively good performances . 

23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They are hugely different in a lot of ways, but in terms of being a big, successful team having just been promoted back to the top flight I don't think it's far wrong. If we'd just scraped up I'd maybe see it a bit differently too but we faced a number of teams last season (and even the few seasons before) from this division and beat most of them and won the league at a canter

can't disagree with that.

The years in the lower leagues have fucked with a lot of people's heads.

Simple fact of the matter is this, if the league is not won next season he will be away. If the board are all too happy to sit with their thumb up their arses and let them get closer to 10IAR then we're beyond fucked.

Cunts on here who are saying they're happy to sit and watch them run away with more league titles need a boot in the stones.

18 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Yes were Rangers but we've not spent the way we should have .. As a club we've underestimated being back in the PL..Hence why I think the witch hunt of Warbs is wrong..The blame lies everywhere

We've spent more than every other team in the league. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

If we win it's about performance, If we draw or lose it's about result. Players are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Just hope they don't take to heart what some of their critics say, if they read this forum. They're in a rut atm and I have faith that Warburton and their hard work will get them out of it soon.

We're a confidence team. We have players of ability but they've never been in teams that have done anything. Because of this, we can be great and we can be pish, consistency is not something we have.

That is down to the money we spend on players in my opinion. That Warburton has got this team of nobodies playing good football is great, but they are not good enough to be consistent and grind out the wins.

Not sure I can go back to watching Walter Smith type football. McInnes was touted for the Rangers job but his team was honking today, 2 HUGE pieces of luck. If it wasn't for bad luck, we wouldn't have any.

I might get it in the ear here but i would give him this season to see if he can finish 2nd i know as gers fans we are not happy with that ofc. Going by the wages ect we should be getting 2nd atleast and as we are only 3 points from 2nd place i would say he should stay.

I have seen some folk saying bring back walter smith which will never happen we need to move on from  that kind of talk lets look to the future not the past.