Shocker of a decision but simply not good enough

lewisrfc93

That decision to give a free kick and a booking against tav was a shambles! Crucial decision that cost us a point which I think we at least deserved!

Although I feel we deserved a point today there's something the management are getting seriously wrong. We have the players there who are more than capable of putting in better performances and getting the results expected of them. 

I really like Warburton but it's time he changes his tactics. The possession game isn't working and he doesn't seem to a plan b or c! This is rangers and these results will only be accepted for so long. Warburton will be out the door by Christmas if we don't go on a good winning streak starting next week. 

After today I can't see that happening as we can't execute out chances when it's crucial and struggle to do simple defending. To give the defence some credit today I felt they done well in the first half and probably their best performance this season. 

It's time to get this mess sorted. It simply can't carry on much longer!

I really don't understand why he isn't playing a conventional 4-4-2 or something similar. This 4-5-1 has been totally useless in the league.

We've had a lot of bad decisions against us this season, with stonewall penalties against Hamilton and Kilmarnock denied and Aberdeen's free kick today not having been a free kick in a month of Sundays. We have been the better team in every game this season apart from the second half against Celtic.

You don't have to moan about free kicks and penalty decisions if you score 4 or 5 goals and that is the problem.

2 minutes ago, weeto said:

I really don't understand why he isn't playing a conventional 4-4-2 or something similar. This 4-5-1 has been totally useless in the league.

We've had a lot of bad decisions against us this season, with stonewall penalties against Hamilton and Kilmarnock denied and Aberdeen's free kick today not having been a free kick in a month of Sundays. We have been the better team in every game this season apart from the second half against Celtic.

You don't have to moan about free kicks and penalty decisions if you score 4 or 5 goals and that is the problem.

This all day long.:541:

2 minutes ago, weeto said:

Interesting points. Garner looks a bit isolated up front in that lone role. Put himself about a bit, but jury still out on him. Holt tried to support today with his runs, but nothing came off. Definitely needs a strike partner beside him, but Warburton looks like he won't change the shape of the team for anyone!  

We don't play 451.

If you're gonna moan about formations or tactics at least moan about the formation and tactics we actually use.

We've changed our style and its so blatantly obvious that I cannot understand how all the experts haven't spotted it.

Last season we came at teams from every angle. This season we are one dimensional for some reason. No more full backs bombing on to passes up the inside of the opposition fullbacks. Our MF rarely gets beyond the striker and our strikers can't even finish from 6 yards.

Its not the inability to change that's costing the manager, its the fact he has changed. We should just go at teams.

3 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

We don't play 451.

If you're gonna moan about formations or tactics at least moan about the formation and tactics we actually use.

We've changed our style and its so blatantly obvious that I cannot understand how all the experts haven't spotted it.

Last season we came at teams from every angle. This season we are one dimensional for some reason. No more full backs bombing on to passes up the inside of the opposition fullbacks. Our MF rarely gets beyond the striker and our strikers can't even finish from 6 yards.

Its not the inability to change that's costing the manager, its the fact he has changed. We should just go at teams.

I see it as 4-5-1 as there is only one out and out striker usually. Technically it is three central midfielders,with one or two back a bit and two wingers with the lone striker. I can't see how it can be a 4-3-3 at all.

I thought we were caught down our right side too often today and when Tavernier went forward there was no cover. Virtually all Aberdeen's play was going down their left and that gap where Tavernier or a cover man should be was left open too often.

22 minutes ago, weeto said:

I see it as 4-5-1 as there is only one out and out striker usually. Technically it is three central midfielders,with one or two back a bit and two wingers with the lone striker. I can't see how it can be a 4-3-3 at all.

The 2 wide players don't play left and right mid, its not a 4 5 1.

You've said it yourself, wingers. There's no wingers in a 4 5 1.

4 hours ago, lewisrfc93 said:

That decision to give a free kick and a booking against tav was a shambles! Crucial decision that cost us a point which I think we at least deserved!

Although I feel we deserved a point today there's something the management are getting seriously wrong. We have the players there who are more than capable of putting in better performances and getting the results expected of them. 

I really like Warburton but it's time he changes his tactics. The possession game isn't working and he doesn't seem to a plan b or c! This is rangers and these results will only be accepted for so long. Warburton will be out the door by Christmas if we don't go on a good winning streak starting next week. 

After today I can't see that happening as we can't execute out chances when it's crucial and struggle to do simple defending. To give the defence some credit today I felt they done well in the first half and probably their best performance this season. 

It's time to get this mess sorted. It simply can't carry on much longer!

He will not see Christmas if we get horsed by celtic again at Hampden.

4 hours ago, weeto said:

Is that not a contradiction mate?  Regardless the results are not good enough, for me (and to your other point) we are not taking our chances and that is problem number 1.  

38 minutes ago, globalskana said:

Blaming the ref is what the beggars do.  Besides even without that we still take a point from the game, which gives us 2 out of the last 9 points.  Unacceptable either way.

cause they blame the ref we shouldn't? The ref cost us today doesn't matter if it was only a point he had a massive say in the outcome of today and that shouldn't be forgotten we can discuss the rest but the first part ain't up for debate

Dont think the decision cost us, it was our poor finishing that cocked it up for us. Not good enough and they have to give themselves a shake........we are at fault for that defeat.

Fed up hearing shitty excuses and no doubt the manager will bang on about it also......not fucking good enough at the end of the day and we have to start getting results.

Awful decision. Ref had been excellent until then letting the game flow.

Bottom line is we didn't score when in ascendency, lost a fuckin shitty goal and after getting back in it we imploded. 

Too many arseholes and impostors in blue today to look elsewhere for excuses.

28 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Awful decision. Ref had been excellent until then letting the game flow.

Bottom line is we didn't score when in ascendency, lost a fuckin shitty goal and after getting back in it we imploded. 

Too many arseholes and impostors in blue today to look elsewhere for excuses.

Also noticed a good few players gave up the fight too easily. Not acceptable at rangers.

14 hours ago, markem said:

Is that not a contradiction mate?  Regardless the results are not good enough, for me (and to your other point) we are not taking our chances and that is problem number 1.  

No. We've been outplaying teams but not scoring enough goals. Kinda like a boxer that lands punch after punch but couldn't tear through a wet newspaper with his best shot.

I remember around 1995 - 1997 Celtic passed the ball all over the place but their attack was ineffective and they drew or narrowly lost a lot of games. Our current team reminds me of their team in that era.

I don't understand why we aren't playing two strikers up front to be honest.