Brainwashed

To Be A Ranger

9 minutes ago, kingtom80 said:

relegation ffs what planet are you from or

did they just let you out for the weekend.:uk:

Well let's just be practical for a moment. Only 3 teams have a worse goal difference than us and we are 4 points off bottom place. Unless we get a lot of things sorted ASAP we are in a lot of trouble.

25 minutes ago, King Jela said:

The style of play wasn't the problem today. Garner fucked a good chance and Waghorn missed an absolute sitter then, yet again, poor defending cost us and that's without even mentioning the ref, who actually had a decent game overall, fucked us at the end. 

I thought Waghorn had an awful game. Poor movement, touch not great, never looked like scoring however I felt a bit sorry for him with that chance. I think it would've been blocked if he'd just smashed it. He tried to scoop it over the defenders who were right on him. Still a poor miss of course but I just don't think it's quite as bad as has been made out. 

Just now, Reformation Bear said:

If you haven't got the right tools in the toolbox then implementing the grand plan of possession football with high pressing to recover the ball, and fast passing, and plenty of chances being created then  its just an idea in the mind.  A pipedream.   Persisting in a belief you can still do it even with whatever tools are in the toolbox would indicate that reality has not yet triumphed.

I see Warburton as an idealist, a capable analyst, someone who is good on a training ground or in a classroom.   But as a leader who can galvanise a squad to actually deliver - he is far from that in this league this season.   He's failing.  He's failing because the results so far are nowhere near good enough.  Hes failing because try as he might to get a team to play the way he wants they are demonstrating game after game in the league that they are not good enough to achieve that ideal.  Something has to give.  Soon.  Because the quick turnaround Warburton himself said was needed after the OF game is not happening.  Nor is it showing signs of happening (and I don't count the QoS game as an indicator - what matters is league games and its not being delivered in league games).

Amen brother

15 minutes ago, gsa said:

I thought Waghorn had an awful game. Poor movement, touch not great, never looked like scoring however I felt a bit sorry for him with that chance. I think it would've been blocked if he'd just smashed it. He tried to scoop it over the defenders who were right on him. Still a poor miss of course but I just don't think it's quite as bad as has been made out. 

Agree about his performance, definitely the worst I've seen him play for us. 

2 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

Admin, please hold us to this bet. Ban the ass of the loser if he don't pay up. I'm even happy to front the £50 and have it refunded when I win.

You seem to want us not to finish in the top 3?....if we don't it's a double whammy for me, 50 notes and my teams done shite!.....I'll never bet on my team to be poor!

Just now, Billythebear77 said:

You seem to want us not to finish in the top 3?....if we don't it's a double whammy for me, 50 notes and my teams done shite!.....I'll never bet on my team to be poor!

It would be the best £50 I ever spent in my life and it would be going to a good cause. And we would finish in a decent league position. I can't lose!

Just now, 1NachoNovo said:

It would be the best £50 I ever spent in my life and it would be going to a good cause. And we would finish in a decent league position. I can't lose!

Aye you can!, you win the bet, which means our team has finished outside the top 3. That's a loss in my eyes!, anyway either way @govanblue will be rubbing his hands as we speak!!??

17 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:
13 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

Aye you can!, you win the bet, which means our team has finished outside the top 3. That's a loss in my eyes!, anyway either way @govanblue will be rubbing his hands as we speak!!??

Now I'm confused :lol:

Bet is still on though. 

1 hour ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

I thought Aberdeen were definitely there for the taking today. We were by far the better team in all areas - even big Hill had a very good game. They deserved absolutely nothing from the game. It's certainly a bit like 'deja vu' watching us at the moment - we play all the football, do all the running, and try to create all the openings, whilst the opposition just sit back and WAIT for us to make a frigging mistake! In saying that though, what chance have you got when the referee looks like he should have gone to spec savers at the end??  

Irrespective of the decision, the space Wes gave the guy to shoot into was criminal.

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

If you haven't got the right tools in the toolbox then implementing the grand plan of possession football with high pressing to recover the ball, and fast passing, and plenty of chances being created then  its just an idea in the mind.  A pipedream.   Persisting in a belief you can still do it even with whatever tools are in the toolbox would indicate that reality has not yet triumphed.

I see Warburton as an idealist, a capable analyst, someone who is good on a training ground or in a classroom.   But as a leader who can galvanise a squad to actually deliver - he is far from that in this league this season.   He's failing.  He's failing because the results so far are nowhere near good enough.  Hes failing because try as he might to get a team to play the way he wants they are demonstrating game after game in the league that they are not good enough to achieve that ideal.  Something has to give.  Soon.  Because the quick turnaround Warburton himself said was needed after the OF game is not happening.  Nor is it showing signs of happening (and I don't count the QoS game as an indicator - what matters is league games and its not being delivered in league games).

Spot on.

He is blinded by his own beliefs and limited in the talent he has got to play to his system. Formations, selections and tactics aside. I believe the players are stifled and he is failing to bring out what is natural in them. They look a dejected bunch and eventually that will be turned on the manager as they are being slaughtered for something that can neither do nor believe in.

There has been NO reaction to the OF result and IMHO, for the reasons stated, there will never be. I was hoping to witness an improvement before the OF semi final, but it is looking a forlorn hope and I fear the worst.

2 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

OK I bought into this possession football thing and have to admit it is better than route one football but when the opposition goalkeeper has zero saves to make (game after game) and we keep losing then there is something amiss with this strategy.

I don't give a fuck if we have 30% possession but if we score more goals than the other team then great. 

I'd rather retain the MW thought of football but when was the last time our forwards had a one on one with a goalkeeper. Our midfield holds onto the ball too long. The forwards don't get the correct service. Defensively we have improved but we could have the best defence in the world but still win nothing if we can't score goals.

If we avoid relegation at this rate it will be a bonus.

You are right, he had fuck all saves to make in the 1st half in particular today but it wasn't like chances were not created.  Our composure/finishing was appalling and we once again let the opponent off the hook.

22 minutes ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

Fair enough. Will have a look at it again later. Missed aberdeen's first goal too, but my mates told me it was a shocker!

I thought he got across pretty well, actually, but his starting point was too near his left hand post, leaving the near very exposed.

The way the lad hit hit made the wall completely redundant.

It was a pretty good hit, TBF, but Wes could have made a name for himself if he'd got his starting position better.

Didn't see the first, either, but it doesn't sound out of character for our lot ?