Fans???

6superbarry6

10 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

We have come a long way over the last 4 yrs and still have a way to go but this management team are going about things the right way . We should give them our backing and we will get there . You can see from those who don't like us how desperate they are to get rid of Warburton, that in its self should tell us plenty . We will be back at the top before too long . Aberdeen were lucky today and I have seen better Rangers team go up there and loose 

Good post. 

Now is the time we should all be sticking together and supporting the team and management. There is a lack of confidence that is affecting all of the players and we definitely need to toughen up. I have no doubt that this will change.

it's easy being a supporter when the going is good. Much more difficult at present. I'm sure we will continue to play our part.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warburton hasn't been backed with the money needed to bring us to the level needed to compete with celtic, and it was ridiculous to do this whole "goingfor55" campaign when it was always going to take a minor miracle to do it, but that can't be used as an excuse for him failing to get the best of the players he has and using the budget that he did get wisely.

6 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We might have the 2nd highest budget in the league but it's still light years behind the taigs,of course Warburton isn't perfect the failure to improve the defence this summer highlights that but he's what we have and I don't think he's been adequately backed by the board 

I think if you bring in effectively a rookie manager at Rangers then financial backing is an essential,if you bring in another manager with a similar budget don't be surprised if get the same result.

4 minutes ago, billscott said:

tell me how much have celtic spent on transfers this summer  as far as i can see  4 mill on sinclair  1/2 mill on dembele toure was a free  think the goalie was a free i dont think they have spent millions as most people seem to think

They already had a top flight squad in place tho we didn't 

Warburton is a good manager, that is clearly evident from the transformation of Rangers post Mccoist. 

What he is lacking and what might be his downfall is punishing players that are letting him down. 

Nothing wrong with the style of play, it's creating lots of chances but the players aren't contributing to take advantage of the chances. 

He should pick one defender, don't give a shit which one and put him in the under 21's for the rest of the year. That first goal requires someone to be punished. 

Waghorn miss should also be punished. 

6 minutes ago, billscott said:

tell me how much have celtic spent on transfers this summer  as far as i can see  4 mill on sinclair  1/2 mill on dembele toure was a free  think the goalie was a free i dont think they have spent millions as most people seem to think

They have built that team over a number of years. Dembele is rumoured to be on 40k and will rightly be sold for 8 figures in a couple of years. We are miles behind in monetary terms and our playing assets aren't as saleable because we havent proved it at a decent level yet.

12 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

It's heart breaking, frustrating stuff. There's no denying that.

We only want the best and we deserve it.

I don't know what the answers are but I'm not exactly happy to just carry on as we are.

The criticism is quite honestly deserved for the most part. 

Yup. There's a lot of us, myself included, who don't think Warburton should be sacked, yet, but as you say we can't just carry on as we are. Any criticism he and the team get today is more than deserved. People need to get it off their chest. 

15 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

McCoist had a squad full of internationals not free transfers and nomads

Weir, Broadfoot, Healy, Kerkar and Alexander were all frees.

McCulloch, Edu, Wallace Whittaker, Davis, Jelavic and Lafferty cost more than Joe Garner did.

McGregor, B McKay Fleck, Little, McMillan, Ness, McCabe, Wylde, Hutton, Hemmings, Perry were all 'academy graduates'

Aluko, Celik, M McKay, Papac, Bocanegra, Bedoya, Ortiz, Goian all signed for less than £1m

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We lost a squad of international players FOUR YEARS AGO.  It's utterly irrelevant now. Our wage bill is around 1/3rd of Celtic's yet is bigger than every other club in the country. Somehow we still managed to struggle to a 0-0 draw at home to Ross County, drew at home to Hamilton, lost to Killie and lost again today. 

Check the score against kille why don't you.

4 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Have a fucking word with yourself.

Fanny.

Enough of that.

I'm telling you what it feels like. I'm not saying Warburton is a worse manager or that the team is worse.

I'm saying that my expectations haven't been met nearly as much as they should have been- so far.

3 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Instant success, is that what we need.

I've yet to see this happen anywhere worldwide.

But then ,  I've only being watching fitba for over 60 years, so what would I know.

You've never seen instant success in football in 60 years? You must not have watched that much then.

The first manager in after McCoist was always going to be a poison chalice there is a lot still to be done, he has had some money but not enough and hasn't really spent it well tbh.

I didn't subscribe to the thoughts that we would challenge this year (although it would have been excellent if we could), but even with a strong dose of reality and feet on the ground, this ain't good enough.  

Id still give him the season and see what happens then.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Weir, Broadfoot, Healy, Kerkar and Alexander were all frees.

McCulloch, Edu, Wallace Whittaker, Davis, Jelavic and Lafferty cost more than Joe Garner did.

McGregor, B McKay Fleck, Little, McMillan, Ness, McCabe, Wylde, Hutton, Hemmings, Perry were all 'academy graduates'

Aluko, Celik, M McKay, Papac, Bocanegra, Bedoya, Ortiz, Goian all signed for less than £1m

You realise you've just named about 16 international footballers? that only goes to prove my point that the squad lacks quality 

Stand by my post of weeks ago. I'll give him until end of October when we have played every club once.

Currently sitting 7th, ultimately 10 points behind Celtic having picked 9 points from a possible 21 is pushing relegation material and worrying. 

Thistle, hearts, st johnstone and Inverness to play. He now needs 12 points in my eyes.