Fans???

6superbarry6

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is the matter of coming up from lower divisions.  That is something that cannot be compared to any of our managers mentioned.

They never were in this situation and I feel they always had better foundations of a team to go with wheeling and dealing. Sure they were better managers than MW.  I ain't throwing out the toys yet as more time must be given.  Beaten by a whisker today in what has been our hardest fixture always. I honestly feel that we were always going to struggle to challenge. Next season maybe, but only consolidation for this season. The "challenge" thing from King seemed to be promo to sell the tickets........it has to be sent up, we are a business.

I just never expected there to be any instant fix for this season when we got in among teams who have been playing at this standard (shite or not) for 4 seasons, while we left the building. This football style may not work out for us.  If not, we move on. There may be time yet for MW and we are still a bit away from that being exhausted. Long way to go in the season yet.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again & again and expecting different results.... He needs to change the formation. We don't have the same level of player that Barca, Arsenal etc have who play this system. We need defenders to defend and do the simple things.... like win a tackle and a header when needed. Warburton can't do it and it ain't gonna change anytime soon.

The job is too much for him. We are not Brentford, we actually have expectations and standards.

21 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

Some of us genuinely believe warbs isnt the man for the job. Who to bring instead?  Loads of better available managers out there.

I've heard this quite a bit tonight. Who then ?? Genuinely interested in what better managers there are, right now, who would come to us as manager. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

And the couple million MW has spent since January (and doubling our wagebill) isn't massive financial backing when we are still being run at a massive loss?

The title winning-squad featuring such RM favourites as Jig, Boyd, Stevie Smith, Broadfoot, Lafferty etc.

id wager a guess and say our losses this financial year will be nothing compared to the kaunas year, and MW had a championship winning squad, walter had an SPL title winning squad, big difference

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Is MW unhappy with the level of investment? Did he spend all that was available to him for players? If not, why not?

So he did get more money, he just never spent it wisely? 

i highly doubt that warburton would ever come out and question his bosses, he has way to much class for that, however i also highly doubt that given his meticulous planning and preparation that he consistently shows and has talked about, that he would be happy with a last minute signing like senderos, infact i have a strong feeling that our main and secondary targets ended up out of our financial reach

this summer had all the hallmarks of the summer of whyte and ally, we want a,b and c, but ended up with x,y and z because they were cheaper

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

id wager a guess and say our losses this financial year will be nothing compared to the kaunas year, and MW had a championship winning squad, walter had an SPL title winning squad, big difference

Year ending June 2009 had a 12m loss (so that was the year which had just started when we lost to Kaunas)

Year ending June 2008 we made a 6.6m profit (so the one leading up to the Kaunas game)

Last year we lost 7.5m

Year before we lost 8.1m

I expect we will have made a fairly substantial loss again this year (June 2016)

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

i highly doubt that warburton would ever come out and question his bosses, he has way to much class for that, however i also highly doubt that given his meticulous planning and preparation that he consistently shows and has talked about, that he would be happy with a last minute signing like senderos, infact i have a strong feeling that our main and secondary targets ended up out of our financial reach

this summer had all the hallmarks of the summer of whyte and ally, we want a,b and c, but ended up with x,y and z because they were cheaper

I don't think, and I've said this for a long time, there was any serious intention from MW to bring in a new CB. The guys we brought in (even going back as far as Taylor who we had up within days of the cup final) were all within our reach financially. You're not going to seriously tell me we'd already missed out on our first choice by the first week of June. Taylor was first choice. He was offered a better lifestyle in Portland and jumped at it.

The only person MW had to blame for not signing a new CB over the summer is himself.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Year ending June 2009 had a 12m loss (so that was the year which had just started when we lost to Kaunas)

Year ending June 2008 we made a 6.6m profit (so the one leading up to the Kaunas game)

Last year we lost 7.5m

Year before we lost 8.1m

I expect we will have made a fairly substantial loss again this year (June 2016)

so we lost MORE money when we were earning more money, but walter still got more to spend overall

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I don't think, and I've said this for a long time, there was any serious intention from MW to bring in a new CB. The guys we brought in (even going back as far as Taylor who we had up within days of the cup final) were all within our reach financially. You're not going to seriously tell me we'd already missed out on our first choice by the first week of June. Taylor was first choice. He was offered a better lifestyle in Portland and jumped at it.

The only person MW had to blame for not signing a new CB over the summer is himself.

never said anything about missing our first choice by june, however who's to say that the list drawn up by warburton and his scouting staff didnt contain a bucket load that our board looked at and went "nope too expensive" we should never have been scrambling about the last day of the window trying to sign someone, and given our method of negotiating in january for MoH its my opinion that we missed out on better targets this summer due to financial reasons, and its biting us masisvely on the arse right now

Let's be honest any player in any position who is at the peak or near the peak of their carreer is not going to be interested in playing in the backwater which is Scottish football.Won't matter who the manager is and how much you offer them ffs.Get a grip of who and where we are on the big stage of world football.

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

never said anything about missing our first choice by june, however who's to say that the list drawn up by warburton and his scouting staff didnt contain a bucket load that our board looked at and went "nope too expensive" we should never have been scrambling about the last day of the window trying to sign someone, and given our method of negotiating in january for MoH its my opinion that we missed out on better targets this summer due to financial reasons, and its biting us masisvely on the arse right now

We were actively trying to bring guys in from days after the Cup final. WE were left scrabbling about because Warburton was fucking around not because he didn't have the cash available to spend. Other than the names out in the public domain I'm not aware of any other serious targets we missed out on. Barton, Taylor and Rossiter were the main ones we wanted and got two of them signed up. After we missed out on Taylor, Warburton changed tact a bit and moved for Onyewu and he, quite simply, wasn't up to scratch fitness wise and is too big a gamble given his injury history. After Onyewu we were looking at Senderos and brought him in on trial for a week. Then it was Lescott. Again, it wasn't that he was financially unattainable that killed it but his history of knee injuries and something showing up in a medical that worried MW so we tried to move the goalposts a little and it bit him on the arse.

We'd spent that much time fucking around that the window was almost shut and we signed Senderos.

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We were actively trying to bring guys in from days after the Cup final. WE were left scrabbling about because Warburton was fucking around not because he didn't have the cash available to spend. Other than the names out in the public domain I'm not aware of any other serious targets we missed out on. Barton, Taylor and Rossiter were the main ones we wanted and got two of them signed up. After we missed out on Taylor, Warburton changed tact a bit and moved for Onyewu and he, quite simply, wasn't up to scratch fitness wise and is too big a gamble given his injury history. After Onyewu we were looking at Senderos and brought him in on trial for a week. Then it was Lescott. Again, it wasn't that he was financially unattainable that killed it but his history of knee injuries and something showing up in a medical that worried MW so we tried to move the goalposts a little and it bit him on the arse.

We'd spent that much time fucking around that the window was almost shut and we signed Senderos.

With all due respect no-one actually knows what went on except for Frank M, MW, DW and a few others. It's simply guesswork.

1 hour ago, Bighouse said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again & again and expecting different results.... He needs to change the formation. We don't have the same level of player that Barca, Arsenal etc have who play this system. We need defenders to defend and do the simple things.... like win a tackle and a header when needed. Warburton can't do it and it ain't gonna change anytime soon.

The job is too much for him. We are not Brentford, we actually have expectations and standards.

Spot on , we play like an Arsenal team from a few year ago , lots of possession ,for large spells throughout the game , rarely shooting from outside the box, try to walk the ball into the net .  

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

With all due respect no-one actually knows what went on except for Frank M, MW, DW and a few others. It's simply guesswork.

It is to a degree, but what happens at football clubs (just like the Barton thing) often comes out and other things (like the Onyewu stuff) are fairly common knowledge to people, like me, who follow American soccer. He appears every wee while at an MLS club for a training stint with a view to a move before nothing happens because he's been out the game too long and can't get to a point where physically he's be of value to any team for anything other than a handful of games a season. Taylor has spoken publicly of his reasons for going to Portland and his wages will shortly be released. He's thought to be on around $1m a year (£770k). Lescott story I've heard a few times from people who would have a good chance of actually knowing via the club staff.

Warburton deserves the whole season at least. We didn't actually play too badly today. A lot better Rangers teams than this have went up there and been beaten.

First half if we took our chances and made more of some good positions and opportunities we had in the final 3rd we would have been out of sight by HT.

If it was us who scored that goal to win it we would have been going on about how good a performance it was at one of the toughest away grounds possible.

The results haven't been good enough. Warburton knows that and he desereves the time to try get it right. 

3 minutes ago, brazz1972 said:

Warburton deserves the whole season at least. We didn't actually play too badly today. A lot better Rangers teams than this have went up there and been beaten.

First half if we took our chances and made more of some good positions and opportunities we had in the final 3rd we would have been out of sight by HT.

If it was us who scored that goal to win it we would have been going on about how good a performance it was at one of the toughest away grounds possible.

The results haven't been good enough. Warburton knows that and he desereves the time to try get it right. 

Brazz, let's not kid ourselves on. This Aberdeen team is piss poor and not a patch on their teams of past years. Not comparable.

Had our right back not been a dozy cunt for the first goal and masquerading as a left winger or centre forward and not being where he should have been - right back, then we may have taken something from today's game. MW seems unable to control his players into being disciplined. I would give him no longer than the taigs game. Shape up or ship out time.