An open letter....

Bruno's Manbun

Dear Mr. Warburton,

How are you feeling right now? Anxious, stressed, worried, disappointed, angry? All of the above? 

Well if not, then you should be, because that is exactly how every Rangers fan is feeling across the country.

You need to stand up and take note of what everyone is screaming at you and change things before it's too late. I hate to agree with the Mutton, but I fear a dropping points against Partick would seal your fate.

I've tried to remain positive, even sticking up for you recently when many fans have doubted you, however it pains me to say I am now on their side.

5 wins out of 17 is not acceptable, not by a long way. Not just for Rangers, for any club. It's embarrassing. We have become the laughing stock of the SPFL.

So here would be my advice...leave the stubbornness at the door.

Change the formation, 4-3-3 is not working for us. You may have this fantastical dream about adopting the same style of play and flare as Barcelona, but we are not Barcelona. Where they have Neymar Messi and Suarez, we have McKay Waghorn and Garner. 

Pick our best 11 and stick to it. Fuck hurting a players feelings because they don't start every game. Fuck it. This isn't primary school where everyone has to be involved. Try and encourage some competition to fight for a solid starting spot to bring the best out of the team. If every player is going to be guaranteed a start every other week it removes the desire to try and overachieve. It's making us soft.

Play players in their proper positions. All of this rotation is messing with the squad cohesion, and makes them disjointed. McKay today was a prime example. He underperformed anyway, but as soon as he started to play more central his passing went to shit, ending up at the feet of a red shirt more often than not.

Anyway, I like you Mark, but my faith in you is dangling by the thinnest of threads. 

I hope you can find it in yourself to hold your hands up, admit your plan is not working, and change something drastically before you are forced out the door. 

I believe you can do well at our Club, but if success will mean losing face for you then so be it. 

Sincerely,

55Bear

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, 55Bear said:

Dear Mr. Warburton,

How are you feeling right now? Anxious, stressed, worried, disappointed, angry? All of the above? 

Well if not, then you should be, because that is exactly how every Rangers fan is feeling across the country.

You need to stand up and take note of what everyone is screaming at you and change things before it's too late. I hate to agree with the Mutton, but I fear a dropping points against Partick would seal your fate.

I've tried to remain positive, even sticking up for you recently when many fans have doubted you, however it pains me to say I am now on their side.

5 wins out of 17 is not acceptable, not by a long way. Not just for Rangers, for any club. It's embarrassing. We have become the laughing stock of the SPFL.

Change the formation, 4-3-3 is not working for us. You may have this fantastical dream about adopting the same style of play and flare as Barcelona, but we are not Barcelona. Where they have Neymar Messi and Suarez, we have McKay Waghorn and Garner. 

Pick our best 11 and stick to it. Fuck hurting a players feelings because they don't start every game. Fuck it. This isn't primary school where everyone has to be involved. Try and encourage some competition to fight for a solid starting spot to bring the best out of the team. If every player is going to be guaranteed a start every other week it removes the desire to try and overachieve. It's making us soft.

Play players in their proper positions. All of this rotation is messing with the squad cohesion, and makes them disjointed. McKay today was a prime example. He underperformed anyway, but as soon as he started to play more central his passing went to shit, ending up at the feet of a red shirt more often than not.

Anyway, I like you Mark, but my faith in you is dangling by the thinnest of threads. 

I hope you can find it in yourself to hold your hands up, admit your plan is not working, and change something drastically before you are forced out the door. 

I believe you can do well at our Club, but if success will mean losing face for you then so be it. 

Sincerely,

55Bear

P.S. Being a Rangers fan doesn't mean you are any good either!

3 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

P.S. Being a Rangers fan doesn't mean you are any good either!

True, and I've never claimed to be manager material. In fact, I'd be absolutely shite at it. But the flaws are there for all to see. If you disagree with anything by all means feel free to discuss it.

37 minutes ago, 55Bear said:

Dear Mr. Warburton,

Sincerely,

55Bear

Seems to contradict yourself:

"Pick our best 11 and stick to it."

"If every player is going to be guaranteed a start every other week it removes the desire to try and overachieve."

Absolute nonsense IMO.

Sounds like you have made this post out of anger and frustration (which i can understand).

There is no way Warburton should be being sacked or made to resign this season. The man has had 2 seasons to turn what was a shambles of a football club into champions.  I doubt any manager in the game could do that.

Said it in a few posts today, we should write this season off as a learning experience and come back stronger for it.  Need to look at the long term progress of the club.

As Mr Struth said:

"Inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers."

9 minutes ago, CottonRunt said:

Absolute nonsense IMO.

Sounds like you have made this post out of anger and frustration (which i can understand).

There is no way Warburton should be being sacked or made to resign this season. The man has had 2 seasons to turn what was a shambles of a football club into champions.  I doubt any manager in the game could do that.

Said it in a few posts today, we should write this season off as a learning experience and come back stronger for it.  Need to look at the long term progress of the club.

As Mr Struth said:

I agree, I don't think he should be either and I really hope he doesn't have to. But the way modern football is and the pressure the board comes under it's a very real possibility, and in order to stop that from happening we need to see change. 

1 minute ago, 55Bear said:

I agree, I don't think he should be either and I really hope he doesn't have to. But the way modern football is and the pressure the board comes under it's a very real possibility, and in order to stop that from happening we need to see change. 

I think the day he starts to change is when the results will really go in the pan.  Pretty much shows he's given up.

Your open letter would carry more weight iuf you looked and pointed to the fact that our centre half's are a joke. No attempt to win the first bvall, ballnflicked on in behind and players too slowbto react, piteful. Pish and incompetent. If u say something bast least tell us the truth

1 minute ago, deco19761 said:

Your open letter would carry more weight iuf you looked and pointed to the fact that our centre half's are a joke. No attempt to win the first bvall, ballnflicked on in behind and players too slowbto react, piteful. Pish and incompetent. If u say something bast least tell us the truth

I know they are, everyone does. Didn't feel the need to include it really, thought it's a given lol

Just now, 55Bear said:

I know they are, everyone does. Didn't feel the need to include it really, thought it's a given lol

So what about your point re mckay, he should not be starting. End of. Nothing to do with him playing in wrong position. Hge basrelky moved from left wing so fuck knows what u bwere watching

2 minutes ago, deco19761 said:

So what about your point re mckay, he should not be starting. End of. Nothing to do with him playing in wrong position. Hge basrelky moved from left wing so fuck knows what u bwere watching

There were plenty of occasions today that he was in the middle and his passes were woeful, no foresight and poor reading of the game. But you're right he shouldn't start.