Hats off to Paul Murray

thehost

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Why does no one challenge the fact the OP is quite clearly a tarrier?

Is that it, the best you can come up with?

How about you focussing on the message rather than the messenger, Real Rangers Men wrested control of the club with apparently no actual plan to run the fucking thing. We are signing blokes from the 4th tier in England ffs. We have no new revenue streams, have vandalised potential revenue streams, and show no signs of any new revenue streams. The board have hung innocent fans out to dry and failed to defend the club on numerous occasions.

Irrespective of who is in charge they need to have a coherent financial plan to safeguard and take the club forward. If they cannot they should be seeking others that do.

We currently are running at a loss, and apparently as much of a clue in the boardroom as we are showing on the park.

Still you carry on calling me a tarrier, that will be the magic recipe to make this clusterfuck disappear.

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

I don't see where it's the boards fault we are predictable. It's not the players' ability that's in question tbh but their tactical instruction. I have absolutely no doubt that we have a squad more than capable to put up a title challenge and beat every team in the league. With a few handy results here and there we could have made it close but Warburton has made changes to our style of play that have made us very easy to play against and just invites sides to sit in and defend. We aren't quick enough in possession and dont move the ball around quickly enough. Take a look at Man City's goal against Swansea the other night. Look how quickly the players move and create passing opportunites and how quickly the ball is moved on. Then look how slowly we do things. Folk said Barton and Niko slowed our play down. Neither was anywhere to be seen until late on today and we were just as slow and toothless.

Now, if that's Dave King's fault I'd LOVE to hear why.

EDIT: Here's that goal

Why have you absolutely no doubt we have a team capable of putting up a title challenge?what have the bulk of the squad and the gaffer done in their careers to warrant that belief

Im not having a go at your opinion here btw, just curious as to why you think it? 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why have you absolutely no doubt we have a team capable of putting up a title challenge?what have the bulk of the squad and the gaffer done in their careers to warrant that belief

Im not having a go at your opinion here btw, just curious as to why you think it? 

There's a few reasons tbh. Take our squad/starting XI and compare it to any other team in the league. There would be very few I'd swap out for another club's player. Even taking the XI who started yesterday, on paper at least, we have one of the strongest squads in the league.

In the games we've played so far this season we've typically dominated the game and never really looked like losing, bar Celtic, and our biggest trouble is killing teams off. If it was the other way round and we were under the kosh constantly then I'd maybe think we had a poorer quality of player than I thought but we are still having the bulk of games, just not doing anything with it. I don't think we're far away tbh. More intensity in our play would make a world of difference. We're just too lethargic on the ball and it makes it easy to defend against.

In terms of the what the manger has done to make me think that, truth is it's nothing to do with his abilities that make me think we should be challenging. Any manager in charge of this squad of players should be capable of making a credible challenge to Celtic.

And that's without even mentioning having the second highest wage bill in the country and the biggest net transfer outlay in Scotland.

10 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

By that token you are blaming the board for not getting involved in team selection and player signings.  I can imagine the horror on here if they did. 

Where do you get that idea from? 

They wanted all the praise when things were flying, so they deserve to asked what the fuck is going on when things are in the shitter. 

5 hours ago, thehost said:

Is that it, the best you can come up with?

How about you focussing on the message rather than the messenger, Real Rangers Men wrested control of the club with apparently no actual plan to run the fucking thing. We are signing blokes from the 4th tier in England ffs. We have no new revenue streams, have vandalised potential revenue streams, and show no signs of any new revenue streams. The board have hung innocent fans out to dry and failed to defend the club on numerous occasions.

Irrespective of who is in charge they need to have a coherent financial plan to safeguard and take the club forward. If they cannot they should be seeking others that do.

We currently are running at a loss, and apparently as much of a clue in the boardroom as we are showing on the park.

Still you carry on calling me a tarrier, that will be the magic recipe to make this clusterfuck disappear.

Well what exactly are you doing about it? Moaning about it on a forum hourly? 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

There's a few reasons tbh. Take our squad/starting XI and compare it to any other team in the league. There would be very few I'd swap out for another club's player. Even taking the XI who started yesterday, on paper at least, we have one of the strongest squads in the league.

In the games we've played so far this season we've typically dominated the game and never really looked like losing, bar Celtic, and our biggest trouble is killing teams off. If it was the other way round and we were under the kosh constantly then I'd maybe think we had a poorer quality of player than I thought but we are still having the bulk of games, just not doing anything with it. I don't think we're far away tbh. More intensity in our play would make a world of difference. We're just too lethargic on the ball and it makes it easy to defend against.

In terms of the what the manger has done to make me think that, truth is it's nothing to do with his abilities that make me think we should be challenging. Any manager in charge of this squad of players should be capable of making a credible challenge to Celtic.

And that's without even mentioning having the second highest wage bill in the country and the biggest net transfer outlay in Scotland.

dont disagree tbh, our squad is better than the rest of the league bar celtic's, and i still believe that we will finish 2nd this season, but i think thats purely down to the diddies all smacking each other about from time to time, and squad depth during winter etc being in our favour, basically they will drop more daft points

i think this has all the signs of PLG's season, we did dominate teams as well, played nice stuff, only we were a bombscare at the back, i said at that time he should have been given the full season to see if he had learned anything, and was shot down in flames, but if you remember right when walter came back the first thing he did was spend nearly 5million quid in the january window on 3 players, plus 2 freebie centre halfs who would actually defend, PLG's squad was better than everyone elses bar the tarriers, but it still wasnt close to a title challenging team, could be the same hee tbh

20 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

King "A glib shameless liar" who will, with the help of his wee hairy buddy build bridges all over the place while not actually putting his hand into his pocket to give Warburton the money to buy a decent group of defenders.

We don't create enough chances or score enough goals, defence isn't the only issue.

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

We don't create enough chances or score enough goals, defence isn't the only issue.

We've not been shy about creating chances but we seem to want to walk the ball into the net. Fuck that shoot on sight. Sure we'll miss a lot but we'll also score more.

1 minute ago, big blue Fin said:

We've not been shy about creating chances but we seem to want to walk the ball into the net. Fuck that shoot on sight. Sure we'll miss a lot but we'll also score more.

Correct?

Got to mix it up, keep the opposition guessing, trying to walk it into the net is too predictable and almost impossible unless you are Man City or Barca.

18 hours ago, The Dude said:

Funnily the same folk who were constantly shouting for McCoist's head a few years ago now think the blame for poor results lies at the board's feet. It was definitely not the boards fault at the time. Anything as long as they can have a kick at the board.

To me it's the Management and the board, i always blame the board but i cant blame them for spending all the money in Midfield(overloading) when the defence was so poor.

7 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

We dont now at the very start or Warburtons tenure we did and looked better than anything at the level we played at, we were quicker fitter and passed better sadly we dont play that way now.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

We dont now at the very start or Warburtons tenure we did and looked better than anything at the level we played at, we were quicker fitter and passed better sadly we dont play that way now.

The fitness thing is a mystery to me tbh.

We looked incredibly fit last season, rumours going around that we were mentioned as one of the fittest teams in the UK.

This season we look flat and jaded, i understand the pre-season wasn't ideal for the gaffer but that's up to him to recognise that and adapt.

Something he doesn't do tactically so who knows if he can change it.

2 hours ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Well what exactly are you doing about it? Moaning about it on a forum hourly? 

since im a "tarrier" what do you expect me to do about it

mind you, talking of tarriers, I note your name appears absent from @govanblue list. I'm sure he will be along shortly to receive your donation.

The board haven't invested enough cash in the team no argument from me on that.But the shambles right now cannot be laid solely at their door,the manager must take the blame and the players.

As said above we have on paper the second highest wage bill and invested more money than the rest of them bar the tarriers,what I wan't to know is why Warburton has decided to neglect the defensive frailties that have been obvious for a good while,did he want to strengthen but had no cash? If he had the backing but chose to ignore it then no shouting about DK or PM will change things.