Finishing

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Right now we look nothing but championship level 

We bought on the cheap last year, they excelled at times.

The recruitment this year has been, eh, Pish.

They were far fitter than the opposition last year, Tav had a goal scoring season he'll struggle to get anywhere near. 

Waghorn scored a lot, but missed probably more. How many games did he miss with injuries ?

Yes they weren't normal injuries but it's still games out.

All that we had to moan about last year was Zelalem not playing forward passes.

I wish to fuck we still had the same problem.

We buy a CF who looks as if he'd thrive on crossses these don't appear.

The style of play today especially in the second half was criminal the distribution from the back was woeful.

Unless Plan A gets radically tuned we are fucked.

There is no way we should have lost today. 63% possession and the sheep showing nothing. Defence was fine bar a monumental blip. We are failing badly in the scoring department and scoring is MW's philosophy. Score more than the opposition. I am totally gutted. The sheep were shite and that is worrying. If we rely on a theory that if the opposition score 2 we will score 3 then we need better than Waghorn and even more, we need better delivery from width than McKay or ???? are giving us at the moment. It is too easy for teams to pack defences and deny us thru the middle.

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Right now we look nothing but championship level 

How can you say we're Championship level just after we scelped the Championship leaders 5-0?

For me our wide men need to get the ball to the bye line and drive it into the box,too many baws are floated in or played behind the strikers. We're also guilty of over-playing the ball on the edge of the box,players need to take on the occasional shot.

We play great stuff up to we are about 30 yards from goal then we wilt, no one seems to know what to do we either over play it or concede possession.

We really lack an intelligent confident striker, someone who can take the ball in and lay off for a shot. We lay it off then take a touch and try another through ball, sometimes you just need to strike it.

5 hours ago, YouStayClassySanGovano said:

That's the fuckin problem.

Couldnae score in a barrel o fannies wae a tenner tied round our knobs.

Biggest issue in my opinion - we take our chances and we win games. Never seen a Gers side be so ineffective in front of goal despite playing three forwards.

Needs to change, and soon.

Can't say that enough times. If they start getting what out good play deserves, we are in an opposite situation.

5 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

You mean he's not a natural finisher?

He scores 3 against a championship side, Kenny scores 4 in a friendly. Why does the management team think that will translate to league games.

They have SERIOUSLY underestimated the standard of opposition this season imo.

It could be that but most of our team have never played in this league before so don't know what to expect. To me the opposition have sussed out us out and play to our strengths and weakness's.

We have created lots of good chances in all the games so far, apart from the one that really mattered.

Waghorn couldn't hit a barn if he was inside it, the number of shots that Forrester blazes high wide and handsome is becoming an embarrassment and Halliday is no better. Garner is a disappointment so far, seems more interested in proving he is a hard man than actually scoring goals.

10 hours ago, johanhentze said:

The system actually produces goal scoring chances.. we just fail to convert. Open goals missed CANNOT in ANY WAY be blamed on the fucking system... I suppose its popular to state it as fact, though.

The system is killing us .Any side on any given day can miss chances 

Our play is too predictable and one paced  with little chance of any individual flare or the unexpected 

14 hours ago, blueretro said:

Sounds a bit like most of us on here. Hamilton are shite, Motherwell are shite, Dundee are shite, Kilmarnock are shite, Ross County are shite, the scum are shite and Aberdeen are shite. Maybe Mark Warburton has been reading this board. The problem is WE and the management have overestimated the quality we have in our squad. 

Bring on Partick Thistle, they are shite!

I dont think thats the case they are shite, us not taking our clear cut chance is the problem, thats the difference, that difference between us and them at present

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

The system is killing us .Any side on any given day can miss chances 

Our play is too predictable and one paced  with little chance of any individual flare or the unexpected 

Put those chanses away and we wouldnt be talking about formation. Formations dont male you miss chances, which we get!!!

we overplay things, don't shoot anywhere near often enough when we have an opportunity around the edge of the box, prefer to let their whole team get behind the ball and try and walk it through. Too many touches far too often and too slow is what pisses me off.