Fair Play to Kenny!

StaunchLondonGer

Another sore one today.

But I think it’s worth taking a moment to appreciate Kenny Miller.

Best Rangers ball of the match with that delightful touch that completely unlocked the mutton-bangers defence and led to our penalty.

With all the pressure and scrutiny that man is (unfairly) under with the Polis he is able to block out the taunts of “You Should be in the Jail” to conjure up a piece of brilliance that gets us back in the game.

Since coming back home to the Rangers, he has trained his arse off to maintain fitness and he’s given us 100% every time he comes on, chasing after balls with more energy than most of the younger players. [Compare that with Kris Boyd if you will]

Okay, he’s not quite the player he was. He doesn’t seem to read the game so well and his days are certainly numbered in the squad. However, his attitude is always first class and in the past couple of seasons he has consistently stepped up to deliver when it counts (HIVs and Scum most satisfyingly).

To take a pessimistic view, you’d have to point out how ridiculous it is that, with all players brought in and all the money spent, we still have to rely on a 36-year old veteran coming on as a sub to provide the telling bit of class.

We should be raving about the new signings or the home grown talent. By rights, Miller shouldn’t be getting a look in. In my view it’s a testament to his attitude and commitment that he still does.

Even with the ropey football we’re playing right now, I’m really looking forward to seeing him get number 100. Kenny Miller is a class act in my opinion.

He needs to instill some of his mental toughness and professionalism into his weak of mind team mates.

He showed balls of steel to come here last time around, the whole of Hampden was chanting "you can stick your Kenny Miller up your arse" he still signed and done the business.

Might have been the time before.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Love Kenny. 

Always feel he can get a goal when he comes on and when we play the taigs 

absolutely mate. He's made some great memories for us! I do worry now where the goals are gonna come from. Most games we are creating the chances but lacking the clinical finish. I'd love to see Waggy or Garner make the grade in the SPL but at this moment in time I'm doubtful...

25 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Aye, but Waghorn has scored 30 plus goals against  some of  the worst teams in Scottish fitb .,.

You can only score against what's in front of you. Not waghorns fault he joined in league 1, scored plenty and now people expect the same again this season.

It was a great pass and at the start of last season we were passing the ball inside the fullbacks nearly every game which led more often than not to a goal , now we pass inside a fullback once in a blue moon and are really struggling to score in the league.

A 36 year old Kenny Miller is still a better option than the shite we currently have.

Done more in 15 mins than what Garner has done since arriving. His legs pace not be there anymore but he's still fit and still capable of playing a part.

Start him against Partick through the middle.

Kenny is a big time player. Time after time he has pulled us out a hole. He's not the greatest player we have ever had. But he's had abuse thrown in his face from everywhere and still walked out the tunnel and done the business time and time again. He himself would admit he's made mistakes but I'm glad he's a Rangers player and every person in that dressing room should be looking to him to see what it means to be a proper pro. 

1 hour ago, RossS1873 said:

Kenny is a big time player. Time after time he has pulled us out a hole. He's not the greatest player we have ever had. But he's had abuse thrown in his face from everywhere and still walked out the tunnel and done the business time and time again. He himself would admit he's made mistakes but I'm glad he's a Rangers player and every person in that dressing room should be looking to him to see what it means to be a proper pro. 

Absolutely 100% this. I'm always willing him to do well & love it when he scores.