Joe Garner.

Dado'sMulls

Really disappointed with this signing so far. Biggest transfer fee we've paid in years and for what? A diving wee bastard who spends more time rolling around the deck wrestling with defenders legs than actually playing football. His nonsense is really starting to grate on me because the reality is he simply isn't a great footballer! 

I know it's early doors and he deserves his chance like anyone else but he has to step it up big style and ffs stop flopping around like a wee fanny. Cringey stuff and not what I'd expect from a Rangers centre forward.

He's pish tbh.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Really disappointed with this signing so far. Biggest transfer fee we've paid in years and for what? A diving wee bastard who spends more time rolling around the deck wrestling with defenders legs than actually playing football. His nonsense is really starting to grate on me because the reality is he simply isn't a great footballer! 

I know it's early doors and he deserves his chance like anyone else but he has to step it up big style and ffs stop flopping around like a wee fanny. Cringey stuff and not what I'd expect from a Rangers centre forward.

He's pish tbh.

While it is waaaay too early for this to be a conclusion. I agree with the way it looks right now. His leg wrestling shite was fuckin annoying. 

I think he's been okay. It's early days and he's also played in 2 of our notoriously more tricky games (away to sheep & taigs) and in both games he's had very little to no support IMO and not really had many touches. At times it's felt like it's Garner against the back 4 all by himself and in fairness to Garner he's won a fair few battles. For such a wee guy he will absolutely go in where it hurts and certainly won't shirk a challenge. Wins a lot in the air (both offensively and defensively), wins a lot of free kicks out of nothing and his link up play today was better IMO. 

He's missed a few chances which is a slight concern and he does seem to play on the edge. If he can control that somewhat though and reign in some of his theatrics I think he'll do fine. I think if he received some more support, preferably in a front 2 (which seems unlikely) he would flourish. Like all strikers a goal or two and he'll be flying with confidence IMO.........

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Still settling.

He'll come good.

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Still settling.

He'll come good.

hope you are right but cannot see it he seems more interested in fighting with opposition  he has shown ne no skill and certainly cannot finish

I like him. He's a nuisance and ruffles up the opposition. Help the ball up well today and won us a lot of fouls. He got hit in the back today a few times today so I don't blame him for going down. I like him being aggressive but the booking was stupid. He could also stop getting tangled up on the ground. I don't want him to lose that side of his game but also don't want it to come to the point where he's a liability. He was unlucky with the header and probably should've done better with the chance he fluffed. Still don't think they were easy chances. And I don't think we've created enough easy chances for him for us to tell if he's the goalscorer we bought him to be. 

Waghorn and McKay constantly cutting in from wide on to their stronger feet will never suit the crosses that Garner needs. Another questionable signing because you see what you get when scouting, yet we have different players and system than what he plays in. Looks an absolute waste of a fee for what we have paid.