Joe Garner.

Dado'sMulls

Even the best forward will miss a couple of chances for every goal scored. 

Garner has one goal and missed a couple of chances today.

But in honesty the service he's been given has been diabolical. You can tell that he'd thrive with decent crosses to attack in the air but our crosses, from open play and set pieces, are abysmal.

Play him, and get the wingers drilled in attacking the full backs and getting decent crosses in.

Otherwise it doesn't matter if it's Garner Miller or Waghorn at CF, none of them will get over 20 league goals.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ffs give the guy a fucking chance, fans need to calm down and back the manager and back the team, you all slagged Barton to fuck for speaking the truth, yes he went about ithis the wrong way, but Halliday was fucking shite yesterday and as for his pal McKay? When is he gonna get tore into a defence from the first minute? Why does it take him half an hour to even get really involved in games?

Members of this team are simply not performing, or individual errors like Trav for the first goal yesterday was shocking, Wilson and Hill played well but we had no midfeild , Holt was the best out the bunch and Waghorn and McKay were both awful and Garner needs to calm down as he at least showed a bit of fight.

Barton was spot on, we are not nearly as good as we think we are and Halliday ran his mouth off too, yes he was outstanding against QOS midweek but against Prem opposition he has just not cut it so far. 

Half our  squad are now playing for their Rangers futures as if we draw or lose against thistle then the manager jacket is on a shaky peg and they have done it to him, he has them playing lovely football but as I said certain individual errors cost us again just when the centre halfs look good ?

Harsh to judge him on what we've seen for far. Team not been functioning properly. He's obviously someone who will thrive on crosses and cut backs and they have been non existent.

Uses his body well to win fouls, gives 100% and unlike a few others not bullied. 

I'd give him time. 

Not impressed by him one little bit, like most of our summer signings this one looks like the biggest failure to me given the transfer fee paid.

Cant see things getting any better for the lad either, has a poor touch, struggles to hold the ball up and his biggest attribute is he throws himself about. Thats ok if you play for another team but not here.

No matter how much time we give him it wont improve his overall game, major disappointment.

The boy has something about him,  he deserves more time and playing in the team that are free flowing, creating chances.

Yesterday although I think was one of our better performances, we still never created a hell of a lot.  Was pleased with our overall determination, Garner will be a good addition.

The only real chance he had was the header that was deflected over. The way we play doesn't suit him. Having wingers who take a man on, hit the byline and get it in would give him a load of chances which he would take. He's the only real poacher we have in the team but we don't play a style that a poacher needs. 

Can only judge on what we have seen. 

Petulant diver so far with zilch ability in the attacking are of the field. 

For the money we paid it looks like we have been fleeced, that being said he doesn't look like someone who can lead the line in our formation. 4-4-2 sort of striker

5 minutes ago, Johnmon said:

He needs swapping for a 6ft target man striker ala Marco Negri or Hateley. Someone who actually does bully defenders without having to act like a whingeing arse. Someone who headers corners into the fecking net like big DJ used to.

Fine strikers bud, but our market is more Billy Urquhart these days.

older bears will know who I'm talking about.

47 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

The only real chance he had was the header that was deflected over. The way we play doesn't suit him. Having wingers who take a man on, hit the byline and get it in would give him a load of chances which he would take. He's the only real poacher we have in the team but we don't play a style that a poacher needs. 

spot on mate if we are playing with a number 9 we need width two wingers to beat the last man and then put good delivery into the box. but the way mw wants to play the game we almost always end up with no one in a goal scoring position. 

I've not read all the comments here, but I have to say I don't rate him. I was screaming at the TV from half-time about getting him off and MOH on.

I couldn't believe MW left it so late to hook him.

He may come good in time but I think he's an expensive dud.

3 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

I've not read all the comments here, but I have to say I don't rate him. I was screaming at the TV from half-time about getting him off and MOH on.

I couldn't believe MW left it so late to hook him.

He may come good in time but I think he's an expensive dud.

This he's looked utter baws so far he's like the wee angry boy trying to bully the bigger stronger players, score goals is all we ask.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

This he's looked utter baws so far he's like the wee angry boy trying to bully the bigger stronger players, score goals is all we ask.

Yeah, I for got to add he is a red card waiting to happen. He needs to show as much desire and passion to put the ball in the net as he does flying into tackles.

17 hours ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

You think "he's pish" ?! A bit harsh mate, but it's your opinion I guess. But I can remember the stick Mark Hateley got from our fans after his first few games, and the rest they say is history! I'm definitely going to wait and see if he comes good before panning him.

You've went to far there. 

16 minutes ago, OhW said:

I agree with the rest but that last line is a bit strong. 

He is 28 years old and what I was meaning is his first touch will never improve, he is what he is right niw and technically he wont improve. You can see thatcalready from games played, sure he might score a few goals but he is not going to become a better player between now and the end of the season...........would love to be wrong but he has shown nothing that says he is a handy player other than being able to push and hold players.

Looks a very poor footballer extremely frustrating to watch will score odd goal and win some free kicks but nowhere near good enough for Rangers punt him back down preston in january cut our losses baffling singing playing him upfront through middle means playing Waghorn out of position on wing he needs  to be our main striker with MOH on wing would cause teams in SPFL a lot more problems.