Joe Garner.

Dado'sMulls

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, RossS1873 said:

The only real chance he had was the header that was deflected over. The way we play doesn't suit him. Having wingers who take a man on, hit the byline and get it in would give him a load of chances which he would take. He's the only real poacher we have in the team but we don't play a style that a poacher needs. 

That and the fresh air swipe.  Two big chances to be honest however I think the lad will come good.

Would like to see us with two up top  garner/Miller garner /Waghorn just to try for couple games.

i also don't get the MOH hype I've never seen a play take so long to turn around with the ball and face the opposition he takes like 4 big circle touches every time, needs played wide and facing the correct way tiki taka passing shite doesn't work with him or garner 

1 minute ago, markem said:

That and the fresh air swipe.  Two big chances to be honest however I think the lad will come good.

True I forgot about that. But this were the kind of chances he scores from. He won't swipe air with them all. Whilst I want him to do well and he's underwhelming, it's  the kind of delivery I'd expect from Michael O'Halloran that Garner would score from. Hitting the byline and crossing in either to feet or head in the middle of the box.

He's fucking embarrassing himself and by default association, us.

If we were playing well and he was scoring goals, he would be right up my street.

He isn't playing well, though, and neither are we, so diving around the pitch looking for a fight is becoming irritating. He fucking loves pretending to be stamped on.

19 hours ago, Moody Blue said:

Waghorn and McKay constantly cutting in from wide on to their stronger feet will never suit the crosses that Garner needs. Another questionable signing because you see what you get when scouting, yet we have different players and system than what he plays in. Looks an absolute waste of a fee for what we have paid. 

Spot on mate, I said it when he came on for his debut against Kilmarnock!

Every time Wallace or McKay got the ball on the left, Garner would sprint to the back post looking to attack a cross coming in and would then do the same when Tav got the ball on the right.

Watching him on Youtube you could see he scored most of goals from crosses and the PNE fans that came on here all said that he wasnt as good last year because PNE changed their style of football and didnt use the wingers that wat any more. You would have thought that this would have been obvious when watching him.

Hopefully with time he will adapt as we do actually put a fair amount of crosses in.

Overall its far too early to judge him, but I cant really remember a striker coming in in recent years that didnt have a good start, but ended up coming good...

He defends corners quite well but maybe we could have got a decent defender to do that instead?

i don't like how he rolls about constantly it's quite embarrassing really. He isn't going to be a very good signing for us, Miller ahead of him every day of the week for me ??

Writing off a striker when we have scored about 4 goals in the league hes been here and hes got one of them away to Celtic.

He clearly feeds on service and i dont mind the fact that he is a nuisance and causes defenders problems, we need that in a lacklustre team full of shitebags.

Reckon he will come good once he finds his feet, there are signs of a player and decent link up and movement but we wont see any of this until the whole team start performing.

Stylistically, his playing style is completely against what we're all about under Warburton. 

He constantly wants the ball in the air into the box as he seems good in the air,  95% of the time we don't put the ball in the air in the box that often so if nulifies his main strength. 

His hold up play is okay, but he doesn't have that natural goalscoring instinct for me that we need if he doesn't offer much else in terms of pace, ability to beat a player or having an outstanding hold up play. 

I don't think he's a bad player, but he certainly doesn't fit our style of play. Bad signing by the manager who should have known this before signing him. 

His attitude towards throwing himself into challenges, to the ground and when he moans at his teammates when he's clearly not in a position to receive the ball is utterly frustrating. He's going to cost us sooner rather than later in terms of getting himself sent off. 

53 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

He's fucking embarrassing himself and by default association, us.

If we were playing well and he was scoring goals, he would be right up my street.

He isn't playing well, though, and neither are we, so diving around the pitch looking for a fight is becoming irritating. He fucking loves pretending to be stamped 

Only his third start and you look at it a few ways. Had one chance plus no service vs celtic and got a goal. However, yesterday looked like he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. So for me he needs more games to see what he is made of but at the same time I think there's a couple of players who deserve a chance before him. Waghorn would be my number 9 rather than being played out right.

We have Garner, gemerally deprived of service.

Waghorn, scores against smaller teams when given service.

Miller, who when he comes on as CF prefers to come out the box and be anywhere other than central.

And Dodoo. An unknown

Our main CF has to come from that mix.

For me it's about the player staying central and others getting the service and creating the chances rather than condemning any of the 4 for their inability to score.

3 hours ago, jim beam said:

I will hold jutead of strokingngement e box in nn Garner for now butonin saying that I'm not overly impressed but that could be down to the lack of decent service he has had.

Im like you and will wait and see although so far he IS on his arse more than on his feet, he went down IN the 1st half as though he had been shot INstead of stroking Tavs ball Into the net after he had made his run Into the box. He does put himself about but will never be an out and out scorer as he doesnt get Into the penalty spot Area enough for me.

Just now, piperpete said:

Im like you and will wait and see although so far he IS on his arse more than on his feet, he went down IN the 1st half as though he had been shot INstead of stroking Tavs ball Into the net after he had made his run Into the box. He does put himself about but will never be an out and out scorer as he doesnt get Into the penalty spot Area enough for me.

5 hours ago, ianferguson said:

You've went to far there. 

No idea what you're on about, but my point still stands. I've seen lots of players taking a bit stick in their first few games, while trying to settle, but then going on to be great signings; Hateley being one of the greatest ever in my lifetime, hence I mentioned him.

On 25/09/2016 at 6:39 PM, Truth_is_out_there said:

You think "he's pish" ?! A bit harsh mate, but it's your opinion I guess. But I can remember the stick Mark Hateley got from our fans after his first few games, and the rest they say is history! I'm definitely going to wait and see if he comes good before panning him.

Very good point. Can't see what he brings to the table myself but history does show we might need a bit of patience.