The hardest thing to accept

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Bossorange said:

Shut up. 

My club will never adjust its expectations. We start every season with the aim of winning the premiership. I couldn't care if we had Kevin Kyle leading the lines. 2nd is failure. 

So what would you class 4th or 5th as?? At this rate with MW , that is where we are heading. 

The aim is always winning the league - but you are deluded if you think we are in a position to at this moment in time and probably even more deluded if you think we will be in a position to any time soon. 

This is a massive re-building process we are no where near completing.

4 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

that we need to re-adjust our expectations.

Expectations of our team, our manager and our board.

that's the hardest bit mate but right now we just need to suck it up and hope we find investment soon.

I openly admit I expected this team to be as good as the ones pre administration because we have been brought up on Rangers winning everything in Scotland yearly.

brutal to be asked tho to change expectations but if we don't it'll be a depressing season.

hopefully for next summer we can find investment to have a proper challenge next year.

Just now, KingKirk said:

that's the hardest bit mate but right now we just need to suck it up and hope we find investment soon.

I openly admit I expected this team to be as good as the ones pre administration because we have been brought up on Rangers winning everything in Scotland yearly.

brutal to be asked tho to change expectations but if we don't it'll be a depressing season.

hopefully for next summer we can find investment to have a proper challenge next year.

I've grown up expecting to win every game we play,  witbessing the good tines. as some have already mentioned ... We're in a massive re-build process and a long journey awaits.  Probably much longer than I had anticipated. 

Hard one to take 

14 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

that we need to re-adjust our expectations.

Expectations of our team, our manager and our board.

I couldn't disagree more. We don't adjust our expectations to the standard of football. The standard of football must adjust to meet our expectations. No Rangers fan I know would sit there and think to themselves ah we're not very good just now, 7th will do though cause we can't do any better. No chance. 

Just now, 55Bear said:

I couldn't disagree more. We don't adjust our expectations to the standard of football. The standard of football must adjust to meet our expectations. No Rangers fan I know would sit there and think to themselves ah we're not very good just now, 7th will do though cause we can't do any better. No chance. 

I would agree if it were just the standard of football mate, our board have invested next to fuck all.  We continued most of the summer to shop in the bargain basement Isles.

The reality of where we are as a club at this specific time has sunk in.  Without serious investment thus journey back to the top will take even longer. 

We were promised as fans we would be highly competitive ... That hasn't been the case, I believe we need to be highly competitive in all fronts not just when we're in the park. 

1 minute ago, He's blue he's white said:

I would agree if it were just the standard of football mate, our board have invested next to fuck all.  We continued most of the summer to shop in the bargain basement Isles.

The reality of where we are as a club at this specific time has sunk in.  Without serious investment thus journey back to the top will take even longer. 

We were promised as fans we would be highly competitive ... That hasn't been the case, I believe we need to be highly competitive in all fronts not just when we're in the park. 

I see where you're coming from but I just can't get on the same page I'm afraid. I will never lower my expectations of the club and team.

If the fans settle their expectations to mediocracy, then we will achieve mediocracy. We have to keep our expectations of greatness at the forefront for the board and team to see. 

Agree we will really struggle without investment and the bargain basement signings haven't paid off, but it's up to the fans to make sure the board knows that this isn't good enough.

Strive for greatness and greatness will be achieved.

I've said it before, expectations start from the top. If we had decent funding i'd expect to be challenging for the league but rushed, largely free signings don't fill me with confidence. Always hate reading these super staunch 'we are Rangers, its first or nothing' posts as if this is the Rangers of old and the last 4 years never happened. Realism is kicking in for a lot of people, the rest seem to be in denial. 

24 minutes ago, teddybears1872 said:

The days of me going to a match and expecting to be coming home with a smile after a great win are long gone, I was lucky enough to see the glory we had for years, Now I just take each match as it comes.Without any expectation.

If we can't expect to beat Thistle next week then it's time for a new manager. I expect to win though and I'll show Warburton a little patience for now. He needs to pick his best 11 next week and stick with it till semi.

25 minutes ago, StevenDavis said:

The aim is always winning the league - but you are deluded if you think we are in a position to at this moment in time and probably even more deluded if you think we will be in a position to any time soon. 

This is a massive re-building process we are no where near completing.

This! 

We are not good at patience 

I am sure many did adjust their expectations at the start of the season, I was one of the more realistic ones.  However I never for one moment thought we'd be heading into October in the bottom half of the table with potentially half the points of Septic.  This is fucking atrocious and so far from what we should be capable of even given the circumstances.