Formation

Billythebear77

Whatever we do, we need to change it to suit each match.

Mark Warburton needs to take a long hard look in the mirror, he demands his players be versatile and adapt to switching to various areas of the pitch yet he refuses to be versatile and change his tactics/formations.

It will be the end of him up here if he doesn't adapt soon.

Our defence is wretched, and we would simply be swamped with long balls- which they shown yet again today that they cannot handle well. There is no point in talking formations, if the management ethos and quality of players is not up to standard. Formations are overated anyway , good players and management motivation win games.

I

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Whatever we do, we need to change it to suit each match.

Mark Warburton needs to take a long hard look in the mirror, he demands his players be versatile and adapt to switching to various areas of the pitch yet he refuses to be versatile and change his tactics/formations.

It will be the end of him up here if he doesn't adapt soon.

This, all the most successful managers and teams change their setup and tactics based on the opposition. This constant shite about the opposition worrying about us doesn't cut it anymore. If he sticks to this 4-3-3 he'll be gone by xmas

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Formation isn't the problem. Not taking opportunities and shite defending is why we lost today. 

Agree to disagree mate, the 3 up top with one central striker is too easy for teams to nullify. 2 up top with Tav and Waldo supporting on either wing putting crosses in for them.

I quite like the look of that formation to be fair. I would have wee Holt in my team every week though (unless he started playing shite ?)

To be honest who knows what the answer is but we all know one thing... it better get sorted pronto!

Wes

Wilson        Hill         ?????

Rossiter

Tavernier   Windass               Halliday  Wallace      

Forrester

Garner

If we ever play a 3 at the back I'd like to see it be this tbh.

11 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Formation isn't the problem. Not taking opportunities and shite defending is why we lost today. 

We've been over ran in midfield in most games mate.

4-4-2 diamond Or 4-2-3-1

Wes.

Tav. Hill. Wilson. Wallace. 

Rossiter. 

Windass. Mckay. Haliday. 

Waggy. Garner. 

Just now, He's blue he's white said:

We've been over ran in midfield in most games mate. 

2nd person to tell me that today and no one's explained what they mean. We easily had more of the ball, especially in midfield. 

The 2 goals never even came from being 'ran over in midfield' either. 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

2nd person to tell me that today and no one's explained what they mean. We easily had more of the ball, especially in midfield. 

Today we constantly had a spare man in midfield. We actually to work the ball out of defence very well and quite often we found Holt or Forrester in lots of space. It was once we got into the final third that the problems surfaced. 

Just now, King Jela said:

I'll try mate, when watching us play and sticking with 4-3-3. And the pressing game that is demanded of our players, when the opposition get possession we are left usually with three opposing midfielders against our one, a few passes out wide and we're very vulnerable.

Today Forrester lost the ball a few times with Holt already ahead of him, mckay and Waggy already up top looking for opportunities - we end up getting dominated when we loose possesion.