Next Rangers Manager

The Ibrox Derry

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

is it really, given the budgets between his and the tarriers team at the time, mcleish done a stand up job for us and while at times the football was bordering on criminal, the results spoke for themselves most of the time

its all fine and well warburtons guys playing the nicey nicey football, but 7th in the premier league is utterly shite given the diddies we have played so far

I always think Big Eck deserves more respect than a lot of our fans give him, but it would be a step backwards and his managerial career has declined pretty rapidly the last 5 years, we can't just keep running back to people from the past hoping they manage to do the same as beforeĀ 

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

I always think Big Eck deserves more respect than a lot of our fans give him, but it would be a step backwards and his managerial career has declined pretty rapidly the last 5 years, we can't just keep running back to people from the past hoping they manage to do the same as beforeĀ 

agree on all counts, however we've seen what a returning manager can do for this club

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

agree on all counts, however we've seen what a returning manager can do for this club

There's plenty of cases in football where that's failed though, it was even touchĀ and go with Walter second time round for a while after the Kaunas defeat and when it looked like we'd throw away the league. Walter was also on a high with Scotland at the time while McLeish hasn't really done anything in management since 2011.Ā 

Like i say he deserves ourĀ respect but bringingĀ him back would be the wrong move imo

He hasn't recovered from the Cup final last season, and his approach to the transfer market has been at best clumsy. The board have shown they are willing to back him with the Garner money. He chose not to invest in the defence. He overlooked the weakest part of our team. If Hibs weren't so shite they may have caught us last season which would have been unthinkable. It's unacceptable to the fans and I know some of his acolytes on here think he was our destiny manĀ after the suffering we endured in the years prior to his arrival.

He looks pissed off in any interview, any playful idea is met with a shrug or smirk. He's looks and sounds likeĀ a salesman in a showroom. Barry Ferguson is our destiny.

I think we should go for that guy that used to be at Brentford!

He is a complete and utter gentleman, had a Rangers legend as his assistant, plays really good football and is exactly what we need to reshape our club from top to bottom.

I just hope that if we do get himĀ he doesn't beat Celtic or someone like that in the cup, making expectations sky rocket, meaning that when we inevitably dont win every game in the SPLĀ people will want him sacked.

Oh wait...

6 minutes ago, Del said:

I think we should go for that guy that used to be at Brentford!

He is a complete and utter gentleman, had a Rangers legend as his assistant, plays really good football and is exactly what we need to reshape our club from top to bottom.

I just hope that if we do get himĀ he doesn't beat Celtic or someone like that in the cup, making expectations sky rocket, meaning that when we inevitably dont win every game in the SPLĀ people will want him sacked.

Oh wait...

Yeah there's a difference between losing the odd game and only winning 5 out of our last 17.

Neil McCann needs to be offered some sort of position at the club in the future. Insightful, passionate, tactically switched on and could teach a player or two how to cross a ball.Ā 

Manager wise our next one will be Ā Steve Bruce on a temp basis if things go tits up this year

We are supposed to have a club identity which runs through all teams. We have tailored our entire setup to this. Coaching, recruitment at all age groups. If we abandon Warburton and give a manager total control expect to see McParland gone, Mulholland gone and the whole thing fall to bits.

Ā 

If and when Warburton goes (and I hope it's years away) we will appoint a head coach with similar ideas. Rules out a lot of people.Ā 

See Barcelona for what we are attempting to emulate (on a lower level obviously)

18 hours ago, Creampuff said:

If Warburton were to leave tomorrow our next manager would be Alex McLeish. I'm absolutely certain.

That'sĀ a fucking sobering thought.

A bit harsh he kept picking up silverwear while cutting the wage bill in half.

The thing that really worries me about Warbs is he doesn't seem to learn ... we lost the cup final because of a weakĀ defence so thatĀ was clearly the number 1 priority duringĀ the summer and yet very little was done.

2 hours ago, yermaw145 said:

Ā The board have shown they are willing to back him with the Garner money.

800k up front and 700k in addons isnt exactly backing someone for a title challenge, yeah he could have recruited better but when smith came back to fix PLG's team he spent 5mill in the january transfer window and a fuck ton the following summer

18 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Drop points next week then unfortunately it's ta ta for me

Scotty, the only problem with this is if we destroy Thistle and go on a 2 - 3 match run scoring goals, is that the 23% will back down, then come back at it with another volley if he loses the subsequentĀ game. Got us playing great possession football but trains the strikers in front of Rugby posts. Fucking blootering everything 15 foot over.

I'm not enjoying the results and in time if we continue to be mid-table then yes, he is oot. Starting a post about the next manager is bad and look at the friggin stupid responses.

McCoist, Durrant, Guardiola et al.

That's theĀ 23% of responders there. If McCoist or Durrant ever turn up in a managerial position I would imagine 23% will be the average fan turn-out.

Ā