Next Rangers Manager

The Ibrox Derry

3 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Why those two taigs?

Two good Bluenoses with a stellar record in management thus far.

I would take Lennon too, but as I said, I don't like the fact he's managed Bolton. And the fact he managed and played for Celtic makes me think he prefers them to us.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Danny Morrison said:

Two good Bluenoses with a stellar record in management thus far.

I would take Lennon too, but as I said, I don't like the fact he's managed Bolton. And the fact he managed and played for Celtic makes me think he prefers them to us.

You're at it 

2 hours ago, trueblueal said:

We are supposed to have a club identity which runs through all teams. We have tailored our entire setup to this. Coaching, recruitment at all age groups. If we abandon Warburton and give a manager total control expect to see McParland gone, Mulholland gone and the whole thing fall to bits.

If and when Warburton goes (and I hope it's years away) we will appoint a head coach with similar ideas. Rules out a lot of people. 

See Barcelona for what we are attempting to emulate (on a lower level obviously)

It took Barca decades to perfect it and only in the last 5-10 years are they reaping rewards. 

We don't have that amount of time, we don't have an appreciation of good football in this country and we certainly don't have the patience. 

In this country it's winning that counts. Only in the last couple of years have fans started to turn on Wenger because his good football isn't turning into results. 

If MW doesn't get it right within the next month, including getting beat off cellic then that's it. 

20 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Scotty, the only problem with this is if we destroy Thistle and go on a 2 - 3 match run scoring goals, is that the 23% will back down, then come back at it with another volley if he loses the subsequent game. Got us playing great possession football but trains the strikers in front of Rugby posts. Fucking blootering everything 15 foot over.

I'm not enjoying the results and in time if we continue to be mid-table then yes, he is oot. Starting a post about the next manager is bad and look at the friggin stupid responses.

McCoist, Durrant, Guardiola et al.

That's the 23% of responders there. If McCoist or Durrant ever turn up in a managerial position I would imagine 23% will be the average fan turn-out.

We are NOT playing great possession football. We ARE playing  a type of possession football that the opposition are taking the piss out of.

Like most I was disappointed with the result yesterday, no real cutting edge and the usual frailties at the back. Fast forward 24 hours and the forums is full of "bangers" calling for MW head!

And some twatt above spouting pish about Owen Coyle being a good bluenose, obviously at the wind-up or he/she's been sniffing father Flanagan's knickers!

Just now, Prso's headband said:
2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

why not? - he is on £3m a year in Qatar. Tax free. Thats as out of touch as it gets.

Not exactly going to be remembered managing over there. Maybe he could be tempted by winning trophies and taking us into europe. 

aye - that'll happen:lol:(tu)

19 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Scotty, the only problem with this is if we destroy Thistle and go on a 2 - 3 match run scoring goals, is that the 23% will back down, then come back at it with another volley if he loses the subsequent game. Got us playing great possession football but trains the strikers in front of Rugby posts. Fucking blootering everything 15 foot over.

I'm not enjoying the results and in time if we continue to be mid-table then yes, he is oot. Starting a post about the next manager is bad and look at the friggin stupid responses.

McCoist, Durrant, Guardiola et al.

That's the 23% of responders there. If McCoist or Durrant ever turn up in a managerial position I would imagine 23% will be the average fan turn-out.

I  worded my post poorly m8 , probably out of sheer frustration, I don't really want the manager to go , I would love for him to turn it around, we all would of course , I'm just struggling to find ways to defend him when he keeps saying the same things over and over, nothing in the world would please me more than to see us going on a tremendous run and ramming all the criticism down the media's throat, but realistically I just can't see where it's coming from, I'll keep going week In week out  no matter what and continue to give my support but if results don't start happening then we all know what will need to happen. 

16 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

It took Barca decades to perfect it and only in the last 5-10 years are they reaping rewards. 

We don't have that amount of time, we don't have an appreciation of good football in this country and we certainly don't have the patience. 

In this country it's winning that counts. Only in the last couple of years have fans started to turn on Wenger because his good football isn't turning into results. 

If MW doesn't get it right within the next month, including getting beat off cellic then that's it. 

Then we will get the team out impatience deserves. If the club don't stick it out and persevere with the rebuild this will just go down as a few more wasted years to add to the Ally years. We can't rip it up and start again every time we hit a bad patch.  Since when was instilling a whole new ethos going to take a year. 

I think we're seeing two distinct groups...or is it really the same group flip flopping!

1. Those who will only be happy to win at all costs regardless of the style of football.

2. Those who want to watch a passing side who retain possession, playing what is regarded as a progressive style.

Of course many of those currently in group 1 immediately jumped ship to group 2 when we were winning almost every game.

Many of those in group 2 jumped ship after the first draw, desperate for reinstatement of the bland turgid stuff they've complained about for years.

If we get rid of MW then I'm afraid we'll never be anything other than a team whose style of play is dictated by the fact the fans demand over and above all else their team must win...at all costs. 

20 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

OK currently the poll on the other thread is 23% that Warburton should get his bags packed. So who do you think should be the next Manager of The Rangers?? 23% is nearly 1 in 4 of Rangers fans, so it is quite a high percentage. Just to state that I am one of the 77% who thinks he needs to be given more time and alot more backing from the board.

Please keep prospective Managers realistic.

This forum doesn't represent the entire Rangers fanbase so i don't get where your 1 in 4 Rangers fans come from.

I note also your another one who hasn't taken into account the huge amount of compensation Rangers would have to pay on a manager who has just signed a new three year deal,People for some odd reason seem to think it's just a case of saying on your bike and that simple.

We are in no position to start paying off people and what kind of manager would want to come to a club that sacks their manager after a handful of games in the top flight.

You can only work with the tools your given,We can't afford to buy the best tools,So if your not using the best tools it takes longer to do the job.. We are a work in progress and the club has been financially raped and pillaged in the last five years,It takes time to heal and repair the damage and patience is required.

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I think we're seeing two distinct groups...or is it really the same group flip flopping!

1. Those who will only be happy to win at all costs regardless of the style of football.

2. Those who want to watch a passing side who retain possession, playing what is regarded as a progressive style.

Of course many of those currently in group 1 immediately jumped ship to group 2 when we were winning almost every game.

Many of those in group 2 jumped ship after the first draw, desperate for reinstatement of the bland turgid stuff they've complained about for years.

If we get rid of MW then I'm afraid we'll never be anything other than a team whose style of play is dictated by the fact the fans demand over and above all else their team must win...at all costs. 

Yes. We will never progress unless we persevere with the greater plan of installing a new brand of football in the fabric of The club. . It doesn't have to be Warburton at the top but the style must remain or all this restructure will have been for nothing.  When it does come good it will be worth it. In 10 years kids should associate Rangers with slick passing football as of that's always been the way we play. Everything we are dok g behind the scenes can't be undone by impatience 

54 minutes ago, Kai_Johansen said:

Like most I was disappointed with the result yesterday, no real cutting edge and the usual frailties at the back. Fast forward 24 hours and the forums is full of "bangers" calling for MW head!

And some twatt above spouting pish about Owen Coyle being a good bluenose, obviously at the wind-up or he/she's been sniffing father Flanagan's knickers!

MW's fault for signing terrible defenders,no ?

10 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

This forum doesn't represent the entire Rangers fanbase so i don't get where your 1 in 4 Rangers fans come from.

I note also your another one who hasn't taken into account the huge amount of compensation Rangers would have to pay on a manager who has just signed a new three year deal,People for some odd reason seem to think it's just a case of saying on your bike and that simple.

We are in no position to start paying off people and what kind of manager would want to come to a club that sacks their manager after a handful of games in the top flight.

You can only work with the tools your given,We can't afford to buy the best tools,So if your not using the best tools it takes longer to do the job.. We are a work in progress and the club has been financially raped and pillaged in the last five years,It takes time to heal and repair the damage and patience is required.

Im actually one who wants him to stay, and I believe he and Davie are the men for the job to take us forward and to success. I was calling out the 23% on here who want him to go and asking for realistic suggestions for his replacement which none of them can provide me with. Hence my conclusions were the 23% are either A) Taigs B) Joey Barton and friends or C) Rangers fans with an IQ of a five year old. It was a simple exercise in bringing some of our support to a point of realism of the footballing world we live in today, as many seem to think that we are still living in the 1990s and top class managers and coaches are going to be battering the door down at Ibrox pleading for the managerial position, which I can assure them they are not. Warburton is building a long term plan at Ibrox / Auchenhowie and it's going to take time to see the fruits of his work develop, he needs the fans backing on this. However the board really need to step up and play as they have been conspicuous by their absence of some real cash which was promised when they stepped into their positions. Without this backing from King and Co. it's going to be very difficult for Warburton to complete his goals, which is a successful Rangers in which we can all get behind and celebrate in. WATP.

Next Rangers Manager... will be given a laughable budget and expected to win the league and go into Europe, will fail and be sacked ready for the next bumpkin to be lauded as the savior of our club.

It is the way of things with someone like King in charge. Did he not even say once that the ideal situation would be Rangers and Celtic alternating between winning the league as it created more excitement.

The guy is a scrotum.

34 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

When with a bit of patience we could have both.

42 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Unfortunately this Rangers side is neither..

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Unfortunately this Rangers side is neither..

Did you expect either to be immediate? 

So long as there are signs of progress, which I agree is tenuous at best just now, we must give him time.

For me the team is vastly improved in the last 3 games.