Warburton is a fraud and the signs have been there since the first Hibs game

5 hours ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

We barely had two chances the whole match. We've also dropped points against shite like Kilmarnock and Ross County, and took a gubbing off, let's face it, what was also the worst Celtic team for probably ten years.

Successful managers win matches, they grind out results, Warburton has shown himself woefully incompetent at doing this for the best part of several months now. The defensive frailties have always been there, losing stupid goals constantly last season and now this season. He's had last January and thus summer to fix them but hasn't. He wasn't around to personally meet Mariappa either, something that shouldn't be left to a scout. The defence could almost be tolerable if we were scoring goals, but we're not. Problem there is we don't have a Plan B to mix it up with when Warburton's system ain't working. 

And let's get this straight, it's not King's fault Warburton can't get his team to defend corners and lose stupid goals against dross. Everyone in the league bar Celtic has a far smaller budget, yet Warburton can't even meet the basic challenge that's set of him to finish second. Anything less than that, which is starting to look increasingly likely, is criminal.

Was he not pictured having lunch with him?

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Sick to death of cunts on forums posting shite like "I posted this/I said this/I've been saying this for ages" whenever shit like today happens. 

Genuinely can't read the forums after we play shite without people like you OP giving it the whole "I gave this opinion months ago but yeez aw hounded me for it" nonsense.

Pretty sure I also read something earlier that basically said "I said months ago that McKay couldn't handle the SPL and was called x, y and z by everyone now look at how true that proved to be".

Honestly, no one gives a flying fuck. I really do get the impression of people actually wanting us to fail so they can log into RM and tell everyone about how they called it before anyone else did,

Get a grip.

Bit like no one gives a fuck about your posts obviously  blowhard 

4 hours ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

This is a completely irrelevant point to our current predicament. We've spent more than enough to finish second, but we're falling miserably to even manage that under Warburton. Why would you trust a stubborn and arrogant man who can't admit he's wrong to change things? 

And for what it's worth, I wouldn't trust Warburton to spend 50p on centrehalves.

You do realise we are three points off of second??(I dont strive for second! It's has the same excitement as finishing third or fourth in the grand scheme of things!! I have been brought up with first being all or nothing) this season is about progressing enough to win it next season. We will see who can or can't hack it and hopefully punt them come Jan or July. As long as we are progressing then I can just about accept this season being turbulent. I think it's a steep learning curve for Warburton but I still have faith for now!!

To call Warburton a Fraud is completely off the mark. We all knew what we were getting - and because his initial impact was impressive and bearing in mind the crap we had witnessed over the previous few years- we as a support accepted him as the greatest thing since sliced bread. We gave him his magic hat. We built up the pedestal, and we built it very high- but as ever- CW,CG,MA,DK, we built it far to quickly and on nothing more substantial than emotion.

What we got with Warbs was a Manager who was beginning to get noticed down South for his work with Brentford. No Successes but Potential. Well what we are seeing now is a true reflection of where we and he are truly placed and the actual aspirational level of this our current board. 

The next few months will make or break Warbs- if the present form continues then it will be interesting to see if the Board and DK in particular are going to demonstrate their commitment to returning Rangers to its previous place as the No 1 team in Scotland. The writing has been on the Wall since the Cup Final loss to Hibs. The end of last Season was a major cock up- no Management Team/ Club of any Repute would have accepted that drop in form- the we have already won league argument was a complete joke.

I really hope Warbs turns this around. I fear we cannot afford to replace him, I fear we will now struggle to get a credible Manager to replace him. Esoecially if he is not given time and support to get things right. It is going to be a bloody hard year, my hope is 2nd, but I think we could just about manage 3rd. With my realist head on I am expecting 4th. I would take a 4th (in the situation we are in financially) if there were clear signs as the season progresses that a foundation/ real improvements were actually being made and that a serious title challenge was on the cards for next year- but some how I doubt it. We need serious investment/ not loans  for the situation to change.

Three points off second place btw. 3

But it does hide some worrying stuff that our management team need to address 

1. convert our high ball possession rates into goals

2. reduce the fear factor in shooting at EVERY half decent opportunity 

3. Give our defenders a different training experience 

Warburton is a terrible manager,hasn't a clue about defending,and some of the stories I'm hearing about his management style are worrying,some of the shite he comes out with "pitch geography" and "we trained well "are nonsense,some of the players are not happy with him

1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

I love the amount of cunts crying out for McInnes despite the fact he has bottled the league the last 3 seasons and got pumped over the park yesterday despite how shite yous all say we were.

McInnes would be a disgraceful appointment, as would re-appointig McLeish or getting Davies in. He's talking to St Mirren FFS.

Any manager who replaces Warburton (not that I think he should be replaced) would need to be cut from the same cloth as Brenda- experience at the highest level.

Otherwise those cunts will win 10IAR and that simply must not happen.

21 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Three points off second place btw. 3

But it does hide some worrying stuff that our management team need to address 

1. convert our high ball possession rates into goals

2. reduce the fear factor in shooting at EVERY half decent opportunity 

3. Give our defenders a different training experience 

I think a lot of posters are missing that were 3 points from second place and I do believe it's only a matter of time for us to kick in but that needs to be real soon as we're only 2 games away from Hampden (and breath).

The sheep had roughly the same shots and shots on target as us which overall was pretty poor.

MW needs to find answers pretty quickly and stop messing up his team selection as he's the author of our misfortune.

I did think we defended set plays a whole lot better yesterday but it seemed to have been just one of those games. That footballing thing happens every now and then but it sadly seems to be happening to us too often for it to be random.

What an embarrassment of a thread (title).  Has he made mistakes? Yes, will he turn this current situation around? I'm not sure, but I hope so however 'a fraud' - gie yerself peace ffs.

You've also said we created very little yesterday.  Holt and Garner  (x2) had superb chances that should have had us ahead at HT.  These are not guys that can't finish.  As much as Warburton will (fairly) be held accountable wtf can he do about that.  Waggy should score second half from what? 3 yards and we did score.  Chances were created. 

Finally as much as we will accept it for what it was we were a howling referee decision from a tough away point where we deserved 3 imo.  

I honestly think the guy deserves a bit more respect than 'fraud'. 

It worries me as much as i like MW the results we have been getting dont fill me with any confidence two questions arise out of this does he have the ability to turn it around ? are his players good enough to help him ?

7 hours ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

The warning signs have all been there: Warburton not spending more than 5 minutes on the opposition, everyone at the club saying it's all about us, no plan B, do plan A better even though it's clear we'll get hammered by decent opposition that can defend and finish, Weir saying Warburton is more attacking than he'd like to be, the Brentford defender saying he was always left exposed. Kiernan being shite yet still playing. Celtic could have had 5 off us in the semifinal, but that was airbrushed from history after our win, they had like 22 shots or something! 

I posted the above in July (although posted similar a year ago on FF) and was roundly hounded as a Celtic fan. Here we are in September and his inability to get our team to defend, and his stubbornness not to mix up tactics, means he's an absolute fraud. It was fine gubbing part timers in the championship, but now we're playing professional opposition, Warburton hasn't got the answers, and I genuinely don't see how he's going to change. We've won 3 league games since the end of March. V Dumbarton, Dundee & Motherwell. All by a single goal.

Rossiter and Windass aside, the signings this summer have been abysmal. No-one can say it's because the board haven't backed him, he's spent more than anyone in the league outside Celtic yet we're seventh. 

Time for him to go, and I'd offer Aberdeen a blank cheque for McInnes.

Warburton may or may not be the man for the job but one thing I'm certain of is fuck having Derek McIness and his brand of brutality running the ship, his teams are boring as fuck

7 hours ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

The warning signs have all been there: Warburton not spending more than 5 minutes on the opposition, everyone at the club saying it's all about us, no plan B, do plan A better even though it's clear we'll get hammered by decent opposition that can defend and finish, Weir saying Warburton is more attacking than he'd like to be, the Brentford defender saying he was always left exposed. Kiernan being shite yet still playing. Celtic could have had 5 off us in the semifinal, but that was airbrushed from history after our win, they had like 22 shots or something! 

I posted the above in July (although posted similar a year ago on FF) and was roundly hounded as a Celtic fan. Here we are in September and his inability to get our team to defend, and his stubbornness not to mix up tactics, means he's an absolute fraud. It was fine gubbing part timers in the championship, but now we're playing professional opposition, Warburton hasn't got the answers, and I genuinely don't see how he's going to change. We've won 3 league games since the end of March. V Dumbarton, Dundee & Motherwell. All by a single goal.

Rossiter and Windass aside, the signings this summer have been abysmal. No-one can say it's because the board haven't backed him, he's spent more than anyone in the league outside Celtic yet we're seventh. 

Time for him to go, and I'd offer Aberdeen a blank cheque for McInnes.

He's a fraud?, fuck off with this pish!!, it's not his fault waghorn ballooned the ball over the bar from 6 yards yesterday, or his fault  the chairman's 30 million hasn't materialised!, or even his fault the ref yesterday gave the sheep a free kick when any cunt with eyes could see it wasn't one

Rossiter's hardly kicked a ball for us this season as has windass, the only signings I'd question so far are the CB signings.

And your point about Mcinnes???....fuxxake he's won FUCKALL and his Aberdeen team are pish!, they we're pish yesterday, and have been pish all season!. 

With fans like you who needs enemies!!!

Threads asking who the new manager will be and this gem calling our current manager a fraud, didn't take very long for some of our fickle support to turn nasty, while I agree the manager is under real pressure , the media and our usual range of enemies are circling, we don't need to assist them .

I've lost a hell of a lot of respect for Warburton lately, his obstinate streak is infuriating and he needs to be a lot more astute tactically, but....he should be given time. He has done a lot behind the scenes and getting rid of him now would undo most of that. 

McInnes, Davies or McCleish would be a retrograde step and results aren't guaranteed to improve. Warburton needs to play to his strengths-

1. His contacts within the English game. He can get us some very good youngsters on loan, imo he missed a trick not getting in at least 2 loans from Arsenal, Spurs etc in the summer. The Arsenal have a very solid big Polish centre back, Beilek I think ye call him, we could've had on loan.

2. His eye for a bargain. Yes, some of his signings have been underwhelming but ask yourself- are Tavernier, Waghorn etc worth more now than when we signed them? He won't, and hasn't, got every signing right but overall he's done well trawling the lower leagues in England. 

3. It seems like he takes no crap from the players. The Barton saga seems to prove that. Rangers have been desperate for a real disciplinarian for years (if he really is one)

He needs to start getting results, quickly, but I for one would be hugely disappointed if we were to do something as shortsighted as sacking him in September and replacing him with McInnes or Big Eck.