Warburton is a fraud and the signs have been there since the first Hibs game

1 hour ago, Bydo said:

McInnes would be a disgraceful appointment, as would re-appointig McLeish or getting Davies in. He's talking to St Mirren FFS.

Any manager who replaces Warburton (not that I think he should be replaced) would need to be cut from the same cloth as Brenda- experience at the highest level.

Otherwise those cunts will win 10IAR and that simply must not happen.

I've been saying this to people too

If we ultimately do get rid of Warburton and we are serious about stopping them from winning 10 in a row, we need to get a higher quality of manager and give him the budget needed to properly compete with them.

Unfortunately that would take investment that I don't think is likely to happen which means we would probably end up appointing an average manager, signing average players, putting in average performances and getting average results and that in itself just leads to a revolving door policy that sees managers come and go every 18-24 months.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given he built a team to win the Championship, I dont think MW was ever in a position to change an entire squad of players for the premiership. Whether because of club finances or loyalty or a combo of both he has had no option but to see which of his previous squad could hack it in the premiership - augmented by  a few extras.

Unfortunately he is in the middle of a perfect storm - very few of last years squad look capable in the premiership and the ones he has brought in to help have been injured, barred, or found wanting (Windass, Crooks, DoDoo injured, Barton banned and Krancjar really struggling).

Looking with a little hindsight, we have set unrealistic expectations that a Championship squad can handle the SPL week in week out.

My criticism of MW is that this is now obvious and we have to alter our tactics and team selection accordingly - and he is not doing that. He should also have got a better defence in as a top priority. However, some of the comments I have seen in the last 24 hours belong to the hysterics of 12 year old girls, rather than grown men.

The op clearly thinks a Rangers manager should concentrate on the opposition. Rangers never win so many titles because we worried about any side.  Wether you like it or not a lot of success was down to basically spending more money. 

Money wont just buy skill but will also by a mental toughness that is required against a hearts or killie that really want to win against you.

some of our squad just don't have it, you know stretching that extra inch to tap the ball in or never giving up a lost cause.

you can look back at what qualities your Steve Davis had or your Brian laudrups but without the will to win they had nothing.

all this sideways passing we see is a sign of a team with no will to win. Ofcourse they'll be disappointed but if they think passing it side to side is enough to beat any team in Scotland that have a point to prove then they may aswell leave now.  

Im sure I read that at Murray park there's a plaque that reads hard work will beat skill if skill doesn't work hard. It's about time they realised it

6 hours ago, gogzy said:

WIndass looks really good IMO, I've heard crooks is better ( different positions I know) Barton was the championship player of the season, that had to count for something IMO.

Garner will come good for us I think, give him some more game time, and he will score us a good amount of goals IMO.

A fit Kranjar would be brillaint, I doubt he will get fit though,  if we can get a solid half of football each game from him,then he could be a great asset. I think Senderos and Hill might have been almost panic buys, I don't think they were anywhere near our first choice ( think tht was marriapa IIRC)

Ill be honest, I thought he has a hand in tav, fod, and waghorn,  those three were kind of important in my "key man" speech :lol:

What about Rossiter and Dodoo?  I'd have thought he had something to do with finding them too.

I think he can and will continue to find us gems like rossiter,who IMO looks the real deal. ( jury is still out on Dodoo)

McParland is head of recruitment and comes with a great reputation. I don't know what his job description is but I would expect him to be not just finding talent but also finding character. Especially as this is something Warburton has drilled home from the start. 

I also expect him to know fitness levels and injury proneness. Windass does look good but he needs to get and stay fit. Let's see about crooks. Also not played football in 6 months. 

Barton is well discussed. He should never have been signed in my opinion but don't want to dwell on him. 

Garner might come good. For 1.8 million I was hoping for more from him. I was pissed with his theatrics yesterday and he walked a fine line. Hope he is not another lafferty. 

Kranjcar is a skill but he needs to be fit or he is a luxury. So it is proving so far. Time will tell. 

Hill was signed early so can't be a panic buy. I think it was a complete gamble on being able to repeat the Weir signing. And who knows that too might work as he was probably out MOM yesterday. Senderos was complete panic and frankly we were told that wouldn't happen 

Rossiter and Dodoo look good prospects. These are the kind of signings I would expect from a well reputed scout. But remember he is more than a scout he is head of recruitment. 

So in summary. The jury is out on frank Mcparland just as much as it is on Warburton. 

Both deserve more time. 

7 hours ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

And for what it's worth, I wouldn't trust Warburton to spend 50p on centrehalves.

I would like to think Davie Weir could have some input in that, but at the moment I'm struggling to think what he actually does. 

Your stat about only winning three league games since the end of March is very worrying. I think our performance is slowly beginning to improve, so with a bit of luck the results should follow. I like Mark Warburton and I'll be happy if he's given time to sort things out.

Let's remember, it's less than a year since most on here wanted him tied to a long term contract. "Rome wasn't built in a day but a Rangers team has to be"...............I think that's how that quote goes.

:lol:

He's got til May.

He's not spent so much that a manager coming in the summer would be hamstrung and stuck with 20 odd players that can't be shifted on (some might even turn a profit considering how little we've paid in the first place) and that's if it doesn't work for MW.

But if it does we are set for a long time. The game's moving on and even if we could spend like we used to we'd still get left behind.

Personally this is why I believe that Scottish football is terrified of MW. The game is stuck in the 90's and that suits quite a lot of people who wouldn't get a job cleaning boots at professional football clubs never mind managing or coaching, if that wasn't the case.

So the choice is clear: Join in the mire or take a chance and maybe leave this backward shitehole in the rear view

I think Warburton has set the football department up correctly and made us 100 times more professional.

nowhe has to get formations and players right, and I think he should be allowed to play all these teams once, then see how we change in second round of games, and well see if hes learned anything tactically. I think Warburton will be a good Rangers manager.

Just now, Dunny_01 said:

I think Warburton has set the football department up correctly and made us 100 times more professional.

nowhe has to get formations and players right, and I think he should be allowed to play all these teams once, then see how we change in second round of games, and well see if hes learned anything tactically. I think Warburton will be a good Rangers manager.

Couldn't agree more mate, I'm sure behind closed doors he's being critical and telling players straight and how to improve. 

My only  concern  with Warburton was the failings to sort the defence out during the transfer window. 

The reality of the re-building project to restore us to our rightful place has truly set in for me.  If I can accept that this will take more than a season to challenge top spot, then I must also accept Warburton will make mistakes and he is also learning in this process.

In saying that I think Europen football is the benchmark and objective for our minimal goal this season.

9 minutes ago, Dunny_01 said:

Spot on.  Cringing at some of the stuff being said about the manager today (not constructive criticism)  I do get the frustration of Rangers not winning any game, like many I have been raised in the winning is all that matters way of thinking about Rangers, it would be fair to say with a degree of arrogance about our right to win.  However whether we like it or not we have just been promoted, it is a factor.  

I honestly think if he goes we will go on to seriously regret that he did.  I base that on what I think he will achieve in his career and the alternatives we could end up with.  

It's frustrating as fuck, I am not disregarding anyone seriously pissed off just now but its time to stick together imo.

17 minutes ago, Dunny_01 said:

He will change, whether its perceptible to the layman is another matter.

Think fraud is harsh and over-the-top but he's been found out now IMO.

His stock is still high IMO but he's not the right fit for us. I appreciate what he's trying to do but he's failing and won't change things.

The thing that does annoy me though is all the pish he talked about when signing players that he doesn't just look for footballing ability he does character profiles and see's how he thinks each signing will adapt to pressures and if he's the right fit etc ... are we stupid or something?

Fraud: wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

How is MW a fraud by that definition OP? Has he came to Rangers to do a Craig Whyte?  

By the way do you post such alarmist attention seenng topic titles on FF? Surprised they haven't banned you if you do. 

Why can't you make your points, none of which are original without slandering an innocent man?

Oh, and we beat Hibs 6-2 away from home, what alarm bells did that ring Stubbsy? 

10 minutes ago, smitzer007 said:

Mcinnes?!! FFS did you see Aberdeen yesterday?

McInnes has done very well with Aberdeen. Worked on a shoestring budget and bought a number of bargains, has an effective system that is tried and tested, gave Celtic as good a title challenge as they've got without us and guided Aberdeen to their first cup in 14 years and will most likely take them to the final this year. Not to mention he's young for a manager and one of us. I certainly wouldn't mind him to succeed MW when the time is right.

12 hours ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

The warning signs have all been there: Warburton not spending more than 5 minutes on the opposition, everyone at the club saying it's all about us, no plan B, do plan A better even though it's clear we'll get hammered by decent opposition that can defend and finish, Weir saying Warburton is more attacking than he'd like to be, the Brentford defender saying he was always left exposed. Kiernan being shite yet still playing. Celtic could have had 5 off us in the semifinal, but that was airbrushed from history after our win, they had like 22 shots or something! 

I posted the above in July (although posted similar a year ago on FF) and was roundly hounded as a Celtic fan. Here we are in September and his inability to get our team to defend, and his stubbornness not to mix up tactics, means he's an absolute fraud. It was fine gubbing part timers in the championship, but now we're playing professional opposition, Warburton hasn't got the answers, and I genuinely don't see how he's going to change. We've won 3 league games since the end of March. V Dumbarton, Dundee & Motherwell. All by a single goal.

Rossiter and Windass aside, the signings this summer have been abysmal. No-one can say it's because the board haven't backed him, he's spent more than anyone in the league outside Celtic yet we're seventh. 

Time for him to go, and I'd offer Aberdeen a blank cheque for McInnes.

Get yer self to fuck with shite like that. Who needs taigs  when we have "fans" like you.  get behind  the team  and shut the fuck up. 

4 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

The op clearly thinks a Rangers manager should concentrate on the opposition. Rangers never win so many titles because we worried about any side.  Wether you like it or not a lot of success was down to basically spending more money. 

Money wont just buy skill but will also by a mental toughness that is required against a hearts or killie that really want to win against you.

some of our squad just don't have it, you know stretching that extra inch to tap the ball in or never giving up a lost cause.

you can look back at what qualities your Steve Davis had or your Brian laudrups but without the will to win they had nothing.

all this sideways passing we see is a sign of a team with no will to win. Ofcourse they'll be disappointed but if they think passing it side to side is enough to beat any team in Scotland that have a point to prove then they may aswell leave now.  

Im sure I read that at Murray park there's a plaque that reads hard work will beat skill if skill doesn't work hard. It's about time they realised it

Lol spot on with the first part , sad to say but money does win titles up here. Celtics squad is around 20+million ours is less than Scott Sinclair ?

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Explain how he is a fraud then? What lies has he told? Where is the intent to deceive? This should be good...

I don't think he's a fraud but the op does. Clearly he means he came in with the intent of promise and improvement and hasn't delivered and has been exposed. An example, if I lied about being a medium and got one thing correct then proceed to never get anything correct ever again I would be a fraud.

OP completely lost the plot.

Sure we're all angry with the way things have gone this season, but Warburton is limited with the players he has available through king's short arms deep pockets nae money style.

Give it time, we may have to write this season off but he's been better than Ally was.