3 points off 2nd place

Bad Robot

5 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I hope your not saying Joey has a point ? I've never understood the position of DK and his 2nd place expectations.

Does he really believe that he will assess us this season then magically invest enough for us to win 55 the following season. I don't get that thinking or is he holding back also to assess if MW has the capabilities also or is it all just one protracted falsehood.

Not at all, Joey has been the biggest let down of them all this season.

All that noise he made with absolutely fuck all to back it up the wee poof.

We should never accept 2nd place publically, major error by DK to say that.

I think its's a combination of lack of ability and now a growing lack of confidence.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

Thistle home and ict away can get us 6 points.

After that it's Hampden and that is the day there can be no hiding and players need to step it up. Get through this tie and that would be massive for confidence which we take into the next two league games.

The way we are playing we are beatable by any team in this League.

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Simple question, does anyone actually feel confident that we can get 3 points off Thistle on Saturday. 

Yes, but only because Thistle so far this season have been worse than us.

No, because they will raise their game because it's at Ibrox and have been getting a point here and there.

Prediction -- 1--1 draw.

Last year we were told we'd struggle badly and wouldn't make the top six in the sphell. Well we went to the 2nd best teams home yesterday and outplayed them for most of the game, so much so that the sheep were lambasted at half time after we gave them the runaround.  The question is why didn't we turn our possession into goals ?. For me the answer was simple, Garner fluffed his lines big time. Why is he running around like a bull in a China shop when he should be staying calm till the ball drops for him. The cut back in the first half where he finds himself on the penalty spot with a shot at goal but misses it completely and ends up  tackling the CB was shocking and he should have done better with a header from tavs cross. Also he was lucky to be on the park after a petulant kick out while on the ground so it's time he stopped with the look how hard I'm trying shit and focussed on the football. Next up it's Waghorn who when put clean through in the first half contrived to allow the defender to come from behind him and steal the ball such was his desired to get onto his one and only foot and in slow motion, and his six yard miss on his LEFT foot in the second half was brutal. Yes we know it's a team game but scoring goals is the name of the game and takes the pressure of everyone, that's why strikers get the glory and the cash, not sure we've got a goalscorer at Ibrox at the moment unless you're talking about FAILED championship strikers. 

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Because although we're not scoring our performances have been good and at Ibrox I think we will start to get the goals which will lift us towards the ICT match.

But why? He won't change anything, so the best we can hope for is the goals will suddenly come. 

Why should they suddenly come? everyone of us knows exactly how thistle are going to play on Saturday, the same as all the rest. 

We will huff and puff and have 70% of possession without doing a thing with it, it's like a nightmare version of Groundhog Day. 

4 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Yes, but only because Thistle so far this season have been worse than us.

No, because they will raise their game because it's at Ibrox and have been getting a point here and there.

Prediction -- 1--1 draw.

If your correct then you should also have predicted our new manager for without the three points against thistle Warburton will be a dad man walking. 

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Potentially ten off 1st but the facts are we're only 3 points from 2nd place so everyone needs to calm the fck down.

Yes we're missing chances and yes we could do with better defenders but there's a long way to go.

If we start slipping into the realms of 8,9,10 points behind 2nd then yes we have a massive problem with major decisions to make but we're not near that yet.

We're all frustrated but we just need to bide our time and 3 wins out of 3 for the next few games can really give us some believe again.

We fight on.

When you put it like that mate then I agree.?

Last season.we zipped the ball around at pace and our front 3 interchanged..

Now Garner is static and he's always trying to fit Niko in or previously Barton.

I'd drop Garner and mckay and Tav. ..replace with windass moh and Hodson.

Ohalloran forester and waggy can interchange at the front with windass halliday and Holt in the middle ...young  quick and all able to play each others roles .

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Potentially ten off 1st but the facts are we're only 3 points from 2nd place so everyone needs to calm the fck down.

Yes we're missing chances and yes we could do with better defenders but there's a long way to go.

If we start slipping into the realms of 8,9,10 points behind 2nd then yes we have a massive problem with major decisions to make but we're not near that yet.

We're all frustrated but we just need to bide our time and 3 wins out of 3 for the next few games can really give us some believe again.

We fight on.

Have to agree because despite recent results I have seen signs of improvement . I'd be more worried if yesterday's result came with the sort of performance we saw in the first five games , when we were pretty clueless , and that includes a couple of wins . 

But the last three games we've started to look a bit more cohesive and just not got the rewards we deserved . Remember , the sheep finished second last year and are many pundits tip to do so again , was really a difference between the two teams yesterday in what has always been a difficult away fixture to Rangers ? I didn't think we deserved to lose .

While obviously wins and points on the table are what counts , let's not underestimate what the standard of performance does , and ours has improved . It's a starting point to building confidence and with that come the rewards . Saturday will be a test of character , I'm confident we'll pass it and start to build momentum . Might be a bit late for first , but still believe we're good enough for second .

24 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Simple question, does anyone actually feel confident that we can get 3 points off Thistle on Saturday. 

Nah because i expect them to do their homework and for us not to change anything about our play and pay for it again.

We're not playing well and we're suffering due to Warburtons stubbornness (arrogance?).

1 minute ago, TheBluebells said:

Nah because i expect them to do their homework and for us not to change anything about our play and pay for it again.

We're not playing well and we're suffering due to Warburtons stubbornness (arrogance?).

That's it in a nutshell. 

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

But why? He won't change anything, so the best we can hope for is the goals will suddenly come. 

Why should they suddenly come? everyone of us knows exactly how thistle are going to play on Saturday, the same as all the rest. 

We will huff and puff and have 70% of possession without doing a thing with it, it's like a nightmare version of Groundhog Day. 

I think the opposite where he will change the team back to a similar starting 11 as we had against QoS. 

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

I'm not to happy either and we seem to be currently on the wrong side of a thin margin.

Answer me this, if we had got the last minute winner yesterday, how would you have rated the game?

Would you have said were papering over the cracks or would you be saying overall it was a deserved victory ?

the game was flat and while we controlled for most of the game there's no serious bite to our game, we go through the motions without the energy we had at the start of last season.

Warburton needs to let go of the ethos that possession is key when we get to the box, we need to start letting players take chances instead of looking for a controlled pass to set up an easy goal.