3 points off 2nd place

Bad Robot

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The day we're content with finishing 2nd is the day we are finished.

Grow a pair.

Don't think anyone is content with it , looking at it realistically though it is the best we can achieve this season . We haven't even shown any sign of finding form yet and we are staring at a potential 10 point gap . 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Loyal&Royal said:

Not one of us will be content with 2nd, I'd bite your hand off for it right now though. Use this season to build then make a charge next season. 

We should have been making a charge this season not struggling against the dross that makes up this leauge.the lack of investment in the team is shocking and the managerial decisions are equally shocking,what makes you think that these major problems will be resolved for next season so we can finally make a charge?

3 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Potentially ten off 1st but the facts are we're only 3 points from 2nd place so everyone needs to calm the fck down.

Yes we're missing chances and yes we could do with better defenders but there's a long way to go.

If we start slipping into the realms of 8,9,10 points behind 2nd then yes we have a massive problem with major decisions to make but we're not near that yet.

We're all frustrated but we just need to bide our time and 3 wins out of 3 for the next few games can really give us some believe again.

We fight on.

While I completely agree with you,  you cannot legislate for panic merchants and shite spouting fuckwits that come on here and blow a gasket because their expectations are not met. Honestly you would think that it's the end of the fucking world with some people on here.  We have only played a handful of league games and lost twice. No one mentions that the Hamilton game were were down to 10 men when waggy went off injured.  And we were on the ascendency at that point. 

For a bit of perspective. I checked Hearts start to their first season back. 15 points from a possible 21.

Wins against St Johnstone, Dundee, Motherwell, Ross County and Partick Thistle, then losses to Hamilton and ICT.

Now with a bigger budget we should be at least replicating this kind of form. I think the manager should get time to turn it around, but the pressure is on big time for him.

5 minutes ago, jim beam said:

We should have been making a charge this season not struggling against the dross that makes up this leauge.the lack of investment in the team is shocking and the managerial decisions are equally shocking,what makes you think that these major problems will be resolved for next season so we can finally make a charge?

Major problems ? If you said to me we'd be 3 points off 2nd place at the end of September I'd have been fine with that. Flip it on it's head and say we've been nowhere near top form yet we're only 3 points off 2nd. We were never going to challenge this year, I didn't expect it and neither did the guys I go to the games with. Aberdeen and hearts are notoriously inconsistent, we find a bit of form then 2nd is well within our grasp. 

8 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

While I completely agree with you,  you cannot legislate for panic merchants and shite spouting fuckwits that come on here and blow a gasket because their expectations are not met. Honestly you would think that it's the end of the fucking world with some people on here.  We have only played a handful of league games and lost twice. No one mentions that the Hamilton game were were down to 10 men when waggy went off injured.  And we were on the ascendency at that point. 

Could also mention that in the Kilmarnock game they were down to ten men for half an hour of the game aswell if you wish , you couldn't even tell we had an extra man and changed nothing in our play or set up to take advantage of the extra man . I am all for being realistic but the team deserves the criticism for what has been an abysmal start to the season 

4 minutes ago, Loyal&Royal said:

Major problems ? If you said to me we'd be 3 points off 2nd place at the end of September I'd have been fine with that. Flip it on it's head and say we've been nowhere near top form yet we're only 3 points off 2nd. We were never going to challenge this year, I didn't expect it and neither did the guys I go to the games with. Aberdeen and hearts are notoriously inconsistent, we find a bit of form then 2nd is well within our grasp. 

I was certainly looking for a challenge.

8 minutes ago, Loyal&Royal said:

Nine points from twenty-one this season and have a Goal Difference of Minus three, Scoring Eight goals. Only two teams have scored less than us this season.

who would be fine with that.

1 minute ago, Loyal&Royal said:

If but maybe,we are sitting seventh right now and have played some of the easier teams and came up short that is not good enough.and I can not see any signs that we will all of a sudden start playing and scoring and defending in games.

As of right now I have no faith that we will not ship goals and lose more points although we will have the most possession as if that alone will get us three points.As for not winning the league this year then yes I didn't really think we would but I did fully expect to push the scum all the way rather than the reality of them strolling to another championship as if we aren't even in the same league as them.

12 minutes ago, Loyal&Royal said:

You'd seriously have been happy with that despite the kind fixture list we had to start with? I'd say the general feeling was we had a great chance to get maximum points in the games outwith parkhead and pittodrie, instead we've ended up with only two wins 

It's very well saying with hindsight 'we were never going to challenge' but the management and players all built up the possibility of a challenge and season tickets were sold using the 'going for 55' line, not to mention our transfer dealings were meant to give us that bit extra needed. Not that a challenge was ever going to be easy I'm sure everyone realised that but surely we could have expected better then it being over by the end of September? 

1 hour ago, Gaffbear said:

Last season.we zipped the ball around at pace and our front 3 interchanged..

Now Garner is static and he's always trying to fit Niko in or previously Barton.

I'd drop Garner and mckay and Tav. ..replace with windass moh and Hodson.

Ohalloran forester and waggy can interchange at the front with windass halliday and Holt in the middle ...young  quick and all able to play each others roles .

Was happy to sign MOH as an option but he's produced minus nothing in every cameo role he's played in the league so far.He'll never get the run in the team he requires and so far hasn't merited it. Yesterday for example he was invisible though I'm sure he did come on at some point. 

6 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Was happy to sign MOH as an option but he's produced minus nothing in every cameo role he's played in the league so far.He'll never get the run in the team he requires and so far hasn't merited it. Yesterday for example he was invisible though I'm sure he did come on at some point. 

No point in targeting any individual players and as for MOH, there is far worse than him and he has been treated abysmally. How many has he played in our abysmal performances? That's right, not many, so how you can single him out beggars belief.

The problem is one of management, end of!

4 hours ago, Moobs said:

Mate I hope your right and I would loved to be proved wrong but I can't see us turning it round. Constant poor team selections and tactics, bad substitutions and the biggest problem is that defensively we are fuckin rank and it ain't going to get better. We live in hope though that I'm talking one load of shite :wink:

I know what your saying but we will turn the corner or MW will be getting his jotters but it's 7 league games in.

4 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Potentially ten off 1st but the facts are we're only 3 points from 2nd place so everyone needs to calm the fck down.

Yes we're missing chances and yes we could do with better defenders but there's a long way to go.

If we start slipping into the realms of 8,9,10 points behind 2nd then yes we have a massive problem with major decisions to make but we're not near that yet.

We're all frustrated but we just need to bide our time and 3 wins out of 3 for the next few games can really give us some believe again.

We fight on.

The problem is, for us to NOT go into 8,9,10 point gap, were going to have to go on a mad winning streak. Were in september and so far behind already .

8 minutes ago, gersandy said:

The problem is, for us to NOT go into 8,9,10 point gap, were going to have to go on a mad winning streak. Were in september and so far behind already .

We're so far behind the scum but only one match away from 2nd place not taking into consideration our poor goal difference 

It's very early in the season and it seems to me that this thread comes down to whether you are optimistic about us really challenging for 2nd place as things stand and believe in the players and management or pessimistic in that without real change we are pretty much fucked this season.

I'm more on the positive side, it is only three points off second, and I think we'll be happy enough at the start of the new year. Hopefully some cash will be available to strengthen the team at that time

13 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Which probably shows you it's far too early to have some of the reactions the usual suspects on here are displaying...

The reactions are understandable though.

Nothing wrong with high standards. But I agree, this season has to be put into perspective: not one opposition side has been impressive, not one.

We're not firing on all cylinders, yes, of that there is no question. But it will come.

21 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Which probably shows you it's far too early to have some of the reactions the usual suspects on here are displaying...

Being 7th after this many games would lead anyone to question the manager/team/board/tea lady.

If we are still less than 5th by the end of October, I doubt we will still have the same manager.

57 minutes ago, NamibianBear said:

Being 7th after this many games would lead anyone to question the manager/team/board/tea lady.

If we are still less than 5th by the end of October, I doubt we will still have the same manager.

What if we're 5th but still 3 behind 2nd?