3 points off 2nd place

Bad Robot

I think we also need to remember we've still to play the scum at Ibrox and we really need to win that which will essentially negate their game in hand.

That leaves us potentially 7 points behind which is achievable especially if we find our form and they drop points after more champions league humiliations which I already said would happen prior to then playing Barcelona 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Gooseman said:

While I completely agree with you,  you cannot legislate for panic merchants and shite spouting fuckwits that come on here and blow a gasket because their expectations are not met. Honestly you would think that it's the end of the fucking world with some people on here.  We have only played a handful of league games and lost twice. No one mentions that the Hamilton game were were down to 10 men when waggy went off injured.  And we were on the ascendency at that point. 

Panic merchants and shite spouting fuckwits???

Do you have eyeballs ya fuckin cretin? You telling me everything is hunky dory? We have fucked up royally in the opening weeks of this season and you seem to think that after 7 games there is no need to panic, we are 2 games away from being a quarter......thats right a quarter of the season gone and we technically could be 10 points off the top if they arseholes win their game in hand. Its time for some harsh words at ibrox and if cunts dont want to get their act together (management and players) its time to get them hunted. We bought poorly in the close season (rossiter aside) and this team it pains me to say looks like it will struggle to put results together. Come december we are back into fixtures like hearts and the tarriers within a few weeks of each other, so come on smart cunt, whens it time to 'panic' ????  We are a bottom 6 team in terms of form and attitude of personnel.  

Time for a reality check before we end up making a complete cunt of the season and sickening ourselves with this carry on.  If the team carried the passion and fight of the supporters we wouldnt be in the state we are in

8 hours ago, plumbGER said:

I'm trying to remain positive, and i respect your optimism, but i am fast losing faith in this group of players/management.

I didn't think we deserved to lose yesterday, but if i am being honest i don't think we did enough to win either (St.Johnstone probably created as many goalscoring chances vs the sheep as we did with much less of the ball).

1st goal we conceded was criminal and the second goal could have been prevented had we played to the whistle instead of claiming a handball the ref was never giving.

Granted it wasn't a free kick as Tav wins the ball but these are the fine margins that are punishing us.

Just not good enough.

Two weekends in October we don't have a league game so good month to choose ;-)

Warburton understands numbers.  It was essential in his former career in financial trading.   I'm sure the gap to 2nd place looks ok to him as a gap that can be closed.  Fair enough.  Its early in the season and there's a long way to go before the business end of the run in period arrives.

If he takes comfort in that then I'm pleased for him.   If King and the Board take comfort from that then good for them too.   Their optimism would be commended.

But a snapshot of points gap is a very narrow measure.   Warburton will most probably be well used to looking at trends in financial numbers and analysing accordingly.   The trend in terms of games lost or not won and of points not obtained when they should have been obtained......now that's the more telling story.   The trend in league games is firmly negative and not at all promising.   Worse if you look at results back to last April when the form slump started and has continued with the sole exception of the OF cup semi.

If Warburton was in his financial trader job and delivering a persistently underperforming trend in terms of his results I guess he might be on the receiving end of some very serious messages from his bosses. Losing money is one thing.  Losing football games and losing points at Rangers is a whole heap more important.   

If the trend is not reversed and turned into positives of sustained runs of winning games then P45 inevitably beckons.  Because at Rangers - even this season having won promotion - a continuance of that trend is failure.  No maybes about it.   

He said that performance (results) needed to be turned round quickly after the OF shambles (and it was a shambles).   But he is not delivering a turn round.   He may be able to analyse it and to dish out the excuses but so far he is not delivering this season.   As the trend continues the next game then takes on even more importance and adds even more pressure. 

9 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Is this what Rangers fans expectations are? 2nd place:lol:

The problem isn't cellic are better than us its were not better than the other 9 teams who all take points off each other.

Can't believe that, not one of us should care about 2nd place.

That's what its all about this season looking for someone to blame look at our board. This squad ain't good enough to win the league. We are comfortably 2nd best and that'll be proven come May.

10 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Potentially ten off 1st but the facts are we're only 3 points from 2nd place so everyone needs to calm the fck down.

Yes we're missing chances and yes we could do with better defenders but there's a long way to go.

If we start slipping into the realms of 8,9,10 points behind 2nd then yes we have a massive problem with major decisions to make but we're not near that yet.

We're all frustrated but we just need to bide our time and 3 wins out of 3 for the next few games can really give us some believe again.

We fight on.

Lies, damn lies and statistics! :D But you're overall point is a good one. I'm not giving up hope yet on first, tbh, but it is looking highly unlikely now, sadly. But second place is definitely achievable. All the games I've seen us so far, we have dropped points due to a combination of poor finishing and sloppy defending, not because other teams are playing us off the park with their barcelona-esque type football!

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

I think we also need to remember we've still to play the scum at Ibrox and we really need to win that which will essentially negate their game in hand.

That leaves us potentially 7 points behind which is achievable especially if we find our form and they drop points after more champions league humiliations which I already said would happen prior to then playing Barcelona 

:lol: you are truly deluded

36 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Panic merchants and shite spouting fuckwits???

Do you have eyeballs ya fuckin cretin? You telling me everything is hunky dory? We have fucked up royally in the opening weeks of this season and you seem to think that after 7 games there is no need to panic, we are 2 games away from being a quarter......thats right a quarter of the season gone and we technically could be 10 points off the top if they arseholes win their game in hand. Its time for some harsh words at ibrox and if cunts dont want to get their act together (management and players) its time to get them hunted. We bought poorly in the close season (rossiter aside) and this team it pains me to say looks like it will struggle to put results together. Come december we are back into fixtures like hearts and the tarriers within a few weeks of each other, so come on smart cunt, whens it time to 'panic' ????  We are a bottom 6 team in terms of form and attitude of personnel.  

Time for a reality check before we end up making a complete cunt of the season and sickening ourselves with this carry on.  If the team carried the passion and fight of the supporters we wouldnt be in the state we are in

Of course I have eyes I'm not blind to the frailties in our side, I just would rather the focus was on the improvements that have been made since the celtic game, and before you start there has been improved performances at the back and our passing has become sharper.  I think that if we get the right balance upfront the the chances will be converted and the draws will become wins.  All this negative talk about the league being over and MW being a fraud  etc needs to stop.  Our expectations will always be high,  perhaps impossibly so,  but when we have only just started the season perhaps it would be a good idea to get behind the team instead of slating them every single day. 

6 minutes ago, BluesClues said:

Mind hearts were going to implode around Christmas?

While we were lurching from one awful performance to the next, a bit like this season.

2014: "We'll turn the corner any minute now; Hearts will collapse any minute now."

2015: "Now let's not be too hasty - it's not mathematically over; Hearts will collapse any minute now."

McCoist era mentality is starting to creep back into the support; the lame excuses and low expectations are returning.

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

So that's if we beat them at home. And if we find form. And if they drop points after CL games. 

Cool. 

Cos that's all going to happen, and we don't continue to drop more points than them along the way.

11 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Only 2 teams in British football history have won their top division the season after being promoted from the 2nd tier. Ipswich Town in 1962 under Bobby Robson (came up as champions) and Nottingham Forest in 1978 under Brian Clough (came up after finishing 3rd in division 2). For Warburton to do it in 2017 was always going to be a huge ask. As history shows, it just doesn't happen.

Alf Ramsey was Ipswich Manager in '62. Bobby Robson won the UEFA Cup with them in 1981.

Pendant Loyal.

What the fuck is this thread all about?

I guess what you're saying is, hey we're shite, but guess what everyone else is shite so don't worry it wont take much to get above the shite?

Fact is, we should not be using other pish teams as a standard and  you are by saying we are only 3 points from second place.

This is exactly the thinking of diddy teams, and frankly is NOT the thinking that is behind what makes our club so great and successful.

Take a long hard look at yourself.

15 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

European position is a must this season, titles done as far as I am concerned  . Also want to see us win one of the cups . Realism is hitting in for me this season 

I think having to play in The Europa League would be an unwelcome distraction for us next season.