We played well ...Aberdeen are shite but

K.A.I

It still wasn't good enough.

OK a horrendous ref decision to give that free-kick cost us a point but a bad decision from the ref is the furthest thing on my mind tbh.

I don't even know if I'm saying anything that's not been said already, I've just logged on but Warburton is on seriously thin ice as far as I'm concerned. He still slugs on with this formation of his which clearly doesn't work at this level.

4-3-3 when we are attacking with these players is basically 4 wingers with 1 (sometimes not even 1) in the box isolated. It doesn't work. It's laboured and easy to defend against.

McKay is an absolute waste of space who's been well and truely found out at this level.

For all Krancjer get's slated there was 3 times yesterday when he came on where he pinged absolute perfect passes, first time, with urgency to Tav and Halliday but they couldn't even control a ball or pass it 10 yards onwards.

The goal right at the start of the second half - how many times do we need to go through the same thing and make the same mistakes? 2 clueless idiots jumping for the same ball and the 3rd defender (maybe Tav?) stood in no mans land as the ball breaks. Do we honestly do any defensive work at Auchenhowie? serious question.

Even McCoist in his first season in the top flight at Ibrox was able to sort a better defence than this - and that's saying something.

I said after the Celtic defeat a couple of weeks ago a mark of the man (Warburton) is how he handles that defeat and was essential we went on a winning run - we haven't.

For all I shout about King and his lack of investment - I'm thinking now what's the point? we have good players here already that should be doing better but the tactics are absolutely morbid.

We are honestly in real danger of a mid-table finish. This is not good enough

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

OK a horrendous ref decision to give that free-kick cost us a point but a bad decision from the ref is the furthest thing on my mind tbh.

I don't even know if I'm saying anything that's not been said already, I've just logged on but Warburton is on seriously thin ice as far as I'm concerned. He still slugs on with this formation of his which clearly doesn't work at this level.

4-3-3 when we are attacking with these players is basically 4 wingers with 1 (sometimes not even 1) in the box isolated. It doesn't work. It's laboured and easy to defend against.

McKay is an absolute waste of space who's been well and truely found out at this level.

For all Krancjer get's slated there was 3 times yesterday when he came on where he pinged absolute perfect passes, first time, with urgency to Tav and Halliday but they couldn't even control a ball or pass it 10 yards onwards.

The goal right at the start of the second half - how many times do we need to go through the same thing and make the same mistakes? 2 clueless idiots jumping for the same ball and the 3rd defender (maybe Tav?) stood in no mans land as the ball breaks. Do we honestly do any defensive work at Auchenhowie? serious question.

Even McCoist in his first season in the top flight at Ibrox was able to sort a better defence than this - and that's saying something.

I said after the Celtic defeat a couple of weeks ago a mark of the man (Warburton) is how he handles that defeat and was essential we went on a winning run - we haven't.

For all I shout about King and his lack of investment - I'm thinking now what's the point? we have good players here already that should be doing better but the tactics are absolutely morbid.

Spot on , 3 or 4 times after their first goal the defence was caught out with same type of ball . It's utter stupidity and naivety to think we can come up to this league and put up a half decent challenge with such a shocking defence . 

Our set pieces are stinking aswell , find it hard to get excited when we win a corner whilst when we concede one up the other end you feel as if we have just given away a penalty 

Without being brilliant we controlled the 1st half but we are found wanting in front of goal this season, agreed on their opening goal, it's fucking disgraceful that we can't defend a punt from the goalie.

Even after they had their best spell we came back and looked the better team, yes the sheep are shite and to lose to them was largely of our own making, I said in a thread the other nigh its pointless playing garner in a from 3 with McKay and waghorn as their is no supply to him but even when moh came on I couldn't fathom out where he was meant to be playing?

Things are poor just now but the time to reassess is at the end off the season unless things get worse instead of improving.

Quite simply, if we continue to concede goals like the 1st yesterday, which we have since Warburton arrived, we wont win many football matches.

What is most frustrating is that the defence actually had a good game but one moment of madness and it's all undone.

I absolutely agree re the system, having 2 attacking full backs leaves having wingers absolutely pointless. They need to be much more narrow for it too work.

It's difficult though because we did play so well but once again have nothing to show for it.

Another concern I have is that in Warburton's time he has had 6 'difficult' away matches. Hibs x2, Falkirk x2, celtic & Aberdeen. His record is 6 defeats.

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Another concern I have is that in Warburton's time he has had 6 'difficult' away matches. Hibs x2, Falkirk x2, celtic & Aberdeen. His record is 6 defeats.

Aye but we beat them in the semis....

Aye but look where we were a couple of years ago...

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah kai you're correct most of that's already been said but I'll ask a question,  Do you think we have a goalscorer at Ibrox ?  The Garner signing is looking like Warburton's biggest mistake and without a goalscorer we're fuc*ed. Waghorn will get goals as will Miller but not in great numbers in the top league  and though our defence is literally  wide open for criticism I think our lack of goals is our biggest issue.

1 minute ago, ianferguson said:

Yeah kai you're correct most of that's already been said but I'll ask a question,  Do you think we have a goalscorer at Ibrox ?  The Garner signing is looking like Warburton's biggest mistake and without a goalscorer we're fuc*ed. Waghorn will get goals as will Miller but not in great numbers in the top league  and though our defence is literally  wide open for criticism I think our lack of goals is our biggest issue.

Yeah I think we've got players with goals in them but not in the formation he uses. I've said for ages now 3-interchangable forwards is no good to us.

Regarding Garner I couldn't get my head around spending that money on him and he's not really done anything to make me change my mind either. He wasn't a priority. Another Warburton mistake in my eyes (based on what I've seen so far)

Groundhog day. Each game.Same pattern. Good possesion, teams allow us as much as we want, then a long ball through our defence and goal lost. Route 1. Fucking works you know! I reckon Waggy would nick many like this if played up front middle

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

It's in reply to the McCoist comment which was a dig with no merit.

How was it a dig with no merit? it was a compliment if anything and relevant. I never really rated Goian or Papac tbh but the point I was making we had a defensive unit there - which we don't have now.

We needed two centre halfs to improve our team. It didn't happen.

we needed a proper CDM. We still have Halliday playing there.

We needed a proper goalscorer. It didn't happen.

Mckay has been piss poor and Warburton continually plays players out of position at right wing.

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

It's in reply to the McCoist comment which was a dig with no merit.

We all know what a state our defence was going into the summer . Why warburton never made that his priority is a mystery , instead he decided to pack our squad full off midfielders when in reality a few sensible additions to that area was all that was required and I think we got that with windass and rossiter as the midfield was not a major cause for panic last season , it's has become one this season right enough 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Warburton deserves criticism for our defensive issues, however bringing up the point about McCoist to dig at Warburton is without merit. You may not have rated them, even-though Papac was excellent for us, but it's still on a completely different level to the gash we have currently. 

You look at the 16 players with the most games for us in that season, it's on a far superior level to what we have now. That squad had quality in midfield and attack which helped defensively as well. 

Rest of the post was correct, but IMO that sentence was a dig that wasn't needed at all and without substance.

Did you not read what I said? I explained clearly why it's relevant and gave you the substance. It's a valid point.

20 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

We all know what a state our defence was going into the summer . Why warburton never made that his priority is a mystery , instead he decided to pack our squad full off midfielders when in reality a few sensible additions to that area was all that was required and I think we got that with windass and rossiter as the midfield was not a major cause for panic last season , it's has become one this season right enough 

Rossiter Windass and Crooks would've been more than enough. There was no need for Barton or Krancjar. 

Just because we look good doesn't mean we are good.

I heard one of the sheep players say,  we identified their strengths and weaknesses , our strength? We can dominate mid field, our weaknesses ? We can't score enough or defend.

The bosses style of play relies on us scoring more than we concede, it ain't working.

33 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We needed two centre halfs to improve our team. It didn't happen.

we needed a proper CDM. We still have Halliday playing there.

We needed a proper goalscorer. It didn't happen.

Mckay has been piss poor and Warburton continually plays players out of position at right wing.

Agree with the rest but I think it's unfair to criticise Warburton for that because he did address it in the Summer.

One player who plays that position is injured, one is coming back for a fairly long term injury and lacks fitness and one is suspended.

We made enough chances to win the game comfortably, FFS Garner couldn't connect with a cut back from 12 yards, Holt can't take a golden opportunity from 14 yards, Waghorn couldn't knock the ball in from 2 yards.

Thought Halliday was immense. Mistakes for me were the substitutions I though Nico was a mistake and I'd have took Garner off and put Waghorn through the middle when MOH came on. 

For almost the first time this season I thought we played really well, decent balance between retaining possession and making chances.

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

We made enough chances to win the game comfortably, FFS Garner couldn't connect with a cut back from 12 yards, Holt can't take a golden opportunity from 14 yards, Waghorn couldn't knock the ball in from 2 yards.

Thought Halliday was immense. Mistakes for me were the substitutions I though Nico was a mistake and I'd have took Garner off and put Waghorn through the middle when MOH came on. 

For almost the first time this season I thought we played really well, decent balance between retaining possession and making chances.

That's what I mean ... we did all that, but it still wasn't enough. It never is enough somehow.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's what I mean ... we did all that, but it still wasn't enough. It never is enough somehow.

I know it was a really hard one to take, but it's a massive step forward in performance compared to how we've been playing. You're correct not there yet and not good enough. 

IMO that's down to the players too, they need to be more clinical. You get away with missing those sorts of chances against lower league opposition.