The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium Welcomes City Fans on Wednesday

Louden_Greg

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

OK it's not Rangers related and not a pub I drink in but cut the guy a break it's a bluenose business and a Rangers pub.

I'm not a Man City fan by any means but whoever the fenians play I am a fan of that team for that day. Always.

I might even head out tomorrow for a few refreshments and see who I see and enjoy the game in good company somewhere :D

That's me staying in now :D 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Dickie said:

Maybe put it on a Man City forum,fuck all to do with bears and all to do with profit. It's not even as if there is even the remotest link between 2 clubs

Its a rangers pub that most of us drink in before games, the more busy nights they get the better as it keeps them going and keeps them open??

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I'll be in the Louden on Saturday..

Hope the Mancs dont smash it up ;)

How dare you go to a rangers pub that the club dont make any money from! Hope you havent bought any scarfs from any unlicensed venders out side or any gear off anyone who wasnt davie weir 

3 minutes ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

How dare you go to a rangers pub that the club dont make any money from! Hope you havent bought any scarfs from any unlicensed venders out side or any gear off anyone who wasnt davie weir 

I'll be in the Bristol after the game as well...

:pipe:

1 minute ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

Fuck buying an official scarf anyway .. be lucky if they put a union flag on it. The wee vendors serve a fine purpose.

The only unlicensed/un-official stuff I have a problem with anyone selling is the fake Rangers kits/Lionbrand stuff.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Fuck buying an official scarf anyway .. be lucky if they put a union flag on it. The wee vendors serve a fine purpose.

The only unlicensed/un-official stuff I have a problem with anyone selling is the fake Rangers kits/Lionbrand stuff.

Your spot on mate, I was only joking about some of the mental comments in here.

Posted this on Blue Moon Forum.   Went to the Liverpool v City League Cup final.  On the train back one City fan started singing Penny Arcade.   Over the next hour the whole coach (mixed support) was going through the whole Rangers song sheet so expect a lot of respect from City fans that turn up.

Greg and I disagree a ton, the same with his father and I when he was on here.

They own a Rangers pub though, so I see no problems with a thread being made occasionally, promoting something like this.

If anyone else opens up a Rangers themed business, I am sure we would be happy to accomodate you and you could make threads on hee about it too.

3 hours ago, gogzy said:

Greg and I disagree a ton, the same with his father and I when he was on here.

They own a Rangers pub though, so I see no problems with a thread being made occasionally, promoting something like this.

If anyone else opens up a Rangers themed business, I am sure we would be happy to accomodate you and you could make threads on hee about it too.

I do shark fishing trips for Rangers supporters out here.  Does that count?

I noticed on the 'official' site that Ibrox is putting on extra tours today, due to demand I'd imagine, so as petty profit making as this seems, I'd say that the whole neglected area around Ibrox can benefit in some small way.

Not as much as if the shitey council were to invest in the area, but better than nothing.

As long as the council is run by the bead janglers, there will be little interest in investing on our part of the city.

On 27/09/2016 at 9:20 AM, Sam English Loyal said:

Although it is well covered up by the media, there's a few English clubs that have Loyalist DNA. On Merseyside Everton were always considered a Catholic club, Liverpool a Protestant club. Same in Manchester with United and City. Man. Utd used to boast that they didn't need a scouting network because they had the RC church scouting for them. Although the only English clubs to retain even a wee bit of their Loyalist credentials are probably Portsmouth, Millwall, Lincoln City and maybe Chelsea. 

Great idea for the Loudern to welcome the City fans. Maybe rekindle some patriotism amongst their support! We should lend them a few flags to take along to the Big Jock Knew Camp :pipe:

How many times does it need to be said that St. Domingos was a Methodist Church. Everton have never been a Catholic club!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Everton_F.C.

Apart from Spurs there is no real faith based identity with English clubs and its never been that strong (although I know where the Man United thing comes from but thats post 1945). 

George Best and Norman Whiteside were definitely not scouted via the Catholic Church.:D