The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium Welcomes City Fans on Wednesday

Louden_Greg

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

How many times does it need to be said that St. Domingos was a Methodist Church. Everton have never been a Catholic club!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Everton_F.C.

Apart from Spurs there is no real faith based identity with English clubs and its never been that strong (although I know where the Man United thing comes from but thats post 1945). 

George Best and Norman Whiteside were definitely not scouted via the Catholic Church.:D

So Everton fans didn't used to sing disparaging songs about Rangers? 

"Oh we hate Bill Shankly and we hate St John, but most of all we hate Big Ron, And we'll hang the Kopites one by one on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey, To Hell with Liverpool and Rangers too, throw them all in the Mersey, And we'll fight fight fight with all our might for the boys in the Royal Blue Jersey"

As for Manchester United, I didn't say all their players were scouted by the RC church. 

On 27/09/2016 at 2:49 PM, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Do Lionbrand free advertise on here? Or the guys with stalls outside Ibrox? Or the burger van traders? Maybe CH could promote his football academy. 

My view is unless it's a charitable cause or some profits go to the club then regular posting on here to help a private business is wrong.

That's all.

The guy is a regular contributor to this site. He's not just signed up to promote his pub. So I think his post is fair enough.

went Amsterdam a few years ago for a mate of mines stag weekend and most of us were bears.we met another group of stags from Manchester all city fans they had a similar looking flag as the one above and it's fair to say we had a fair old sash bash that Saturday afternoon. and I for one think it's a great idea to have something on in the louden as it lets the city fans enjoy a safe and friendly environment before heading over to that republican cesspit and if it adds to the coffers  of a good rangers pub then all the better.

Just got offered tickets there for city end :lol:

Couldn't do it though.  Can't stand the site of they stinking republican mutant fucks when we have to go their never mind being there to support a team I don't really have any sort of affinity with.

Good to see a strong loyalist city backing tho