O'Halloran

Gaz52

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

MOH is one of the ones that could make a real difference for us if he was playing.  We need proper wingers in those wide areas and MOH is perhaps the only one we have.  MOH can be much more effective from a wide right position than Miller or Waghorn. 

A wide man needs to hit the bye line and cross (the ball, for clarity). Ours don't. 

Or they cut in for full backs to overlap. Ours don't. 

Add this to us having a CF waiting for crosses that don't come. And defenders unable to defend.

Ridiculous.

And to think last year we generally thought a decent holding midfielder was the secret (and new CHs obviously) since which time everything else has gone to shit.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jmcdonald1990 said:

Give him some game time.  Think he'll do all right. 

Aye farm him out to some bead rattling mob like Hibs and he'll be on fire within 90 minutes.

Agree with the OP, a waste of a light blue jersey and we play a man short when he is on the park.

33 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

A wide man needs to hit the bye line and cross (the ball, for clarity). Ours don't. 

Or they cut in for full backs to overlap. Ours don't. 

Add this to us having a CF waiting for crosses that don't come. And defenders unable to defend.

Ridiculous.

And to think last year we generally thought a decent holding midfielder was the secret (and new CHs obviously) since which time everything else has gone to shit.

Tbf to MOH he is the only winger we have who does do that, He always looks to hit the byline and whip a ball in. Mckay, miller, Waghorn and Forrester never do that. You will never see MOH cross the ball in though!

Warburton must have seen O'Halloran's strengths and weaknesses yet he still signed him for what was a lot of money in our present circumstances, and since signing hasn't thought he is worth an extended run.

O'Halloran obviously knew what Rangers are all about, yet he still signed, but to look at him on the pitch in our colours you get the impression he would rather be anywhere else.

I agree he hasnt made an impression apart from his first game against St Mirren at Ibrox I think it was were he looked like fucking Laudrup. I feel he would be better used in a similar role that we used to play lovenkrands in europe ,up front with pace to burn to run at defenders through the middle that way he only has one objective shoot at goal.

it doesn't help with this overly pointless at times possession style of play. He was the best player on park when we played St.Johnstone last season. Also some of the comments on here are ridiculous fawning over "Rangers Men" when in fact their more likely to fuck the club over. (McCoist, naismith lafferty) the whole teams playing shite but o'halloran is a easy target "cuz heez pure a taig"

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Some of Warburton signings would do better under a manager who could get the best out of them.

I think this might be first time I've ever agreed with you.  We have signed players who don't fit out system. And we never change our system so it's not clear to me what the plan for them was. 

38 minutes ago, frazer89 said:

it doesn't help with this overly pointless at times possession style of play. He was the best player on park when we played St.Johnstone last season. Also some of the comments on here are ridiculous fawning over "Rangers Men" when in fact their more likely to fuck the club over. (McCoist, naismith lafferty) the whole teams playing shite but o'halloran is a easy target "cuz heez pure a taig"

Careful you don't choke on your beads, ya rabid cunt.

Taig alert! Taig alert!

He does actually try to get forward.Doesnt come off all the time but at least he is willing to try.Everyone on here moans like fuck about how pedestrian we are and here is a player that will try again and again to hit the byline or take players on and they moan like fuck about that as well.

I actually think he does deserve a chance and if I had to sit and watch some of the players continually being picked on name not performance ahead of me I wouldn't be all smiles either.

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Nah just took pride and joy in playing and scoring for them. Some difference.

I personally don't give a shit about anyone's background or previous if they play for and improve my team.

Love Rangers more than hate others and all that. But for some he just won't be accepted for reasons other than he's not the right fit for us in a playing sense. And that's shit.

Edit.

And Miller was hardly a born and bred bear was he?

Agree with what you say. I think whoever pulls on our jersey should be treated with respect regardless of where they came from. 

An interview with Miller was played at half time last season and he actually said Rangers were his boyhood heroes. Also in fairness to him he never says anything nice about his time with the scum. 

MOH sums up our ambition currently . He's a bang average player signed for an average transfer and average contract. Frankly, and on a side note,  I don't think he's comfortable wearing our jersey. I think he would love to be anywhere else 

5 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Barrie McKay's hardly setting the world alight

And it was our manager who chased O'Halloran for weeks and paid half a million so its his responsibility

You'd think with McKay and MOH on each wing the crosses would be something special/

6 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

It annoys me that if he gets the ball facing our own goal he needs about 3 touches and 10 yards of space to get turned and going the right way

92 min on Sunday and he got the ball and took 4 fuc*ing touches then played it back to McKay when one would have done.

Folk blaming his football talents on which team he liked as a boy, get real lads, if he does the job ( which I think he can do, with a run in the team), who bothers? Were we like this about Neil McCann? Deffo a player in there, just needed his confidence back and matches

1 hour ago, murzo said:

Better suited to running on to balls than having it played to feet so as to utilise his speed, Kranjcar can play a pass into space and let him run but it's not how we play.

He thrives on space in behind, if we didn't pass left and right all day, the opposition wouldn't have time to set up defensively, which is where we would see his qualities

Agree with most that he doesn't suit our style which make his signing strange, he can be a good player if he has space in front of him which is very rarely because teams play 10 men behind the ball against us. I also agree a run of games in place of McKay could be good for him. The amount of times I've seen O'Halloran just run the ball out of play is unbelievable his control isn't the greatest but he is and can be a good out and out winger....if we played that way, which we don't. I don't believe he's unhappy because he doesn't get a run of games, he just doesn't seem interested, people are talking about ex players that supported that lot and still played for us? Those that did play for us celebrated and were happy when they scored or assisted and were singing when we won something. O'Halloran has never showed any emotion at all and for me show's that his heart isn't in it even tho he tries with his limited ability.

I think that the manager should start him against Partick Thistle. Just before he's ready to take to the field, he should whisper in his ear "When you go out there, try to imagine that you're playing against Rangers, rather than for Rangers!" His performance level will jump massively, he might get a goal or two, or have one or two assists. However, if he's got a really good imagination, (don't they all? They keep imagining that they're better than us, LOL) he'll probably have 2 goals, & 2 assists, to his name.

It's just a theory... 

Fuck sake this is so cringeworthy you sound like children!! In the real world it is possible to play for the rivals of your supported team. That's why they're players and well we're just fans with petty opinions that are more often than not laughable.

im not his biggest fan by any means but better footballers have come to Rangers and crumbled, this guy just plain and simply can't fit into this team in this style of possession based football.  St Johnstone are a counter attacking team where he would've looked good at exploiting space. Just look at the game last year in league cup at ibrox. They hit us 3 times on the counter and he benefitted enormously but he's just a pure tarrier and hates playing for the Rangers so he does. 

Never mind that the guy probably doesn't like the system we play he just looks unhappy because it's blue he's wearing.  Rangers fans be so fucking poisonous and it's about you reigned it in