Fat Greedy **** Sam Leaves England Post.

AlCapone

Big Sam ??? Caught on camera saying how to beat FA rules 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/26/exclusive-how-sam-allardyce-tried-to-make-as-much-money-as-possi/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/26/exclusive-sam-allardyce-mocked-predecessor-roy-hodgson---and-hit/

He had not yet taken charge of his first international match, or even his first training session, but already another pressing matter was on Sam Allardyce’s agenda: how to make as much money as possible from his new status as England manager.

The job comes with a salary of £3 million per year, plus bonuses, but as Allardyce sat down to a meeting in a May Fair hotel he was eager to explore ways of earning even more.

On the table was an offer for Allardyce to fly to Singapore and Hong Kong four times a year to address investors in a Far East firm that wanted to buy football players. Allardyce, 61, was unperturbed by the fact that the firm – in reality a fictitious company whose representatives were undercover Telegraph reporters – was proposing third party ownership of players, in contravention of Football Association and Fifa rules.

During the meeting he remarked that Sir Alex Ferguson gets “four hundred, five hundred grand a pop” for speaking engagements, while Robbie Williams got “£1.6 million for a wedding. Just singing”.

Less than 20 minutes into the meeting with total strangers, Allardyce had agreed, in principle, to a £400,000-a-year deal to represent a company he had never heard of. The England manager insisted he would deliver “value for money” in helping to attract investors, boasting of his popularity in the Orient. 

“It’s not only the England manager,” he said, “it’s the beauty of being a Premier League manager all them years like me… I have more pictures taken over there than I have here.” In return, he wanted £100,000 for each trip to the Far East, a figure that went up to £150,000 after an intervention by his agent, Mark Curtis. Naturally, first-class flights and accommodation would also be provided.

The meeting at the May Fair Hotel on August 19 – less than a month after Allardyce was hired as England manager – was arranged by football agent Scott McGarvey, a friend of Allardyce since the days when both were footballers. He, too, thought he was going to be employed by the fictitious Far East firm.

Also present was Allardyce’s financial adviser, Shane Moloney, from the chartered accountancy firm Shipleys. Mr Moloney told the undercover reporters: “The way I see it working is this: what you want to do, is to have Sam as the attraction, that brings investors into the fold. So he could talk about football for 15 minutes.”

Allardyce agreed: “Keynote speaking, that’s what I’d be doing, keynote speaking. I’m a keynote speaker.”

Mr Curtis explained that the role would only conflict with Allardyce’s day job if he was advising on players and transfers.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, simplythebest said:

Not sure that's as incriminating as the headlines make out, think he'll survive it

It's not but it's still not a good look. There's more in the article where he can clearly see what he's doing is against the rules though. Doing it so soon after becoming England manager is just fucking stupid. 

Makes a mockery of him calling it his dream job. If it was he wouldn't be having meetings with strange 'businessmen' weeks after getting it and offering them info on loopholes to undermine the English FA.

Always liked Big Sam, but he has mugged himself off here.

Should be sacked, IMO.

Someone at the Telegraph fucking hates him.

Can't see the problem in going to a business meeting. His mistake is that he didn't recognise a sting and that he was stupid enough to talk malfeasence in his current role with with complete strangers. It was at that point that he should have realised it was a stitch up. Stupid greedy fuck.