Unlucky or Unworthy ???

Nieto11878

Really don't know where we are as a team just now ! some of what I saw on Sunday was very encouraging for the team who has finished 2nd last two seasons we bossed it controlled the game but in inability to be mean defensively comes back to haunt us.  We gave a way a cheap goal and was an uphill struggle from then on. Garner takes his two chances and we get in front then its a different game. I like the manager and he has done well initially but is clearly struggling to get something extra from the players. I think  Garner isn't any better than Waggy through the middle so either play 2 of them upfront or Waggy on his own. MOH has to be in the team he has been creating a lot of chances with his minutes on the park baffling that he cant get in. We look to be going in the right direction but we need a morale boosting victory maybe it will click and we can take 3 or 4 of someone and then the confidence will come back. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

They've been doing it since 10 games into the Championship when we got sussed and became easy to play against. 

They've been doing it as long as I've been watching Rangers and probably before.

Plan B was always buy better players. For Souness, for Walter, for Dick.

12 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Did we really boss the game or did we just have loads of wasted possession and create very little?

And they had a couple of attacks we had six men back it looked as if we were trying to herd cats all over the place, no shape.

We create pretty pictures on the park wi no end product, look back Morton team in the 80's were like that threw the ball all over the place but couldn't score goals. Great to watch but you knew your team would eventually beat them. Hope to fuck I'm wrong but we look similar.

14 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Did we really boss the game or did we just have loads of wasted possession and create very little?

Exactly.

We are neither direct enough nor quick enough. I'd be quite happy as an opponent to sit back and watch the game of ping pong in front of me. They just sit in and wait for us to misplace a pass as we inevitably do and break forward to take advantage of our very well known weakness in defence, like a hot knife through butter.

well mw said in his post match press conference that we totally dominated the game fuck knows what game he was watching. I just saw aberdeen stand off us especially first half let us have lots of possession and we created very little except garners header over the bar and Waghorn,s sitter. I have seen many a poor rangers team over the years but at least they had heart and rolled the sleeves up to compensate for their lack of ability this team at this present time can't even do that. something needs to change and fast and it's down to mw and his management team to get the best out of each and everyone of them as this level of commitment cannot go on. mw keeps telling us we trained well,worked hard all week,we are in good shape then they ultimately come out and play at a level that is totally unacceptable for a team like rangers. 

The defence isn't the problem. That's becoming boring now. 

When you have 60%+ of possession and create one meaningful chance outside the penalty then your problem is your creative players and forwards. 

For all the nonsensical criticism of Clint Hill, nothing got by him on Sunday again. The only time Clint Hill looks "passed it" "out of his depth" etc is when he's trying to do both CBs jobs. 

The problem is Mckay, playing a CF out on the wing, and general play between the midfield 3 which is extremely slow. 

The way Jason Holt gets talked about you'd think he would actually have done something by now. Forget his goal against QoS ffs we can beat any championship team but he's done nothing either

18 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The defence isn't the problem. That's becoming boring now. 

When you have 60%+ of possession and create one meaningful chance outside the penalty then your problem is your creative players and forwards. 

For all the nonsensical criticism of Clint Hill, nothing got by him on Sunday again. The only time Clint Hill looks "passed it" "out of his depth" etc is when he's trying to do both CBs jobs. 

The problem is Mckay, playing a CF out on the wing, and general play between the midfield 3 which is extremely slow. 

The way Jason Holt gets talked about you'd think he would actually have done something by now. Forget his goal against QoS ffs we can beat any championship team but he's done nothing either

With respect PB I disagree with your first sentence. We've fallen behind in 5 of our 7 league games this season. Teams get inspired and are more able to keep their shape because they have something to cling on to 

if we keep the back door shut and take the lead in games we can go on a run. 

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

With respect PB I disagree with your first sentence. We've fallen behind in 5 of our 7 league games this season. Teams get inspired and are more able to keep their shape because they have something to cling on to 

if we keep the back foot shut and take the lead in games we can go on a run. 

We all know the defence isn't the best and never will be. We accept were going to concede a goal in most of our games,it's the way MW plays. If he had instilled any of his "philosophy" into the players then from middle to front they know the onus is on them to step it up and take it to teams, not pass it about, look disinterested and generally shy away from play. 

You just cannot talk about shots at goal, possession etc without any meaningful product. 

Most teams that go to Ibrox are already clinging on for a point and if they score it's a bonus.

Aberdeen didn't sit back much on Sunday and we still couldn't unlock them. 

The problem for me lies from middle to front, although the defence isn't perfect they certainly ain't performing at their worst

You're not going to score many goals from passing the ball about between your defense and midfield in your own half.

We're so slow at getting up the park that the opposition have loads of time to get their players back to pack their defense. I agree, our midfield and attack are far too slow and not really up to the job, unfortunately!