Press conferences

the_r_sole

Anyone else stopped watching these now?

Absolutely sick of players and our management talking the best games ever, only to be humbled yet again on the pitch...

These guys need to start doing the talking where and when it matters, I think we should stop all the press conference shite until the team are performing, they wind me up more than anything when we are struggling. Some of these guys need to understand what it really takes to be a rangers player rather than believing how good a game they will have or how they've learned something from not being able to put away Ross country or Aberdeen

1 minute ago, the_r_sole said:

Absolutely sick of players and our management talking the best games ever, only to be humbled yet again on the pitch...

These guys need to start doing the talking where and when it matters, I think we should stop all the press conference shite until the team are performing, they wind me up more than anything when we are struggling. Some of these guys need to understand what it really takes to be a rangers player rather than believing how good a game they will have or how they've learned something from not being able to put away Ross country or Aberdeen

I still watch them but have noticed that comments are about the pros of the game not the cons. Think the balance needs to be addressed as it leads to those that are watching thinking MW is clueless. Maybe it's in their contract not to speak of Rangers in any negative aspect including press conferences.

Could tell you what he says before I watch it.

1) Players trained well all week

2) Got the loading right

3) Not about the opposition it's about what we do

4) Some chat about how amazing English football is and the gulf between us and them

Just now, B1872 said:

2) Got the loading right

4) Sine chat about how amazing English football is and the gulf between us and them

is it his fault that he gets asked the exact same things every fucking week? Some of our own fans are honestly digging deep to moan at our manager now.

4 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

is it his fault that he gets asked the exact same things every fucking week? Some of our own fans are honestly digging deep to moan at our manager now.

When we start winning then I'll stop moaning, thanks! ??

7 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Yes, he gets the same questions week in week out being asked. but the replies are down to MW. It could be the questions are set up to make him look clueless or that his replies don't address the cons of the game. I back the manager and team 100% but I don't think the way he speaks in these press conferences does him any favours. It needs to be more balanced with the pros and cons so that fans know he is seeing what they are seeing.

Flip side is

1) Players trained shite all week

2) No idea if I got the loading right - or anything else for that matter

3) Really worried about the opposition -  no matter what we do we will struggle

4) No chat about fuck all else - even if a journo brings up a topic like English football and the gulf between us and them I will not say a word

That sounds  rrrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaaallllllllllll professional that does.

3 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Tbh, it's more the players press conferences that annoy me, no point in telling us how good a performance you are going to put in, or how well you play in training if you put a shitebag performance in on the pitch then tell us how much you've learned from it and how you will work hard in training etc, fucking mind numbing and frustrating.

Manager could at least come over a bit more humble and realistic, he's been in charge of some embarrassing performances this season and his record in the last 20-30 games is atrocious. Saying they learn the lessons isn't acceptable any more imo, if they learn from it then let's see it on the pitch. Not in a press conference.

I could tell you the main issues we've had since Warburton took charge is giving away simple goals because we don't have a commanding centre half and we struggle against better teams because we don't have a natural finisher playing centre forward, we learned that after about three weeks of Warburton being in charge and we are still learning the same lessons a season later...

We need evidence of development on the pitch

Ask the same questions every week and you're going to get the same answers.

And it's in the contracts of the manager and players to do regular press conferences, and that's the only reason they do it.  They don't do it for fun.  Lee Wallace basically said as much in the pre-sheep pressers.

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Flip side is

4) No chat about fuck all else - even if a journo brings up a topic like English football and the gulf between us and them I will not say a word

He could easily say that the players didn't take their training performance into the game or some players weren't good enough on the day and need to work harder.

Doesn't need to say he got tactics wrong but at the same time could recognise that he had the  issues that everyone in the stand could see...

Could.wasily talk about the opposition, say he knew they would sit in and play the counter because every team in Scotland knows that's the way to exploit our weaknesses and tell is what he thinks he could do to win a game or two...

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Flip side is

1) Or maybe don't bother telling us how the players trained as I don't give a fuck!

2) Same as above because I don't give a fuck!

3) Studied the opposition and know what we are up against. Looked at their strengths and weaknesses and we know how to play against them and BEAT them!

4) Stop going on about England and making it out as if it's the fucking be all and end all. We can't compete purely because we are on the same planet as England!!!!!

I'm only interested in what he's going to do to fix this fucking mess we are in. He needs to take some fucking responsibility!!!!!

28 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

I have .All boring and predictable 

10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Flip side is

I like Garners interview he addressed the pro and the cons and how he could improve his game. Imo, this is what's needed so that fans, know that the manager and team are hearing them and are addressing our glitches.

7 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Ask the same questions every week and you're going to get the same answers.

And it's in the contracts of the manager and players to do regular press conferences, and that's the only reason they do it.  They don't do it for fun.  Lee Wallace basically said as much in the pre-sheep pressers.

Surely, given that every week we have different opposition and different personnel on the pitch the answers could be different and show some realisation of the worsening situation with results, league table, goal difference and inability to perform on the pitch?

52 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Flip side is

Made me chuckle :P

1 hour ago, Skyson1872 said:

The same people who would claim they could listen to our gaffer allday as he is so refreshing to listen to......how attitudes change when the results ain't what we expect them to be.

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

2) Got the loading right

4) Some chat about how amazing English football is and the gulf between us and them

You forgot pitch geography, learning lessons, progressing, not discussing Joey, and how great Miller is in training.

I have stopped watching them. Same old shite every week. 

49 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

Surely, given that every week we have different opposition and different personnel on the pitch the answers could be different and show some realisation of the worsening situation with results, league table, goal difference and inability to perform on the pitch?

You'd have to assume that what he says in the PC's is different to what he says in the analysis room (I'd certainly hope so anyway).  He probably just doesn't want to look like he's under any pressure.

51 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Quite simply .I want to see him angry at his own incompetence on various parts of his management .

Be seen to be kicking arses and dropping non performers   

"I AM SO FUCKING ANGRY AT MYSELF!!, WHAT A USELESS CUNT I AM!!"

"Next question, please. Yes, you in the cream blouse.  "