What good is it dominating high % in games?

KeyserSoze

2 hours ago, sugar_free_pizza said:

does he? some how i'm of the impression he doesn't and is just saying the right things to keep the pack of wolfs at bay.

Really? You think a 50 something professional intelligent man who has dedicated his life to the study of football, travelling around Europe on his own dime to learn about the game is just "saying" that possession is not enough just to keep us happy while his true mind is that possession without penetration is actually absolutely fine and acceptable. 

Do you reallly think Warburtorn is sitting there thinking that ? 

I am as frustrated as everyone but some fans are are just making up completely fantasies in their own head to alleviate the frustration

he knows that all the possession in the world is not going to win games unless we put the ball in the net. I know he knows it because He says he knows it and he has a fully functioning brain

It would appear that He also truly believes that his possession based football can lead to penetration and that's what he and the team are working on

Halliday, McKay and Warburton have all come out and said it's not good enough. They all know that 3 points are what matters . They all know it's a results business. Our team are not fucking retards. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, markem said:

Surely though there has to be some recognition that the reason they put the ball in the net a lot is due to the chances they create....due to the way they play?

I do take your point though, without purpose and an end product you typically have a team that is being allowed possession and doing nothing with it.  

For the record, and I know it's not the general consensus I believe the wins and form will come for us, it however has to be very soon.

The quality of the players is why they score the goals. 

Unless you are careful having a lot of procession can become an end in itself ... I can't help feeling if you want to win then be strong in front of your goal and the oppositions goal because the history of football is littered with teams who have been successful with little of the ball 

12 hours ago, Bakbear said:

he knows that all the possession in the world is not going to win games unless we put the ball in the net. I know he knows it because He says he knows it and he has a fully functioning brain

It would appear that He also truly believes that his possession based football can lead to penetration and that's what he and the team are working on

Halliday, McKay and Warburton have all come out and said it's not good enough. They all know that 3 points are what matters . They all know it's a results business. Our team are not fucking retards. 

So what is he working on?

Changing our system - nope

Getting our shots on target ratio up - nope

changing players in key positions who are underperforming- nope 

stopping his 60 min subs x3 which we can all see upsets momentum- nope

Are you expecting young Barrie to come out with "I'm not playing too good just now so I think I should be dropped " because he is never gonna say that in a presser so he will say what you want him to say. 

Because I agree they are not retards  

2 hours ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

We should park the bus and play it long for the first 60 minutes just to confuse cunts. We're too predictable. Teams know they can sit back on the edge of their box and not dive in.

With better players they would just be hurting themselves by sitting back for 90 minutes as more often than not those tactics get punished eventually IF you have the right quality of players who can exploit fatigue or mental switch offs. 

With lesser players adapting strategy is a must, so go a bit more direct, less passes in midfield to not let the opposition just get organised with 9 men behind the ball.

Dominating possession and doing nothing when you have it is pointless and that seems to be happening more and more. We need to be more clinical. Leicester we the perfect example last year many games they had 35/40% and were winning games.

The other night Brentford beat Reading 4-1 with only 37% possession. 

If you look across all the top leagues the best teams have the highest possession stats 99% of the time. For years we've complained about the quality of football we've played under Walter, Big Ek and more recently Ally. It would be fucking mental to backwards again after the first bump in the road. 

At the minute the whole of Rangers is craving a run of convincing victories, the kind of wins deserving of our club. 

Warburton is putting us in the position  to win games with his set up but the opposite is happening.

His inability to set up against the quick counter needs to be addressed ASAP.

If we keep stumbling blindly in the darkness over this issue then we are fucked.

I'd like to see us set up defensively against Partick this weekend and pick them off with quick incisive breaks, go 2 or 3 up then open up and start playing keep ball. I can dream. 

We would've bite the hand off some cunt 18mnths ago if we were to be rid of Green etc. Replaced with board members that 'understand' What it means to be a ranger.

Playing largely attractive football, dominating teams and willing to accept lows along with way.

Like it or not the premier league is a step up in quality and intensity for our players; Imo the Barton carry on has also had an affect on morale etc.

We have still to find our first 11, and too many individuals have gone off form at same time.

We'll come good, £50 well be 2nd spot by Christmas.

We need to however consider changing our shape and board need to release the purse strings. 

In all honesty if we can cut out the silly mistakes at the back (or rather practice our defending at set pieces and will long balls over the top etc) then the results will come.

At the minute we seem to be lacking confidence (since the SFA cup semi) and we need a resounding victory against a decent side to bring that confidence back.

Beating shitty teams does nothing for confidence IMO, we need to beat someone in the top half to turn the corner.