Another Rangers boozer gone

eskbankloyal

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28/09/2016 at 9:43 AM, Gaz52 said:

Call me dramatic if you want

But I grew up in a time where Rangers dominated everything, all my pals were bears.. Except the odd couple who were the wee weirdos of the group. The big walk was the best day of the year. We didn't tolerate nor sympathise with the IRA 

Glasgow in particular has changed so much that it's becoming unbearable, you're a racist if you support the union, IRA marches pass without conflict. George Square is a meeting point for the left wing anti-protestants, anti-unionist bastards who preach utter nonsense and hatred.

We now see petitions with about 100k signatures to ban the orange walk in Glasgow. 

They're trying to kill Rangers off whilst we're down, the mhedia, the wee man-cub Sturgeon, Swinney the cross-dresser who wants to control every family in Scotland and Police Scotland who can arrest a single Hibs fan out of thousands who caused disorder but out of the hundreds of Rangers fans who defended our corner, many are already serving sentences behind bars. 

This country is fucked and the longer we're away from the top the more power they have over us it feels like. 

Its not even just tarriers, it's Hearts fans, Partick Thistle fans, Raith Rovers fans, Motherwell fans... They all want us gone

That is truly the best post I've seen all year, bravo

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 9:43 AM, Gaz52 said:

But I grew up in a time where Rangers dominated everything, all my pals were bears.. Except the odd couple who were the wee weirdos of the group. The big walk was the best day of the year. We didn't tolerate nor sympathise with the IRA 

Glasgow in particular has changed so much that it's becoming unbearable, you're a racist if you support the union, IRA marches pass without conflict. George Square is a meeting point for the left wing anti-protestants, anti-unionist bastards who preach utter nonsense and hatred.

We now see petitions with about 100k signatures to ban the orange walk in Glasgow. 

They're trying to kill Rangers off whilst we're down, the mhedia, the wee man-cub Sturgeon, Swinney the cross-dresser who wants to control every family in Scotland and Police Scotland who can arrest a single Hibs fan out of thousands who caused disorder but out of the hundreds of Rangers fans who defended our corner, many are already serving sentences behind bars. 

This country is fucked and the longer we're away from the top the more power they have over us it feels like. 

Its not even just tarriers, it's Hearts fans, Partick Thistle fans, Raith Rovers fans, Motherwell fans... They all want us gone

Its our own people who are helping to vote these fuckers in. I just don't get it but  many Rangers fans continually vote for the republicans to give us a kicking.

On 28/09/2016 at 6:46 PM, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Meanwhile . . . in the gallowgate and surrounding area rhepublican slop houses thrive ! :sherlock:

This isn't true though, is it, or are you being sarcastic? The most famous Celtic bar (can't remember the name now, Baird's?) down by the Barras shutdown too. It's a sad fact of life that pubs have been closing at an astonishing rate since 2007/8 all across the UK. 

As an aside, I think the Louden is great, literally the best football pub I've entered  in my life. 

1 minute ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

This isn't true though, is it, or are you being sarcastic? The most famous Celtic bar (can't remember the name now, Baird's?) down by the Barras shutdown too. It's a sad fact of life that pubs have been closing at an astonishing rate since 2007/8 all across the UK. 

It never closed due to lack of business though. 

The licence was revoked because the owners or staff refused to give police CCTV of pub after a serious assault in the pub. 

1 hour ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

As an aside, I think the Louden is great, literally the best football pub I've entered  in my life. 

Yes but it is true unfortunately, or are you just being sarcastic, bairds has shut due to a serious incident caught on camera but the toerags only moved across the street and the rest of that area is hoaching with rhepublican slop houses, even Glasgow X which at one time had great pubs has been taken over by the scum, the bit you did get right is that it is a sad fact of life that pubs are shutting down rapidly due to changing cultures, if you read the post by a more informed poster who worked in the game the Brewers seem to be more than aware that most will be gone in the next couple of decades except the big chains. 

As an aside don't think I've been in the Louden since they hosted the chuck green night, I'm taking it you mean the one that was formerly the stadium, was a midden as the stadium but it's been well done up and has improved, too big and barny for me, luckily there's still one or two stalwart Rangers bars in the area, District is the dogs bolloks of Rangers boozers, the Viceroy has its moments and you can't beat the Bristol Bar up the road for the ultimate Rangers experience in the east! Sad though that in this shithole of a city Rangers pubs are in the minority, changed daze !:sherlock:

3 hours ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

Tip to the wise don't put capitals on the likes of celtic, bairds and barras on this forum it's just not British!:sherlock:

19 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

It never closed due to lack of business though. 

The licence was revoked because the owners or staff refused to give police CCTV of pub after a serious assault in the pub. 

Blimey....a landlord who REFUSED to hand over CCTV tapes??

If only there were more like him/her.

The Sou' Wester' did not close because of lack of business.

The Landlord sold out to the Gorbals housing.

Yes, it was quiet at times through the week as

a lot of pubs are.

The pub had a lot of busy days to make up for the quiet days.

Paraders  coming in after marches. Before at times too

People from concerts at the )2 academy. .

Rangers on the telly brought in a lot. The odd subway runs too.

Birthday parties and such night outs. I can assure you, the pub did not close for lack of business.

Soon as rumours went round about it closing which went on for months.

The pub did start losing customers due to misinformation about when it was to close down.

Annmarie tried to run it on a month to month basis. until such time the building was to be demolished.

But sadly the landlord/owner would not reapply for the license and the housing who bought over the building would not

renew the license. I said before in this thread how the situation was but a lot still seem to be under the impression that the pub closed due to lack of business.

Which it didn't. Just a simple buy out from the housing to build new houses seemingly?

Who the heck wants to stay next to a railway line is needing heads looked at :) 

On 28 September 2016 at 9:43 AM, Gaz52 said:

Superb post.  Glasgow is now a city over run with lefties, ambulance chasers and tims . 

52 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Take a look at the Dalmarnock Inn. ..my mate has reopened it and it's a bears boozer ...from Rangers karaoke to Hugh burns and Alex Rae doing a Q and A after taigs game on the 23rd 

Shuggy Burns....now there is a blast from the past.....does anyone remember the mad woman with a purple coat who stood in the West Enclosure every home game cheering him on? 

Mmooooan shugaaaay

Could have been his mother lol 

On 9/28/2016 at 1:36 PM, NixonRFC said:

I work for Tennant's, started 10 years ago, I was told within the first few weeks that within 20-25 years most pubs will be gone, the only ones that will survive are big chains like Witherspoons etc...

The smoking ban was the first nail in the coffin, the price hikes since have all but made it inevitable, only big chains who can afford to buy in bulk and therefor keep prices reasonable will thrive

lifestyle changes are taking hold too though. More people these days are focused on instagramming their avocado and brown toast brunch then hitting the gym to get ripped than they are on going out boozing. The ONS released some amazing stats earlier this year about the number of 18-25 year olds who these days simply are not drinking. 

Even dry stag dos are becoming a thing, which is obviously fucking weird, but its indicative of the move towards a more health conscious society which is unquestionably driven by the prevalence of social media. Younger folk are more self conscious these days and with the exposure that a photo can get online there is definitely motivation for this age group to stay in good nick, and to flaunt it. 

was in glasgow earlier this year taking in a game (a rare occasion), and couldnt believe how dead the pubs around town were - the whole weekend. i used to work in the trade when i was younger and living in glasgow and it was always absolutely bouncing and was a definite party town. from what i hear from mates who still run boozers in glasgow and from friends who still live there, its anything but. 

15 years ago you wouldnt have a queue of 20 year olds waiting to get into to a cafe in woodlands for 11am brunch as most folk would still be in their bed burst from the night before. different story these days. next time youre in a pub take a look around at the average age of the punters - guaranteed it will be over 35. 

14 hours ago, Gaffbear said:

Take a look at the Dalmarnock Inn. ..my mate has reopened it and it's a bears boozer ...from Rangers karaoke to Hugh burns and Alex Rae doing a Q and A after taigs game on the 23rd 

My auntie in law has the flat above it and runs the cafe attached to the pub.