SFA drop complaints against Hibs and Rangers

RFCRobertson

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fucking joke they are basically saying that after the semi-final against Celtic both sets of fans can run onto the park and have a riot and both sets of fans can be deemed to be boisterous and in high spirits and with that decision the SFA have made they can't charge either club as a precedent has been set.

PS I wouldn't condone that if it did happen.

This is job done big style.  History has again been rewritten.

The facts of the matter have now been consigned to the dust bin.

There was no pitch invasion. No players attacked or abused.

It is by far the majority of our fans who were later arrested and charged.

The record will now show, that WE the big bad Rangers are guilty as charged in all of this!

We remain toxic. We are the ill of society. The message is clear. There will be NO justice for our club or our fans. End of! 

I doubt there is much point in any demo, without the club first taking a hard line on this. If they do so, then fine and we back it up. The board must lead, as we will only be seen as the paranoid rabble rousers and sore losers. The malcontent bigots as they have already labelled us, so no one will be listening. The club on the other hand, are the institution and will be listened to. It us for us to force the hand of this board to take effective action, but I wouldn't hold our breath, for as long as it doesn't hurt their pocket, they will do little or nothing.

Just now, Sweetheart said:

SFA have withdrawn their complaint, if there is no complaint  will the charges still stand? 

No. That's not how the legal system works. The Scottish FA aren't responsible for setting the law of the land. They have decided to football clubs haven't breached (or can't be punished for breaching) their rules. That would have no bearing on the offences individuals are alleged to have committed.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

This is job done big style.  History has again been rewritten.

The facts of the matter have now been consigned to the dust bin.

There was no pitch invasion. No players attacked or abused.

It is by far the majority of our fans who were later arrested and charged.

The record will now show, that WE the big bad Rangers are guilty as charged in all of this!

We remain toxic. We are the ill of society. The message is clear. There will be NO justice for our club or our fans. End of! 

I doubt there is much point in any demo, without the club first taking a hard line on this. If they do so, then fine and we back it up. The board must lead, as we will only be seen as the paranoid rabble rousers and sore losers. The malcontent bigots as they have already labelled us, so no one will be listening. The club on the other hand, are the institution and will be listened to. It us for us to force the hand of this board to take effective action, but I wouldn't hold our breath, for as long as it doesn't hurt their pocket, they will do little or nothing.

How will the SFA rectify the damage done to the Rangers name through bad press?

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No. That's not how the legal system works. The Scottish FA aren't responsible for setting the law of the land. They have decided to football clubs haven't breached (or can't be punished for breaching) their rules. That would have no bearing on the offences individuals are alleged to have committed.

okay. thanks for info.

It's a fucking shambles but I didn't expect anything less. Corrupt to the core.

Well precedent has now been set, fair game to now charge onto the pitch and assault players.

god help them if someone gets seriously hurt or worse

:brokensfa: :angry:

Shambolic, not fit for purpose, everything said on here correct and a precedent now set for not just the future but remember Mmell are on a 12 month 'probation' period, if I remember correctly, for their fans invading the park and goading us.

This means they have nothing to answer for either.

2 hours ago, Bears said:

So a civil/employment case against the SFA regarding the players not being given adequate protection going forwards due to opposition fans being given the ok to attack our players. We cannot do this due to UEFA rules IIRC. Go ahead anyway and use the publicity with UEFA to put the case in the international press. Then maybe UEFA will have to listen to what is going on in this footballing backwater.

The club cannot take the SFA to court but there is nothing to stop individual players (or the PFA) taking action.

33 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

The club cannot take the SFA to court but there is nothing to stop individual players (or the PFA) taking action.

Is it not that UEFA will not allow it through the SFA but do they have power over a nation's courts? And yes, the players individually or as a group can certainly do this. But which players would do this, which would not be a good career move, being branded as a potential trouble maker for future employers? Or perhaps a club's holding company can take the SFA to court if the club cannot?

1 hour ago, murzo said:

I think the board should respond to this by withdrawing from the Scottish Cup. If the sfa cant  provide a safe environment for our players to play then fuck them.

Bang on with that.

However our board are not so principled. Are we the fans prepared to force the boards hand on it? I would like to think yes, but alas I have a gut feeling it would be a no, as whilst we are expert in giving it large on such matters, we aint so good on the follow through. Us fight on a platform for social justice and equality and it means missing a game or two as well. Fuck that I hear the cry. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't hear many thus far in the now multiple threads on this calling for a boycott of the SC, which indeed would be the only effective way in which to get any redress. Otherwise it's the usual shut to fuck up and take it up the erse.

1 hour ago, murzo said:

I think the board should respond to this by withdrawing from the Scottish Cup. If the sfa cant  provide a safe environment for our players to play then fuck them.

BTW I have just noticed you have only got one like, so it's me and you and my speculation confirmed.

23 minutes ago, Bears said:

Is it not that UEFA will not allow it through the SFA but do they have power over a nation's courts? And yes, the players individually or as a group can certainly do this. But which players would do this, which would not be a good career move, being branded as a potential trouble maker for future employers? Or perhaps a club's holding company can take the SFA to court if the club cannot?

That is why I suggested the PFA.