Over to the board now regarding the Cup Final.

Smile

4 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Do you accept that Rangers fans took it upon themselves to climb over the advertising boards and enter the pitch damaging both in the process? 

You seem to want to blame this all on Rangers. were you at the game and witnessed what went on I've asked you this a lot now with no answer.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

What damage did the Rangers fans cause ? They were accused of damaging LED boards,The only damage i have seen regards LED boards in all the video's after the game i have seen were the ones the Hibs fans pulled over and jumped on both at their end and the Rangers end of the stadium.

Have you seen something i haven't ? 

The SFA said the advertising boards and pitch were damaged by both sets of fans.  Do you believe Rangers fans climbed over the advertising boards and ran across the pitch without causing any damage?

8 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

What damage did the Rangers fans cause ? They were accused of damaging LED boards,The only damage i have seen regards LED boards in all the video's after the game i have seen were the ones the Hibs fans pulled over and jumped on both at their end and the Rangers end of the stadium.

Have you seen something i haven't ? 

He seems to be a bit vague on what actually happened at the game maybe a case of watching too many videos and thinking they tell the story. He also believes in the Honesty of the Sfa.

6 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Totally agree m8, it all comes back to the polis but I can't see the PFA taking on the polis. Took years for Liverpool fans to get anywhere with them.

Would the players have a case against Hamden security ltd or whatever they are called? I think the SFA cut corners and didn't take the advice of the police as Hamden put the category lower than the police did?

1 minute ago, Smile said:

And that's enough for you ? no action was taken at all against the perpetrators/instigators of this.

Your wasting your time, that you would be better off looking after you and yours, everything is fucked at Rangers from the boardroom down to the fans, no money and bridge building means that the board are ultimately on the SFA side and with no clout on the running of the SFA/SPL then we are dead in the water, with plenty of money we could at least beat them on the playing field and shut up shop and tell them to fuck off. You are never going to get the Rangers board to back the fans, as we are all just paying customers and are subject to the rules and laws of how the governing bodies see fit to judge upon.

I personally don't give a fuck about anything that goes on in Scottish football as long as it doesn't affect me and if it did at a football match I wouldn't be back, you are correct in your summation of the situation but the realities are somewhat different in a world governed by sponsored evil politics and it's sister Media and at the moment Rangers are on the receiving end big time, The present board don't seem to have the clout money wise at the moment but I also don't think that they stupid enough not to realise the situation is against them and have to tread carefully in getting Rangers back to the forefront of Scottish football. If the board won't do anything why then should you give a fuck about anything, after all your just a paying customer like any other Rangers fan and if you think any differently your on your own.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

He seems to be a bit vague on what actually happened at the game maybe a case of watching too many videos and thinking they tell the story.

Your personal recollection of events differs from the official version is that what you're saying?  I can't tell you what you did or didn't see or respond to other anecdotal evidence.  If you think this is some sort of conspiracy by the SFA and/or Police then it's up to you to bring the truth to light. 

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Would the players have a case against Hamden security ltd or whatever they are called? I think the SFA cut corners and didn't take the advice of the police as Hamden put the category lower than the police did?

I would have thought their initial claim would be the SFA, who the SFA want to blame is up to them but someone needs to be brought to book publicly

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Your personal recollection of events differs from the official version is that what you're saying?  I can't tell you what you did or didn't see or respond to other anecdotal evidence.  If you think this is some sort of conspiracy by the SFA and/or Police then it's up to you to bring the truth to light. 

RANGERS will take time to consider fully the findings of the report into the pitch invasion by Hibernian supporters at the end of the Scottish Cup final and make further comment at the appropriate time.

At present we wish to do nothing that might detract from the team’s first match back in Scottish football’s top flight.

We can state however that we will be seeking an urgent meeting with the author of the report, Sheriff Principal Edward Bowen, the Scottish FA’s Chief Executive Stewart Regan and his Compliance Officer, Tony McGlennan.

It is imperative that we gain insight into the underlying basis for the findings in the report given that we consider it contains a number of factual inaccuracies and contradictions. It is right that the Club gives the author and requisitioner of the report the opportunity to comment on our concerns prior to making a conclusive statement.

It is to be hoped that the Scottish FA, as they begin considering this report and the appropriate punishments, remember vividly what actually occurred on Saturday, May 21, 2016 at the National Stadium when Hibernian fans were allowed to invade the field of play and attack Rangers players and staff, who were offered little protection."

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-63/

4 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

As i said were you there and actually witnessed what went on, it's a simple question to answer. Or are you getting all your information from the Sfa the media and Videos.

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I would have thought their initial claim would be the SFA, who the SFA want to blame is up to them but someone needs to be brought to book publicly

I agree, as it stands it's open season on Rangers players for future opposition fans misconduct.

8 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The SFA said the advertising boards and pitch were damaged by both sets of fans.  Do you believe Rangers fans climbed over the advertising boards and ran across the pitch without causing any damage?

I've yet to see any damage to LED boards caused by Rangers fans... Do i think people climing over them would damage them ? No i don't given how robust they are and protected at the front by heavy duty plastic grills,The lighting modules are actually behind these grills and they are pretty sturdy.

Jumping over them wouldn't damage them,The only thing that would damage them is if they were pulled over and people jumped hard on the back of them,They are also reinforced at the front because they face onto the pitch,The damage is done to the back of them as that is were all the circuit boards are bolted on and the plastic is thinner.

These boards are rented to the SFA... So shouldn't the SFA have insurance to cover any damage to the boards,The company that owns them will have insurance also,But i can see the point why a company wouldn't want to claim their insurance given they may have a very high excess,But that's what insurance is for. If you hired a big sound system for a big party and someone at your party wrecked the sound system.. Your still responsible regardless who caused the damage.

4 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Do you accept that Rangers fans took it upon themselves to climb over the advertising boards and enter the pitch damaging both in the process? 

I don't accept that Rangers fans did any damage to advertising boards, or the pitch. The only damage I saw Rangers fans doing was to deck a few hibee bastards.

Their fans caused the damage!

Their fans abused our players! 

Their fans assaulted our players! 

Their fans ran up the pitch, & goaded Bears to fight them!

Their fans spoiled the SFA showpiece final!

That's what I saw happening. It was, and still is, a fucking disgrace.

7 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Both sets of fans ran on the pitch and caused offences albeit Hibs fans ran on first and in greater number.  Do you think the clubs could've done more to prevent this?  As far as I'm aware Policing the final isn't the responsibility of either club. 

fuck me ive found graham spiers

2 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I don't accept that Rangers fans did any damage to advertising boards, or the pitch. The only damage I saw Rangers fans doing was to deck a few hibee bastards.

Their fans caused the damage!

Their fans abused our players! 

Their fans assaulted our players! 

Their fans ran up the pitch, & goaded Bears to fight them!

Their fans spoiled the SFA showpiece final!

That's what I saw happening. It was, and still is, a fucking disgrace.

While it is bizarre how keen TMB is to equate the actions of hibs and Rangers fans, we did, unfortunately, see a Rangers fan admit, in court last week, to damaging advertising hoardings.

That's twice now Rangers players have been assaulted on the field of play and twice now that no action has been taken by the SFA or SPFL. And wtf is Fraser Wishart doing? Far as i am concerned it is now open season on Rangers FC and fans of other clubs know they can do wtf they want with little risk of any kind of retribution against themselves and no chance of retribution against their clubs. Can you imagine the fall out if this happened to Penn State Fc players? Twice?? As for our bridge building apologist board don't get me started. 

1 hour ago, daytripping12 said:

I'm pretty new to this forum, didn't even know it existed till a few weeks ago, used to just read dothebouncy, have been accused of being a sheep molester since i signed up the other day but can take that!! lol

To be honest I don't really know how to take a lot of the postings, are people really upset or is it just forum posturing? I was pissed off Hibs beat us but still went out that night and got mullered, next day it was forgotten about. I don't get all this persecuted nonsense, I'm too young to remember invading the pitch at pittodrie when we won the league but my dad talks about it everytime he's pissed! lol stuff like that happens, it's not a chess league we follow, a lot of forum users need to take man up pills, hibs won, they took the piss, no one died, it's history, next time we meet them we smash them on and off eos.

People are angry. Hibs fans overstepped the mark when they started attacking our players. That is not 'persecuted nonsense' Why should people have to 'take man up pills'. and accept something that is clearly wrong. If you read the Bowen report again you will see that Hampden security category for the event was lower than the police advised. Why?

It is to be hoped that the Scottish FA, as they begin considering this report and the appropriate punishments, remember vividly what actually occurred on Saturday, May 21, 2016 at the National Stadium when Hibernian fans were allowed to invade the field of play and attack Rangers players and staff, who were offered little protection."

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-63/

9 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

If they had a spine, they would serve notice to withdraw from the SC, but we all know they don't and money is their God.

We aren't much better, as we should be demanding they do so, if we had any principles. We makes ourselves look like spineless greeting faced wanes giving it large and doing fuck all,  so is it any wonder that that our haters have a feeding frenzy at our expense as they all know there will be no consequences in doing so..

Now pray explain if you can be ersed, on how it's ridiculous to serve notice on withdrawing from the SC? 

Because we need the money more than the SFA do......at this moment in time at least. Lets not cut off any other income for the time being, without it, you dont win fuck all in scottish fitba

Withdrawing the team from the Scottish Cup indefinitely until the SFA has a mass clear out is the only feasible option for me.  The players shouldn't be forced to play in a competition in which it's organisers can't and won't guarantee their safety.