Over to the board now regarding the Cup Final.

Smile

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

Same old usual reactionary shite in here.

I assume that the board will have received the decision and supporting documentation yesterday and will be deliberating the content with our legal representatives on what is our best course of action before making any statement.  Surely we want a calm and measured response reflecting our dissatisfaction and what our next move will be?

I'd hope that would include a statement of no confidence in the SFA, citing their inability to provide a safe place of work for Rangers employees and the astonishing omission of that element from their own investigations.  And on that basis, inviting (perhaps) the Health and Safety Executive to provide an independent safety investigation into an incident that put Rangers employees in a high risk situation that the organiser had patently failed to plan for or react to.  I'd be delighted if Rangers commissioned this investigation or lobbied the PFA to do so on their members behalf.  It's entirely possible the SFA have failed in their duty in discharging the pseudo-legal requirements of HSG65 and the statutory duties within the HASAW etc Act 1974 and Management Regulations.

(tu)

17 hours ago, left winger said:

While it is bizarre how keen TMB is to equate the actions of hibs and Rangers fans, we did, unfortunately, see a Rangers fan admit, in court last week, to damaging advertising hoardings.

I was on a roll there as well. We've got some amount of arseholes in among us, what the fuck is he doing damaging advertising hoardings for? Were there not enough hibs fans on the pitch to fight with for him?

I feel very let down by this fan, but thank you for showing me the error of my ways. (Bastard that you are:541:)

BTW, all tongue-in-cheek here...

19 hours ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Could be wrong but I think if you want to withdraw from a competition it has to be done before the season actually starts. I think if we were to withdraw now there could be punishment from the SFA.

Fair enough.  Makes sense considering how early the SC starts.

Invading the pitch when we beat the tims in the semi-final it will have to be then :wink: 

• 2 weeks later...

More pics out then (sorry if already posted ) , let the games begin then . 

_91633410_cupfinal1.jpg

_91633413_cupfinal2.jpg

104 must be Worzel Gummidge , only far too many slices of cake 

111, Liam Gallagher from the 90's 

Police have released images of 14 more people they want to trace in connection with the disorder and violence at the end of the Scottish Cup Final.

The match at Hampden Park on 21 May was disrupted when fans invaded the pitch after Hibernian's 3-2 win over Rangers.

Hibs supporters flooded the pitch and some Rangers fans also made it past stewards before mounted police officers restored order.

A total of 81 people have been arrested as part on the ongoing investigation.

On 28/09/2016 at 7:12 PM, Blue Avenger said:

Now we are talking! If we the support are actually serious in all our giving it large against our haters, then standing up for the injustices perp'd against us, shouldn't be an issue and that one would be a gem and would be noticed across the UK and a stewards enquiry would surely follow. However, I believe, that it is all just that. Rhetoric and nothing more. Stand up for a righteous principle in justice and equality and miss out on a game against the scum. Nothing to see here. Move on. Maybe I'm wrong.

Also, the board are our biggest weakness in the fight against our enemies and if by some miracle the fan base actually stood up for the principle of justice and equality, then we need to force their hand. A petition maybe. Threaten their pocket as in withdrawing from the semi final and they will move their erses quicker than a dozen laxatives. 

No thanks. I'd much rather go into the semi and pump them than give them a bye into the final.

• 2 weeks later...

So its Hampden again tomorrow.   The home of the SFA.  The scene where last time the SFA and the Police fell way short in providing full and proper protection to Rangers players and staff.  But here we are again.  When asked if he was concerned about security at the game Warburton said in a media interview he wasn't concerned and added the usual bit about people above his pay grade deal with these matters.   

But wait a moment.  We've had the strong verbal reaction from King and the Board about both the semi final responses from the SFA / Police etc and then the reaction to the SFA's 'doing nothing' statement a few weeks ago when the Board sought urgent clarification from the SFA.   Weeks have gone by since requesting urgent clarification and months since the semi-final itself.  And yet nothing further from the Board.  No update from King.   Has the Club now just accepted that it is powerless and has no meaningful influence with authorities?   Has it all just been swept under the carpet?

It's not even a dignified silence from King and the Board.  The noticable lack of follow-up to their great words and even more noticable lack of communication with the Support on this pushes toward a conclusion that despite the strong words they simply do not know how to respond effectively.   No doubt the Directors will be supping with the football authorities tomorrow and enjoying the warmth of a welcome at Hampden.   Maybe they should be using some of the time to spell out to them what Rangers expects to see by way of appropriate justice.  

The continued delay by the Board in stating what it intends to do is not acceptable imo.   The matter should have been dealt with before any return to Hampden, or else an insistence that the semi is played at a different venue.   Doing nothing, and continuing to do nothing, just invites the authorities and other clubs to quietly mock at just how powerless the Rangers board is. 

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly a third of the way through November.   Plenty of time for King and the Board to have considered the SFA decision.  Plenty of time to have developed a considered and appropriate response. 

But here we are......still nothing....no update.....no action.

Surprised?  Nope.  

Seems there is a simple preference to just have the matter swept away out of sight and conveniently forgotten.     But then again, they will have to make a statement about this at the AGM.   A passing reference perhaps and a final polite tilt at the SFA as part of finally closing off on the matter.  An initial reaction of justified loud noises of complaint  now starts to take on a feeling of being reduced to a faint whisper of disappointment in the line taken by the SFA.  

A testament to the commitment to transparency and good governance and good communication.  Or is it more the case that - a bit like Warburton's failing attempts to get the squad to deliver enough wins - they just don't know what to do next or to say next that would be a fitting response to the SFA.