Couple of Rangers related pictures

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for these great pics.

I often think of the time I sat in the old press box courtesy of a relative of Allan Herron. It was in the mid sixties and I was a young teenager.

Don't know which game it was but I am pretty sure the stadium was empty so it must gave been a reserve match.

We were sitting at the Rangers end LOL. Wonderful to see the location in this pic.

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, standup said:

Something not right about the 5th one.

Yeah,  Can't remember houses behind the Broomloan stand or the road veering to the left . Houses look like the ones at Hinshelwood behind the football pitch opposite the Main Stand .

Some great pictures there all the same . Still have memories of watching players warming up in the area under the Main stand. IIRC , one of the Juventus hard men (Bennetti I think) had to warm up there because of the abuse from the enclosure during our win against them in '78.

Love to see old pictures of Ibrox and it's surroundings , fascinating seeing how our home has evolved . Also some great memories recalled .

There was a good picture in the programme v Peterhead taken from the 1938 Empire Exhibition at Bellahouston showing how close Ibrox was to 2 other substantial stadiums White City and the Albion . Would like to see a bigger version .