We're in good shape

The Wee General

6 minutes ago, B1872 said:

One question I want you to answer; do you know for a fact the board haven't backed Mark Warburton and signed the players he wanted? It's a one word answer! ??

Nope.

One word answer. Do you know for a fact the board have backed MW?

Without transparency, we can but only try to read the indicators.

Irrespective of each answer, none of it is big enough to challenge the scum and it never will be under this board, as they are either unwilling to do so or are pratted and the last embarassing loan scramble in HK indicate they are pratted

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Nope.

One word answer. Do you know for a fact the board have backed MW?

Without transparency, we can but only try to read the indicators.

Irrespective of each answer, none of it is big enough to challenge the scum and it never will be under this board, as they are either unwilling to do so or are pratted and the last embarassing loan scramble in HK indicate they are pratted

I honestly believe they have! Warburton has repeatedly said he's happy with the backing. I think the manager has disrespected the SPL and it has shown with his signings. ??

8 hours ago, Badger said:

I am not happy about the situation, but we are about £15-20m a year in wage budget, and about £15- £20m in signings behind Celtic.

Reality is our squad is far closer in value and wage budget to Aberdeen, than Celtic. I believe Aberdeen has about a £4m a year wage Budget, us around £8m.... the tims about £25m.

Statistics do not lie - there hasn't been, since the advent of the SPL, a squad with less than £20m of combined transfer fees winning the league. Our combined total is £5m... Celtic are about £25m.

Thats the total outlay of the current squad.

Are we getting value.... no but.... there is a chasm between us and them!

If we had won the cup final and got into Europe I'm sure a few extra million might have been spent. Unfortunately we lost two identical goals in the space of a few minutes in that game and even after being taught these harsh realities we keep losing the same type of goals on a weekly basis and that's the problem not lack of money.

If we don't have a gaffer who can coach players to cut out basic mistakes then it really does not matter how many millions we spend.

We lost 5 times to Hibs and Falkirk last season also lost to Livingston and also dropped points against Alloa at home. We can not use a lack of money to explain away these results.

34 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

If we don't have a gaffer who can coach players to cut out basic mistakes then it really does not matter how many millions we spend.

If we have players who cannot learn from the coaching then its down to lack of spending. As we would need to spend to get better players. Though not always the case as in players like Holt..but they are rare.

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Hibs away x2

Falkirk away x2

St Johnstone at Ibrox

The cup final

One of the Hibs matches at their ground was not important, the other one was one of our best performances. Falkirk got a disputed penalty in that first match, and we had a crazy bit of complacency in the second match when the match was already won. St Johnstone I'll give you, but we put that right against both Kilmarnock. Dundee, and in the semi-final. I don't excuse any of those defeats, but they did not make us or indicate that we have a bad side when taking in the entirety of the season we had.

21 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Conveniently missed out multiple big wins against Hibs, Dundee, Killie and Celtic, as well as a cup we'd failed to win in the previous 3 seasons. 

Not denying they games were big wins of course they were,but away from home in big games since Warburton arrived we've been hopeless. Dundee away earlier this season we won but they were all over us in the second half.

Those that are calling for more investment...

What do you actually mean by that? Spending millions on transfer fees?

New manager. New staff. We've signed 20+ players in 3 transfer windows. New contracts for a number of players. We've paid over a million pound for a player for the first time in years. We've paid out big wages to attract ex premiership players. Improvements to Ibrox. Paid off the SD loan.

This is all investment.

Mark has completely underestimated the gulf on class to the SPFL. I believe he should be given time, because we don't have a Walter ready to step in like we did in the PLG days.

People need to remember, it took us a penalty shoot out, to beat one of the worst Celtic teams in memory. Arguably our best performance last season, and we still only just nicked the game, regardless of how much possession or domination of the football we had.

They've recruited really well, Dembele was an absolute steal. You can get bargains in England in the free transfer market, but sadly we havnt used it wisely this year.

However, Windass and Rossiter will prove to be fantastic signings given time, just a shame we didn't try and pick up a good defender!

I think someone else touched on it but the gaffer is the first in our History to be competing the the top division having just been promoted from the second tier. It has yet to be seen whether Warburton can get us in to Europe win titles win cups etc etc. BUT he was exactly the type of manager that we needed last season, and exactly the type of manger that we still need. We needed someone to come in and basically start form scratch. He has done a lot of work off the pitch, which we DESPERATELY needed! we will improve as the season goes on, and i am confident of that. In the future we will look back and be thankful we got Mark Warbuton over this period, not necessarily for huge success in terms of trophies, but right now he is what we need. 

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

Those that are calling for more investment...

What do you actually mean by that? Spending millions on transfer fees?

New manager. New staff. We've signed 20+ players in 3 transfer windows. New contracts for a number of players. We've paid over a million pound for a player for the first time in years. We've paid out big wages to attract ex premiership players. Improvements to Ibrox. Paid off the SD loan.

This is all investment.

Didn't you know it's as simple as ask for more investment that's everything fixed simple.What a certain section want is some sugar daddy to say there's 20 million of my hard earned for 4 or 5 players plus another 10 million to pay them all out of my own pocket.Don't worry about paying it back have it for free as I'm a big Rangers fan.Dont worry if that 30 million doesn't get you where you want this season I will give you another 30 million free for next season.Simple really I mean there's dozens of these " investors " queuing up outside ibrox as we speak.Really can't understand why the board haven't taken any of them up on such a fantastic offer.

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

Mark has completely underestimated the gulf on class to the SPFL. I believe he should be given time, because we don't have a Walter ready to step in like we did in the PLG days.

People need to remember, it took us a penalty shoot out, to beat one of the worst Celtic teams in memory. Arguably our best performance last season, and we still only just nicked the game, regardless of how much possession or domination of the football we had.

They've recruited really well, Dembele was an absolute steal. You can get bargains in England in the free transfer market, but sadly we havnt used it wisely this year.

However, Windass and Rossiter will prove to be fantastic signings given time, just a shame we didn't try and pick up a good defender!

Personally think the opposite, I think the manager has overestimated the quality of the top league by bringing in older more experienced players rather than trusting on what we had last year.  Performance, if not yet results, have improved in last 2 or 3 games when he has reverted back.

We should fully concentrate on what's best for developing and getting our own team right rather than worry about what's happening across the city.  If we do, I think we may find out that they are not quite as good as they think they are.

We definitely have a problem defensively that we need to sort out sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

I will maintain that whilst bargains are there to be had, you cannot base a transfer policy on it. Every single team is looking for them.

If you shop n the bargain bin, more often than not you will get what you pay for - with the odd gem. You're doing well if 20% of budget signings turn out to be gems.

9 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Personally think the opposite, I think the manager has overestimated the quality of the top league by bringing in older more experienced players rather than trusting on what we had last year.  Performance, if not yet results, have improved in last 2 or 3 games when he has reverted back.

We should fully concentrate on what's best for developing and getting our own team right rather than worry about what's happening across the city.  If we do, I think we may find out that they are not quite as good as they think they are.

We definitely have a problem defensively that we need to sort out sooner rather than later.

I think if we had went with the team we had last season we would be in a better position, even though they chucked it in the last third of the season.

4 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

I agree, not saying they couldn't be improved - particularly defensively.

The defence certainly could, Warburtons needs to get back to that early football we played when he first came in as we do not move the ball about with the same intensity we did then, this is one of our main problems too many players want to take too many touches rather than pass and move.

1 hour ago, sammy cox said:

Didn't you know it's as simple as ask for more investment that's everything fixed simple.What a certain section want is some sugar daddy to say there's 20 million of my hard earned for 4 or 5 players plus another 10 million to pay them all out of my own pocket.Don't worry about paying it back have it for free as I'm a big Rangers fan.Dont worry if that 30 million doesn't get you where you want this season I will give you another 30 million free for next season.Simple really I mean there's dozens of these " investors " queuing up outside ibrox as we speak.Really can't understand why the board haven't taken any of them up on such a fantastic offer.

Don't get it. Despite everything that's went on the answer is throw money at it, we need to spend more.

Warburton's press conferences are generic; it's the same regurgitated selection of words. Add "trained well" and "we'll be respectful" to "we're in good shape".

We're in horrendous shape, in reality.

Regardless of absolutely anything else that has happened, losing 5-1 at Parkhead was a monumental fucking embarrassment and an unbearable disgrace.

Its a painful time to be a Bear. Let's be honest, they're not a millions miles away from putting the league to bed. Dembelè is how you recruit a young, free transfer. Windass, Rossiter and Crooks might be. Is he on more than Barton and Kranjcar combined? I don't know, but I'm inclined to doubt it. On top of that, they're putting four past Aberdeen and drawing at home to Man City while we're drawing at home to Ross County and losing to Aberdeen.

My honest opinion is that, upon reaching the top flight, Warburton has hit panic stations. Barton, Kranjcar, Hill and Senderos are old, past it veterans and not the young, hungry potentials that he brought in last season, such as Holt, Halliday, Forrester and Foderingham. We lost that Old Firm game so badly because of Warburton's midfield choice.

In addition, we've got the whole Barton saga.

What a fucking mess. We are absolutely not in good shape.

1 hour ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Warburton's press conferences are generic; it's the same regurgitated selection of words. Add "trained well" and "we'll be respectful" to "we're in good shape".

Regardless of absolutely anything else that has happened, losing 5-1 at Parkhead was a monumental fucking embarrassment and an unbearable disgrace.

Its a painful time to be a Bear. Let's be honest, they're not a millions miles away from putting the league to bed. Dembelè is how you recruit a young, free transfer. Windass, Rossiter and Crooks might be. Is he on more than Barton and Kranjcar combined? I don't know, but I'm inclined to doubt it. On top of that, they're putting four past Aberdeen and drawing at home to Man City while we're drawing at home to Ross County and losing to Aberdeen.

My honest opinion is that, upon reaching the top flight, Warburton has hit panic stations. Barton, Kranjcar, Hill and Senderos are old, past it veterans and not the young, hungry potentials that he brought in last season, such as Holt, Halliday, Forrester and Foderingham. We lost that Old Firm game so badly because of Warburton's midfield choice.

Absolutely fucking spot on. Cannot disagree with a single word of this.

On 01/10/2016 at 3:43 AM, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Good post and honest rather the head in the cloud nonsense we read on here constantly.

We are not in good shape. But we aren't a million miles away either.

My biggest concern is the defence. If we start keeping clean sheets the rest will follow follow. 

Speaking of FF I was playing at Royal Musselburgh on Friday and FF were there for a day out. Dingwall is fookin massively fat had no idea he was that huge ??