CCS card scheme ballot for semi final.

Falkirk bear

Just noticed on club website in the ticket information section that a ballot to be held for fans signed up for the above scheme, saying that it depends on previous attending for this tournament. Just wondering if any fellow bears can ever rememember this happening before? I can't.

What does this part mean?

"Special Match Applications have been sent for this fixture and the deadline date for the return of applications is Monday 3 October, ticket allocations will be confirmed shortly thereafter. Payment will be taken from week commencing Monday 3 October."

Supporters clubs maybe?

1 minute ago, blueretro said:

What does this part mean?

"Special Match Applications have been sent for this fixture and the deadline date for the return of applications is Monday 3 October, ticket allocations will be confirmed shortly thereafter. Payment will be taken from week commencing Monday 3 October."

Supporters clubs maybe?

Correct supporters clubs have until 3 to ask for tickets

2 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Surely a lot of the 20000 cccs will have signed up after the QOTS game so hopefully even if you've only been to a couple of the games on cccs then you'll get a ticket 

I hear there were 17.5k 2 weeks before the Annan game so maybe not that many will have signed up after qos game 

19 minutes ago, billsim1984 said:

I hear there were 17.5k 2 weeks before the Annan game so maybe not that many will have signed up after qos game 

Oh well! I signed up at the beginning so hopefully I'll get one but TBH it was a farce this year and I can understand folk not signing up til the end of July because it was a lot of money to pay in July along with ST renewals etc.

1 minute ago, jintybear said:

Oh well! I signed up at the beginning so hopefully I'll get one but TBH it was a farce this year and I can understand folk not signing up til the end of July because it was a lot of money to pay in July along with ST renewals etc.

I did aswell so hoping I'll be lucky. Wonder how many of those who singed up after the qos game will "opt out" if they don't get one for this. 

So does this mean we're now penalising folk that have paid for a ticket but perhaps couldn't go for whatever reason? Wow.

If so talk about moving goalposts.

Wish we could be revolutionary and tell folk our ballot rules / criteria before a season starts and then stick to it. And I say that as someone whose been fortunate in the draws so far. 

10 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So does this mean we're now penalising folk that have paid for a ticket but perhaps couldn't go for whatever reason? Wow.

If so talk about moving goalposts.

Wish we could be revolutionary and tell folk our ballot rules / criteria before a season starts and then stick to it. And I say that as someone whose been fortunate in the draws so far. 

I wouldn't of thought so, if you paid for the ticket it should count.

I will be extremely disappointed if it don't get one since I haven't rejected a ticket in the cccs in all the time I have been on it, plus technically pay for all home cup games.

11 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

I wouldn't of thought so, if you paid for the ticket it should count.

I will be extremely disappointed if it don't get one since I haven't rejected a ticket in the cccs in all the time I have been on it, plus technically pay for all home cup games.

"Please note a ballot will be required for those on Semi Final / Final Priority, the ballot will be based on attendance of previous rounds in the competition.

Payment will be taken from week commencing Monday 3 October."

Yeah maybe just ambiguous in the wording.

It would be nice if the club could give more information on this. 

Something like, if you signed up at the start you are guaranteed a ticket, if you signed up before QOS you will be balloted with a favourable chance of getting a ticket. If you signed up after QOS, sorry all the tickets are gone, you won't be in the ballot.

That's obviously not set in stone, and is based on absolutely nothing.

22 minutes ago, blueretro said:

It would be nice if the club could give more information on this. 

Something like, if you signed up at the start you are guaranteed a ticket, if you signed up before QOS you will be balloted with a favourable chance of getting a ticket. If you signed up after QOS, sorry all the tickets are gone, you won't be in the ballot.

That's obviously not set in stone, and is based on absolutely nothing.

You should only be allowed to sign up when you renew, not once we draw the tims

1 hour ago, j1mgg said:

You should only be allowed to sign up when you renew, not once we draw the tims

I think it's down to the league cup being early this year. The CCCS closing date stayed the same as previous seasons. It should probably have been changed to stop this happening.

1 hour ago, ShanksRFC said:

Looks fairly clear to me that if you ticked all home games you will get a ticket? T ballots only for those on semi final/ final and then your chances in ballot are based on tickets bought prior in the cup.

Doubt it will matter if you actually attended the games.

You couldn't tick only semi-final and final. You had to tick all home games as a minimum to get that.

Years ago it was easier for the club to dish out tickets to ST holders through the CCS scheme by probably pressing a button, an address was printed on an envelope, a ticket inserted and posted. Job done.

We applied for all away games knowing only 4/5 tickets would be issued and gave most to the supporter's club and through CCS  we got Manchester tickets.

45 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Pretty sure you could if you got the form posted? I might be wrong but that was the case last year.

Aye, you can tick just one option on a paper form and when they receive it back they put it in the bin because it states clearly you can only select semis and finals if you've also selected the home games one. They will basically look at how many games anyone on the CCCS has got tickets for already, those that signed up early, or have signed up now but also bought tickets for every previous game wont be in the ballot in all likelihood because there will be more tickets than those people so they'll just get one and they'll keep doing the same until they get to a group (maybe folk now on CCCS who have missed 2 games) that outnumber the number of tickets left and they'll be balloted. With the numbers being thrown about I'd be pretty confident that anyone who signed up after the last game and who hasn't attended any previous games has no chance at all.