Rangers statement

RFCRobertson

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Well outrage but no action - just an implied threat in the last line - kinda weak even by my evenhanded standards 

What else can they say? They can't just come out and say 'oi sfa ya fuckin cunts, get this sorted or we'll shite in yer kettle' 

Just now, Queen's_highway said:

What else can they say? They can't just come out and say 'oi sfa ya fuckin cunts, get this sorted or we'll shite in yer kettle' 

That's the problem though.. All they do is say stuff! There's statements every week from the club but nothing ever gets done so what's the point?

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

That's the problem though.. All they do is say stuff! There's statements every week from the club but nothing ever gets done so what's the point?

I know mate but what else can do? They'll just say there's been an investigation and that's that. They're corrupt but nothing gets done about it 

I think its a quite a strong statement from the board and like has already been said it will probably lead to nothing but at least they have made known the grievances we have. People are saying whats the point of the statement but some of those people were also crying out for the club to make a statement so in some ways its a no win.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

"It should be understood Rangers will not tolerate any of their employees being attacked with impunity."

A very bold statement that needs to be followed up with consequences. If it is not, the open season on us will continue and we will remain a figure of ridicule.

Agree. In what way will we "not tolerate" it exactly....action is needed or it is just yet another statement of outrage.

Just now, kaiser1041 said:

Every cunt on here giving it release a statement release a statement we then release a statement and we get it's only fucking words.

a mixture of well known arshole trolls and band wagon jumpers chime in.

get a fucking grip 

This!

A strong statement and looks like the opening shot with more to come if the totally corrupt SFA do sfa!

19 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Well outrage but no action - just an implied threat in the last line - kinda weak even by my evenhanded standards 

15 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Great statement but that's all it is.. A statement!

15 minutes ago, BenLui said:

Don't think we will be putting anybody in their place on & off the park anytime soon. Depressing. 

People wanted a response from the board.  The board have made a statement and people are still complaining.  Nothing the board do will ever be good enough.

I like that.

Later than I'd have liked but they have a direct go at the authorities, Hivees and Petrie. 

Now it's about following up on it and not backing down as previously.

Oh and I'm amazed at the similarities with the 1872 statement. Almost like the independent organisation and club conferred :wink:

“However, four months on from the Final, the Scottish FA have still not held a formal de-brief.”

Because they are fucking fenians ya choobe - what do you expect; we are fighting for what our forefathers reformed our country for - this is not politics, it is direct, personal attack on Rangers supporters.  In bygone days their tictacs was against Protestants and Huguenots - now it's Rangers supporters.

Catch a wake up - FTP and fuck the snp.

13 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

I know mate but what else can do? They'll just say there's been an investigation and that's that. They're corrupt but nothing gets done about it 

Fuck knows. Consult lawyers, seek to press charges against individuals, threaten to withdraw from the tournament, contact UEFA, FIFA, whoever, just do something. Just repeating what people have been saying on here all day in a well written statement is utterly pointless.

Seems to me that yet again King and the Board have been wrong-footed and caught of guard by a line taken by the SFA.   They have not learned to expect the unexpected even when the other party - in this case the incompetent SFA - have a track record of mishandling matters relating to Rangers.   There was clearly no advance notification or hint to Rangers from the SFA of the line they were about to make public.   Asking for urgent 'clarification' is weak, a holding position to buy yet more time while they try to work out what to say next / what to do.  It indicates they do not have dialogue with the SFA other than through the very formal transmission of charges, withdrawal of charges, reports and so on (not even draft copies for comment before matters are made public).   Dealing with the SFA takes on the appearance of being like dealing with Stalinists - people whose only concept of what is right or wrong, fair or unfair, lawful or unlawful is their own.

They - King and the Board - are being laughed at, sniggered at, mocked even as powerless, toothless and lacking any nous as to how to react to anything.   They are being lorded over by an incompetent SFA and have allowed the workings of the so-called active harm clubs to go unpunished. 

It's time King showed some real leadership, some real bottle, some real anger, some real action.    The entire Board need some cases of milk to add some calcium to deficient spines.   

It was a holding response.  But it cannot, it must not, result in delay before setting out exactly what the formal Rangers response to this shambles is to be.