RFCRobertson

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I like that.

Later than I'd have liked but they have a direct go at the authorities, Hivees and Petrie. 

Now it's about following up on it and not backing down as previously.

Oh and I'm amazed at the similarities with the 1872 statement. Almost like the independent organisation and club conferred :wink:

Anything in there suggest to you that it will be followed up on?

Damned if they didnt release a statement..and damned if they do.

I really don't know what the Club could actually do here..

Spit oot the dummy and ban ourselves from the Scottish Cup??..

Im actually grateful that they didnt find a way to just fine Rangers...

Corrupt to the core then. Corrupt to the core now. sfa/spfl. 

6 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Things won't change if the board sit back and take it. I don't think we should with-draw from the Scottish cup. The Scottish cup should be a safe competition for Rangers to play in. I'm glad the club didn't get a fine. But the player safety issue was not investigated in the Bowen report. Things need to change at SFA level as they are not fit for purpose. I hope this will be highlighted to EUFA/FIFA and changes made.

22 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Has the Club gathered evidence and handed it over to the police and sfa , regarding our players and officials being attacked . We do that and they cannot ignore it . 

Isn't that not what the people arrested is about? The fighting etc 

15 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Anything in there suggest to you that it will be followed up on?

Not really.

But I'm hoping they find their baws unlike the last time when it didn't happen. 

Maybe it's just words and bluster, hope it's more, but like the first CF statement I do like the tone.

14 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

That's the ridiculous thing about all of this, there isn't anything the club can do. They shouldn't have to, the SFA should be protecting players but they've basically said it's fine to attack players and staff (although obviously not for the police)

1 minute ago, Jb85 said:

Isn't that not what the people arrested is about? The fighting etc 

Couldny say for sure , would imagine that'll be the police , n they're still looking for people and for people giving them help . I was meaning ,evidence the Club has gathered on their own behalf , independently from any authorities  

Well I've slated them long and hard for saying he has. Fairs fair they ave issued a statement, its shite but its a statement none the less. If we have heard nothing by MOnday we should be public ally announcing that we will be boycotting this seasons scottish cup. Personally I'd avoid the filth semi but I know bears have tickets for this now.

come on rangers assert your authority 

we ARE the biggest club in the land

we ARE the only show in town

16 minutes ago, Bears said:

Good statement.

But what's the next step when it is ignored?

UEFA?

Health and Safety Executive?

I agree with what coopsleftboot said in the other thread as to what we would hope would happen next.

10 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

I assume that the board will have received the decision and supporting documentation yesterday and will be deliberating the content with our legal representatives on what is our best course of action before making any statement.  Surely we want a calm and measured response reflecting our dissatisfaction and what our next move will be?

I'd hope that would include a statement of no confidence in the SFA, citing their inability to provide a safe place of work for Rangers employees and the astonishing omission of that element from their own investigations.  And on that basis, inviting (perhaps) the Health and Safety Executive to provide an independent safety investigation into an incident that put Rangers employees in a high risk situation that the organiser had patently failed to plan for or react to.  I'd be delighted if Rangers commissioned this investigation or lobbied the PFA to do so on their members behalf.  It's entirely possible the SFA have failed in their duty in discharging the pseudo-legal requirements of HSG65 and the statutory duties within the HASAW etc Act 1974 and Management Regulations.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Not really.

But I'm hoping they find their baws unlike the last time when it didn't happen. 

Maybe it's just words and bluster, hope it's more, but like the first CF statement I do like the tone.

Agreed. My worry is the lack of threat or intent. I'm pretty supportive of this board on the whole, but we can't keep just saying oh well, they're corrupt, let's just get on with it, because it will just get worse.

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I agree will what coopsleftboot said in the other thread as to what we would hope would happen next.

I never saw his post but I agree with him totally. He clearly knows more about the details than I do! Thanks for the quote. The club needs to contact the SFA and inform them that this is the next step unless appropriate action is taken and also seen to be taken.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Another good statement. We are good at these statements.

It's acting on them that we never seem to do. Until we do that it's a waste of time.

I'd pull out of this years Scottish Cup. Sounds drastic but we need to do something.

All we have to do is say we are thinking about pulling out watch the sponsors get twitchy.