Rangers statement

RFCRobertson

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Another good statement. We are good at these statements.

It's acting on them that we never seem to do. Until we do that it's a waste of time.

I'd pull out of this years Scottish Cup. Sounds drastic but we need to do something.

Yup. Needs something drastic to draw attention from outside.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bears said:

I never saw his post but I agree with him totally. He clearly knows more about the details than I do! Thanks for the quote. The club need to contact the SFA and inform them that this is the next step unless appropriate action is taken and also seen to be taken.

yw, it was a sensible post by coopsleftboot as to what actions could be taken next by the club. 

1 minute ago, GWR1979 said:

All we have to do is say we are thinking about pulling out watch the sponsors get twitchy.

I was just about to post the same, if the SFA can't assure our players/fans safety then Rangers are reviewing whether it's worth the risk.

The time for statements are over get the Lawyers onto the Sfa.

This will be like all the statements just to try and pretend they give a fuck. A couple of weeks and there will be another attack on Rangers and the cowards will still be sitting on their Hands doing nothing.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Would the club not be in breach of contract if they did that? 

They would have breached article 33 of the SFA's articles of association which allows them to fine, censure or "any other sanction or penalty the judicial panel considers appropriate". 

I thought it was a decent enough statement, but what will be done........ nothing.

The SFA  won't do anything, they're useless.

HASAW  should have moved on this, but they won't do anything, they too are useless.

So over to you SPFA, why haven't you done anything about this in the past 4 months, silly me, you're also useless.

Lots of folk in these 3 organisations getting paid for being useless, or to put it in a proper perspective, turning a blind eye.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

They would have breached article 33 of the SFA's articles of association which allows them to fine, censure or "any other sanction or penalty the judicial panel considers appropriate". 

Then that is not the appropriate action for the club to take. coopsleftboot's suggestion seem the most realistic course of action so far.

7 minutes ago, EKCO said:

I was just about to post the same, if the SFA can't assure our players/fans safety then Rangers are reviewing whether it's worth the risk.

Just saying we are thinking about it would be a big story, without going the whole hog and getting sanctioned by the SFA.

We should also be employing our own security for away games and billing the SFA, steps need to be taken to ensure our fans and players safety at a game of football. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Im not saying we carry it through, just make the statement to make a strong point.......then when the next set of fans invade against us we have a great stance to beat them with and surely the UK media would back us up?

I would love them to say stick your cup up your arse, but id abdolutely hate it if we went through with it.

What id do is hire 500 or a 1000 bouncers to police the scumbag fans the next time we're at Hamdump and bill they useless cunts.

Id also demand the footage from umpteen cameras be made public immediately.

6 minutes ago, EKCO said:

Im not saying we carry it through, just make the statement to make a strong point.......then when the next set of fans invade against us we have a great stance to beat them with and surely the UK media would back us up?

The board would be laughed at by the SFA if Rangers took that stance . They would do nothing and await Rangers to breach contract. 

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Why are people suggesting we withdraw from the Scottish Cup? All that does is give them another stick to beat us with as we are obliged to play in it. 

When will the penny drop ... they don't need sticks to beat us with ... they invent things/exaggerate things/lie about things. Always have done and always will do - especially since 2012.

I didn't know we were obliged to play in it. If that's so and we can't pull out of it legally then fair enough - literally stick out our 16's team & don't sell tickets for it. Fuck them up whichever way possible, then.

11 minutes ago, bornabear said:

I thought it was a decent enough statement, but what will be done........ nothing.

The SFA  won't do anything, they're useless.

HASAW  should have moved on this, but they won't do anything, they too are useless.

So over to you SPFA, why haven't you done anything about this in the past 4 months, silly me, you're also useless.

Lots of folk in these 3 organisations getting paid for being useless, or to put it in a proper perspective, turning a blind eye.

Maybe they were awaiting the SFA's report before something could be done

Just now, K.A.I said:

When will the penny drop ... they don't need sticks to beat us with ... they invent things/exaggerate things/lie about things. Always have done and always will do - especially since 2012.

I didn't know we were obliged to play in it. If that's so and we can't pull out of it legally then fair enough - literally stick out our 16's team & don't sell tickets for it. Fuck them up whichever way possible, then.

If they make things up to punish us then giving them an actual reason to do so would be nothing more than stupidity. 

Can't do either. Have to play first team. If demonstrably weakened team played it also leaves you liable to sanction. Sporting integrity and all that. 

As coopsleftboot says taking this through the PFA and HSE is our best bet. Players and club would be protected as whistleblowers 

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

The board would be laughed at if Rangers took that stance by the SFA . They would do nothing and await Rangers to breach contract. 

I think you missed the point where I said we would not actually withdraw but would be able to state their incompetence for all to see. Maybe even state that if we withdrew then we would face sanction and we can't ensure our safety without sanction which leads our players and fans into a no win situation.

5 minutes ago, EKCO said:

I think you missed the point where I said we would not actually withdraw but would be able to state their incompetence for all to see. Maybe even state that if we withdrew then we would face sanction and we can't ensure our safety without sanction which leads our players and fans into a no win situation.

That would be an empty threat, if the club are to take action then it needs to be followed through.

The government has now commented at the failure of the SFA , so maybe it will come to the attention of EUFA//FIFA and they will step in and make changes to the SFA.

Football clubs warned they face Scottish Government rap over fan disorder due to SFA failings

http://www.<No links to this website>/news/scottish-news/football-clubs-warned-face-scottish-8942788?

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

People wanted a response from the board.  The board have made a statement and people are still complaining.  Nothing the board do will ever be good enough.

It is a bit heavy on rhetoric and light on action. If they had ended it with even saying 'exploring all options to assign blame / make sure it won't happen again ' i would have been happier 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Would beiteresting battle in court if we s herwithdrew from the cup and the SFA hammered us. 

Be a battle finally worth paying a lawyer for, but of course the RFFF money is gone. 

Where has IT gone now ? This RFFF cash must be dizzy as ITs been here and then there and now Its gone, Is this 100% true or you just playing games again ?:001: