Rangers statement

RFCRobertson

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If they make things up to punish us then giving them an actual reason to do so would be nothing more than stupidity. 

Can't do either. Have to play first team. If demonstrably weakened team played it also leaves you liable to sanction. Sporting integrity and all that. 

As coopsleftboot says taking this through the PFA and HSE is our best bet. Players and club would be protected as whistleblowers 

(tu)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

It is a bit heavy on rhetoric and light on action. If they had ended it with even saying 'exploring all options to assign blame / make sure it won't happen again ' i would have been happier 

Yup. Exactly.

That's not action, it's a statement (albiet a decent statement but we need the action part to follow.)

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Well outrage but no action - just an implied threat in the last line - kinda weak even by my evenhanded standards 

ffs, this is the first post I've read, not read the statement.

If bp9 thinks it's weak, then I think I am going to hate it.

8 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

That would be an empty threat, if the club are to take action then it needs to be followed through.

The government has now commented at the failure of the SFA , so maybe it will come to the attention of EUFA//FIFA and they will step in and make changes to the SFA.

Why would it be an empty threat? Rangers and our fans are targeted with impunity, lets see the wee fish and her government back it up....don't expect it so then the UK press back us/ridicules the SFA and fish gov, then maybe UK gov and UEFA have to step in. It continues to highlight their bias, not vicTIM just facts.

Either that or we continue to say nothing, bend over and continually take it? Really? Not for me.

It should be understood Rangers will not tolerate any of their employees being attacked with impunity.

Except for the last time, which you seem to be tolerating.

Mealy mouthed pish, dissapointed, astonished blah blah blah.    We should be demanding the case be reopened, or we are going to take it to a real court.   our players were fucking attacked ffs.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Except for the last time, which you seem to be tolerating.

Mealy mouthed pish, dissapointed, astonished blah blah blah.    We should be demanding the case be reopened, or we are going to take it to a real court.   our players were fucking attacked ffs.

Yep - that's was why I was disappointed - that last line is just kinda dangling! I hope they have a legal team on it and soon 

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

Yep - that's was why I was disappointed - that last line is just kinda dangling! I hope they have a legal team on it and soon 

(tu)  if they actualy follow it up with some action, then I will owe them an aplogy.  I think we both know tht no action is going to be taken,  the case is closed, until the next time.

7 minutes ago, EKCO said:

Why would it be an empty threat? Rangers and our fans are targeted with impunity, lets see the wee fish and her government back it up....don't expect it so then the UK press back us/ridicules the SFA and fish gov, then maybe UK gov and UEFA have to step in. It continues to highlight their bias, not vicTIM just facts.

Either that or we continue to say nothing, bend over and continually take it? Really? Not for me.

It would be an empty threat as the club couldn't possibly follow it through due to breaching rules.

28 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If they make things up to punish us then giving them an actual reason to do so would be nothing more than stupidity. 

Can't do either. Have to play first team. If demonstrably weakened team played it also leaves you liable to sanction. Sporting integrity and all that. 

As coopsleftboot says taking this through the PFA and HSE is our best bet. Players and club would be protected as whistleblowers 

This action would stop the sfa wheel from turning, a vote of no confidence and boot them out. Then rebuild to include Rangers having a seat at the table.

7 minutes ago, DAVIE8CH said:

sfa would loose more no rangers no tv deal

Of course, but as those in charge of RIFC, the board have a legal obligation to shareholders to act in such a way that would be "most likely to promote the success of the company for the benefit of its members as a whole."

Pulling out of the Scottish Cup and forfeiting the revenue it would bring could potentially land the directors in hot water.

9 minutes ago, BluesClues said:

Of course, but as those in charge of RIFC, the board have a legal obligation to shareholders to act in such a way that would be "most likely to promote the success of the company for the benefit of its members as a whole."

Pulling out of the Scottish Cup and forfeiting the revenue it would bring could potentially land the directors in hot water.

what money do rangers shareholders get

2 minutes ago, mrmojorisin said:

Òf course..we should be looking to win any competition we enter...but i dont think we are legally obliged to enter 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

They would have breached article 33 of the SFA's articles of association which allows them to fine, censure or "any other sanction or penalty the judicial panel considers appropriate".