Ryan Hardie

Raligt

Whats your thoughts on him? Still only 19, has scored a few goals for us and at St Mirren and Raith Rovers. With more game time he could possibly be a great striker for us in the future.

Wrong to send him on loan when he could've been an option this season before we brought in Garner and Dodoo.

Possibly would be more effective in games than MoH given time.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why he'd be more effective than MoH, I'd say he'd be more effective than Miller! As he's still scoring goals and been called up to the Under 19 Scotland squad, would really like to see him given a chance second half of this season (believe loan is only to end of year) and if he does well could be more important to us next season.

A loan was absolutely the best option for him this season. At his age he needs regular games, not the odd scattering of minutes here and there, and that's all he would have got this season for us because Waghorn & Miller would always be ahead of him in the pecking order.

We shouldn't have been so hasty in sending him to St Mirren though because a lot of Premiership clubs ended up needing strikers this summer and a move to a better club would have been even more beneficial.

25 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Boy in my work follows st mirren everywhere and says he's going to be a top player. 

Also rates Walsh very highly. 

Absolutely agree with Walsh, think he is a great player, so comfortable on the ball. I really think he should be playing with us just now.

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Charlie Telfer, Calum Gallagher, Andy Mitchell, Andy Murdoch and Jordan McMillan all agree.

To the best of my knowledge none of these guys are excelling elsewhere. High hopes for young Ryan, so fingers crossed he continues to develop. We don't have an out and out striker at the moment but he will benefit from game time.

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Charlie Telfer, Calum Gallagher, Andy Mitchell, Andy Murdoch and Jordan McMillan all agree.

Andy Murdoch would have done better than Kranjcar and Barton certainly or certainly could not have been any worse. Young player or semi retired player mmm it's a tough one.

Clever little player with an eye for goal but his general play is horrific. Won't make it for us, but he'll be spl level eventually I think. 

Its about long term improvement of our youth system for me, not giving this batch a run in the side - one Lewis Macleod every 5 years is criminal for a club our size but with our financial limitations because of our league. If we're to go beyond where we were in 2011 a quality youth system will  be a staple of that success.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He couldn't get a game at QOTS 

I dont think Kranjcar or Barton could either the way they play. Murdoch did well when he played for us certainly better than these two who seem to have retired already.

What happened to developing the youth giving young players a chance, it's what McCoist was judged on that and signing older players, the goalposts have moved on that Argument now though.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I've yet to see him at a U20s game yet. I remember that was a massive problem before.

That's the thing posters keep on moving the goalposts on argument to suit the Manager they back at the time, they should still have the same views.

It's the same with Warburton signing so many injured/overage players that was quite rightly a crime with the last board and Manager now it's fine.