Good old taxman

Smile

Yep and they all sat back and let a known crook run up tax debts by not paying the players NI, they called the SFA in September yet he never paid a penny and they did nothing until we went into admin February  yet Rangers football club got the blame and thrown to the wolfs 

If we win the big tax case then all hell is gonna break loose as it was a vendetta by our enemy's that got the whole thing going, Murray even offered X amount and they knocked it back over the ebt's, then most of that bill was fines they kept imposing on Murray for not paying.

As I said what happens if we win the Supreme Court case as its 50/50

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It should be exposed, our club was singled out. OOooo look the papers advertising free turkey, i suppose there'll be a lot of them running about soon. :)

Free turkey? Bought buy sellik, sold a week later for 25 Squillion

2 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Yep and they all sat back and let a known crook run up tax debts by not paying the players NI, they called the SFA in September yet he never paid a penny until we went into admin yet February  yet Rangers football club got the blame and thrown to the wolfs 

If we win the big tax case then all hell is gonna break loose as it was a vendetta by our enemy's that got the whole thing going, Murray even offered X amount and they knocked it back over the ebt's, then most of that bill was fines they kept imposing on Murray for not paying.

We didn't lose last time for legal reasons, we lost for "moral reasons" by some shitty judging panel, if this next stage actually stick to law then we shouldn't lose.

4 hours ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

We didn't lose last time for legal reasons, we lost for "moral reasons" by some shitty judging panel, if this next stage actually stick to law then we shouldn't lose.

Exactly mate.why do you think hmrc are  up here challenging this particular ebt    it's because They can't win this ebt in England.

Not sure I see what the big scandal is tbh.

Reeks of the Daily Mail (those well respected investigative journalists :wink:) trying to find anything they possibly can to hang onto the coattails of the Telegraph's 'corruption in football' story.

However, when you read beyond the headline it says a tribunal judged in 1997 that clubs could treat image rights payments differently to wages. So this is hardly the unearthing of secret 'sweetheart deals' despite how the Daily Mail are trying to portray it. IMO.

9 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Also anyone trying to draw a reasonable comparison between this and our tax case is a moron. 

No offence.

I don't think many would directly compare them as they are totally different circumstances. However, if HMRC are going to use 'moral' arguments like the last appeal tribunal done with us then it has to be applied to HMRC as well. There is no consistency from a moral viewpoint on how HMRC conduct their affairs. This isn't the only example, there are loads of them.

Just now, Loyal Bear 72 said:

I don't think many would directly compare them as they are totally different circumstances. If HMRC are going to use a 'moral' argument like the last appeal tribunal done with us then it has to be applied to HMRC as well. There is no consistency from a moral viewpoint on how HMRC conduct their affairs. This isn't the only example, there are loads.

This has nothing to do with HMRC acting immorally. It's a tribunal decision that they need to accept. 

By telling people about it they're doing their job of informing the taxpayer, which they are required to do.

12 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

This has nothing to do with HMRC acting immorally. It's a tribunal decision that they need to accept. 

By telling people about it they're doing their job of informing the taxpayer, which they are required to do.

The tribunal decision from 1997 is what HMRC are saying they are bound by. That's not what I would argue with. It's more what they have agreed with individual clubs since then.

Also, the article states: "An HMRC spokesman said: ‘HMRC does not do deals. Image rights payments are always taxable.’"

Of course they do and no-one is arguing the payments aren't taxable.

12 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Yep and they all sat back and let a known crook run up tax debts by not paying the players NI, they called the SFA in September yet he never paid a penny and they did nothing until we went into admin February  yet Rangers football club got the blame and thrown to the wolfs 

God I hope your right CB??

HMRC have and always do, do deals. We must literally have been the first going concern that they never entertained any kind of deal and were attempting to pursue the entire amount plus interest. It's absolutely fucking ridiculous what happened to us.