Respect from RM

Today a fellow bear lost his life doing what 50000 of us do every second week. To be honest, today's loss could have been any one of us. And at 39 young years of age that's horrific. 

I'm suggesting though I don't know if it's even feasible that we lock or suspend all threads not related to our loss. Even for a few hours more until perhaps tomorrow morning as a simple mark of respect.

For me nothing else matters right now.

Over to admin if it's even possible or acceptable as an idea.

If not, fellow bear, may you RIP.

The  best way to remember and respect his memory is with a minutes silence followed by 90 mins of the world famous Ibrox noise supporting the team that Ryan loved. 

I love every one of yous and I'm glad we can all put our differences aside at times like this.

6 hours ago, kaiser1041 said:

Personally I think we can both pay our respects and talk all things Rangers.

(tu)  People deal with things like this in their own way.  Some will want to talk about it, some will want to shitpost and try to take thier minds off it, some will try to lighten the mood.

I'd rather just leave things the way they are, and let people deal withit in thier own way.

That's my 2c, hopefully the other staff will add opinions.

I understand what OP is saying but like Gogzy I think that it will help others if we keep threads open.

there is not a Rangers fan who is not hurting this morning, I've spent 31 years travelling all over on my supporters bus and this could quite easily be any one of us 

When one of us bleed, we all bleed 

When one of us cries, we all cry

When one of us grieves , we all grieve

#rangersfamily 

Horrible, horrible news. 

No one should ever put their scarf on, head out to the football, and never return home. As others have said, best to pay respects in some posts, and take your mind off of it in others.

I didn't know the lad, but something about losing your life heading out to see the Rangers makes me think he'd be far more settled with us talking about everything to do with the club - as we do on here - than holding any more than a few quiet moments for him. 

May he rest in peace. 

just in off a nightshift and I couldn't get the thought of that poor boy leaving home yesterday morning to do what we all do travel far and wide to support our team but not returning home to his family after the match. it fills my heart with such sadness rest in peace fellow bear. and a speedy recovery to all those who survived but were injured our thoughts are with each and every one of you and my sincere condolences to young Ryan's family and friends. 

I think we're all in a state of shock by this terrible tradegy.As someone already said we are the Rangers family,blues brothers. Whatever is decided as a mark of respect will be observed unconditionally.No one should go to the football on a Saturday and not return home,thoughts and prayers with the family and friends of the poor lad.

WATP XXX

Can't imagine what his family are going thru just now,  unthinkable that someone could head off to the football and for something like this to happen. Really puts things in to perspective.  I have no doubts that th Club will find a fitting way to pay tribute to him. We as a support have been thru a lot recently with lots of arguments and infighting but when you get down to the bare bones of it we're all there for each other and if anything good could come from what happened today it's us as a support and as a people maybe taking some time to appreciate each other and what we have

14 minutes ago, Willis said:

Can't imagine what his family are going thru just now,  unthinkable that someone could head off to the football and for something like this to happen. Really puts things in to perspective.  I have no doubts that th Club will find a fitting way to pay tribute to him. We as a support have been thru a lot recently with lots of arguments and infighting but when you get down to the bare bones of it we're all there for each other and if anything good could come from what happened today it's us as a support and as a people maybe taking some time to appreciate each other and what we have

Regarding one of the the things that Rangers could do, would the spfl allow the team to all have 'Baird' as their names on jersey's for the next game.

11 minutes ago, murzo said:

Regarding one of the the things that Rangers could do, would the spfl allow the team to all have 'Baird' as their names on jersey's for the next game.

Refs wouldn't go for it. Can you imagine someone like Wilson getting booked?

Ref: Name

Wilson: Wilson

Ref: Turn round.

(Wilson turns round)

Ref: Eh, could you spell your name for me please.

2 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

Refs wouldn't go for it. Can you imagine someone like Wilson getting booked?

Ref: Name

Wilson: Wilson

Ref: Turn round.

(Wilson turns round)

Ref: Eh, could you spell your name for me please.

What did ref's do before names, the shirts would still be numbered. 

29 minutes ago, murzo said:

Mentioned it in the other thread , does anyone think adding his name to the Greig memorial would be something for the club to look into ?

Never noticed this last night, but clocked it this morning on my Twitter timeline:

Shannon Elizabeth @shanna****

RIP Ryan Baird. You will be missed big man! You saved my mum and other people on that bus I wish I could thank you for that ?

This guy saved others, RIP Big Man ......

39 minutes ago, murzo said:

What did ref's do before names, the shirts would still be numbered. 

So would the oppositions. The number alone wouldn't help. He would have to write blue or rangers or something beside it. Right number 9, you're booked. How do you spell blue?