9 years ago today

WGOH

We put in one of our greatest ever performances and defeated Lyon 0-3 away from home. 

THAT night we were incredible. Cousin was unplayable at times, Hutton was phenomenal and McGregor was outstanding. To a man, the whole team were incredible. 

Can't find any videos of the goals, but I'm sure we remember them all. Especially that 60 yard pass from Cousin to Beasley! 

Lets hope we can get those nights back soon. 

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Remember how angry we all were in the home tie that we never reached the last 16? :lol: 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Had we qualified we would have won the league but don't get me wrong Manchester was magical.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Fuck wish you hadn't mentioned that , I'd just got over that nightmare 

There was a few near misses in that group . Remember Barry fergusson inches away from connecting with a cross v Barca in the 0-0 game aswell .was talking about it a few weeks back on another thread , think if it had gone in the roof would have blew off ibrox that night 

We really did have a good team back then, for some reason I always really liked Kevin Thomson as a Rangers player. Off topic but I mind he scored against the tinks at ibrox just before half time and I mind a year or 2 later I came across a video on YouTube of him scoring and the broomlan road bears that got put in our away end when they come to ibrox doing the bouncy, it was cracking. 

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

There was a few near misses in that group . Remember Barry fergusson inches away from connecting with a cross v Barca in the 0-0 game aswell .was talking about it a few weeks back on another thread , think if it had gone in the roof would have blew off ibrox that night 

Couldn't make or even watch Barca game at time. But that was a good result, do remember that Messi twat complaining about our style of football in the media afterwards. Bawbag ?

What a fucking season that was , would do it all over again in a heartbeat even though the end was heartbreaking . The pride I had in the team that season was immense 

bremen at home was probably one of my favourite nights at ibrox and knocking them out was when I started to reliase we might be on the brink of something special here 

The bullet McCulloch header from that game is one of the moments watching the team that is burned into my memory, that and Kris Boyd missing a sitter vs Villareal that would have probably put us into the last eight of the champions league. 

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

Remember sitting in the govan that night and I remember wee Novo (I think) hit a shot and it flew into the side netting and the whole stand thought it went in :( 

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

Cousin should have scored at the end of 0-0 with Barca

Remember it well my brother would have been 10 months old and I was running about the house jumping and bouncing screaming when we went 3-0 up couldn't believe it, my stepdad at the time "Rangers man" told me to be quieter as would wake brother.  Fuck that 3-0 up away to a very good European side

Watched the game in my pals house and was rubber before it,to this day I can remember sitting on his couch laughing like fuck in sheer amazement.

"Three nil,three fucking nil!" :lol: 

IIRC wasn't that the first game they lost at home in the CL? Lyon were a cracking team to watch then and their record in Europe at the Stade Gerland was phenomenal at the time.

Nine years ago? Really? Jesus Christ, where is my life disappearing to?

What a night that was. I remember watching it in my old room at my mum's.

I used to play Championship Manager/Football Manager religiously, so I knew most of Lyon's team and what they were capable of. To go one, two, then three-bil up with no reply was dream stuff; a fantasy.