Robbie Fowler

I was watching his episode of that Premier League Legends that's on Sky Sports and some of his goals were :drool:

I'm aware he played in a couple of testimonial games for us but I've always thought he would have been brilliant in a Rangers shirt as a direct replacement for McCoist in Advocaats team and I've always wondered why it didn't happen?

Obviously he would have cost a lot of money, but we were splashing the cash at that point and his move to Leeds must have happened at roughly the same time we spent 12 million on Flo.

Was he a player that you hoped you would have seen at Ibrox back in the day and was he ever seriously or strongly linked to us?

I've always wondered this too there was a lot of rumours going about at the time he would sign it just never happened. I would have loved it if he had signed for us as he was a goal scorer, on another note I remember we were on the brink of signing Jardel but couldn't get a work permit I think,  now that would have been a signing if we pulled it off.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I was watching his episode of that Premier League Legends that's on Sky Sports and some of his goals were :drool:

I'm aware he played in a couple of testimonial games for us but I've always thought he would have been brilliant in a Rangers shirt as a direct replacement for McCoist in Advocaats team and I've always wondered why it didn't happen?

Obviously he would have cost a lot of money, but we were splashing the cash at that point and his move to Leeds must have happened at roughly the same time we spent 12 million on Flo.

Was he a player that you hoped you would have seen at Ibrox back in the day and was he ever seriously or strongly linked to us?

Pretty sure Leeds got him for around £10m-£11m.

Andy Cole also left Man Utd around the same time for less than we paid for Flo too.

Just shows how reckless we were with that money.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I remember him having a bright start at Liverpool but don't think he was every a top class player.

Three goals in 5 minutes against Arsenal ain't bad for an average player.   To be honest he would still put the ball in the back of the net even now ( not sure about the legs),  he certainly would have been a stand out player if we had signed him even 5 years ago. 

5 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

Three goals in 5 minutes against Arsenal ain't bad for an average player.   To be honest he would still put the ball in the back of the net even now ( not sure about the legs),  he certainly would have been a stand out player if we had signed him even 5 years ago. 

Hes no Harris vuckic though 

6 hours ago, sugar_free_pizza said:

i remember thinking at the time of the hearts league opener at swinecastle, rod wallace was a meh player at best, then he scored that goal and i fell in love with him.........what a fantastic player he was for us

One of the most underated strikers to pull on a blue jersey. IMO the wee guy was brilliant for us, and didn't cost that much either, maybe a million at the time. Remember he scored winner in SCF v the Tims.

Oh PS I've just had a horrible flashback to the Shelbourne game as I'm tying the above. That game was absolutely nuts eh. We went 3 nil down and won 4-3 or was it 5-3?? Was that not Advocaats first competitive match in charge?

2 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

One of the most underated strikers to pull on a blue jersey. IMO the wee guy was brilliant for us, and didn't cost that much either, maybe a million at the time. Remember he scored winner in SCF v the Tims.

Oh PS I've just had a horrible flashback to the Shelbourne game as I'm tying the above. That game was absolutely nuts eh. We went 3 nil down and won 4-3 or was it 5-3?? Was that not Advocaats first competitive match in charge?

He was a free transfer mate 

and it was 5 3